Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Canary

SPARE A THOUGH FOR US MIDLAND EXILES

Spare a thought for us Midlands exiles surrounded by Villa supporters Just passed a couple of lads in villa shirts, asked them what they thought and they were full of bull saying lambert is now at a giant of a club, and that Holt will be next, when I pointed out that they only just survived this year they laughed and said with Lambert they will finish top 8 next season and champoins league the year after, my reply was Lambert will be long gone by then,

Its going to get worse.

[quote user="Kidderminster Canary"]Spare a thought for us Midlands exiles surrounded by Villa supporters Just passed a couple of lads in villa shirts, asked them what they thought and they were full of bull saying lambert is now at a giant of a club, and that Holt will be next, when I pointed out that they only just survived this year they laughed and said with Lambert they will finish top 8 next season and champoins league the year after, my reply was Lambert will be long gone by then,

Its going to get worse.[/quote]

sounds like your 2 villa fans where around the 12 mark, adults would not come out with crap like that, why did you involve your self with 2 such volatile people, and then proceed to taunt them with your closing comments, maybe there were 3, 12 year olds present.

Yeah, you just roll over and let them ''rip the piss'' !

Not sure it was particularly ''volatile'' either.

[quote user="Firedawg"]Yeah, you just roll over and let them ''rip the piss'' !

Not sure it was particularly ''volatile'' either.[/quote]

you should have just walked away from the silly pair of pratts then,

I work in the West Mids but don''t live there. Still, we have a Villa supporter in our office but he''s been fine. We also have supporters of West Brom, Birmingham & Wolves. We DID have Cov supporters in our office but they''ve all gone rather quiet!

most Villa fans understand your feelings and agree with them, they would feel the same you will always get the odd gobby pratt, but most clubs have them, just ignore them and they will soon get fed up.

If Villa have a good season and finish top 8 their fans will have the same summer next season that we have just had. A sniff of a top 6 job and he will be handing his resignation in again. He''s now done it twice in 3 years and won''t stop till he''s at a top club.

I can actually see villa park where I live and am surrounded by villa fans a lot of them drink in the pub opposite where I live I have my Norwich City Flag in full view I got a text message of a old work colleague today saying that we would be going down this season now that we no longer have paul lambert I would love the villa to go down to shut the villa lot up its ok when everyone is living away from birmingham to comment and say that we have to deal with it but when your acutally in the middle of it then its a different matter they do still think they are a "BIG club" you should have heard the antagonism towards the club from their own supporters last season demonstrations every game towards the end and when things go belly up like they will when the players do not perform like lambert will want them to they will be up in arms demanding that he goes I have worked with a lot of villa fans for a few years now and they do not change

[quote user="JF"]If Villa have a good season and finish top 8 their fans will have the same summer next season that we have just had. A sniff of a top 6 job and he will be handing his resignation in again. He''s now done it twice in 3 years and won''t stop till he''s at a top club.[/quote]

He''s just had three seasons at a top club so it can''t be that.

It was meant to read he won''t stop till he''s at a top 6 club.

I live in the midlands too and my neighbour is a Villa supporter and was a bit full of it too. Til i told him that if Lambert is succesful there he will walk out at the first sniff of a better job just as he has at every club he has managed.