Sign in to follow this  
jp_ncfc111

£1M?!

SSN have just said there were complications between the clubs regarding compensation but they where resolved to the tune of £1M...

that''s horrific if true Swansea got 7M for Rodgers!!

[quote user="jp_ncfc111"]SSN have just said there were complications between the clubs regarding compensation but they where resolved to the tune of £1M... that''s horrific if true Swansea got 7M for Rodgers!![/quote]

Rolling contracts are treated much differently to fixed-term contracts.

We technically only got compensation for one year, whereas Swansea got compensation for 3 years, makes a huge difference financially.

[quote user="AJ"]We technically only got compensation for one year, whereas Swansea got compensation for 3 years, makes a huge difference financially.[/quote]

Also that figure was for Rodgers and his backroom staff, who were all on 3-year contracts.  I would imagine £1m is just for Lambert.

That''s what a rolling contract gets you unfortunately. I heard he''s signed a 3 year one at Villa?

Yes, his contract is a three year one. I still think financially at the time, us having him on a rolling one year deal was the best way to go, we just didn''t have the funds to give him a massive deal sadly

Whether the supposed £1m is for Lambert only is a question, although if so then presumably Culverhouse and Karsa would not add more than a few hundred thousand to that figure. For comparison with £1m, we had to pay Colchester £425,000 for all three, but that was three years ago and compensation for League One salaries at a small club.

[quote user="AJ"]Yes, his contract is a three year one. I still think financially at the time, us having him on a rolling one year deal was the best way to go, we just didn''t have the funds to give him a massive deal sadly[/quote]Yeah and if we did have the funds I still don''t think he''d have commited to it (even if he did stay here 3 years), especially if the so called ''If another Premier League club comes in for me, I can talk to them'' clause is true.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="AJ"]Yes, his contract is a three year one. I still think financially at the time, us having him on a rolling one year deal was the best way to go, we just didn''t have the funds to give him a massive deal sadly[/quote]
Yeah and if we did have the funds I still don''t think he''d have commited to it (even if he did stay here 3 years), especially if the so called ''If another Premier League club comes in for me, I can talk to them'' clause is true.
[/quote]

Well, if an offer was not made we''ll never know, but if an offer was made it could have made a difference. If no offer was made at all then that is negligence IMO.

What is the fecking point of even having a contract, seems like its not even worth the paper its written on.

The FA seriously needs to look at this, it needs to change.

[quote user="scrappy33"]What is the fecking point of even having a contract, seems like its not even worth the paper its written on. The FA seriously needs to look at this, it needs to change.[/quote]

He had a rolling cotract which has been paid up by  Villa, whats the problem with that

Villa have not paid up! They have signed our Manager when still technically bound to us as compensation has not been agreed, as surely there is a notice period to serve when he cannot work for any competitors (if the contract is worth the paper it''s written on). I''d imagine they are going to argue breach of contract by us for not letting him speak to Villa as claimed to be allowed by the contract.

The difference between this scenario and the ColU one is that we HAD been given permission to speak to him.

I wonder how many points deduction and big a fine Villa will get for that ( if we are found not to be have breach of the contract).