Sign in to follow this  
rattlesnake

Ian Culverhouse

Pity cully has left to go to villa

Would have liked him to stay as coach/asst manager with

perhaps malky as the front man

We have lost a great coach, possibly will be missed more than lambert.

If its malky, what sort of assistant/coach does he have at cardiff with him

Pretty sure if its Chris Hughton we would get colin calderwood as his assistant

I heard a whisper down the local this afternoon that Steve Bruce has already been ''sounded out''

Decent source so I''ve stuck a tenner on

Bruce wouldn''t be my choice but generally he has done better at smaller clubs than the big ones.The job he did at Wigan was far superior to that of Martinez.

Can someone just tell me why there seems to be such an anti-Bruce feeling? He has actually not done all that badly as manager at most of his clubs: if we want an experienced PL manager, surely he is it?

From our good friend Charlie Wyett around 2-3 hours ago - "Culverhouse is wanted by Lambert but he is currently still employed by Norwich"

Im not a fan of Bruce, wouldn''t inspire me one bit if he was to be our new man but that said if McNally was to roll him onto the pitch in a few days time i guess one thing he would bring is probable mid-table security for a season or two before it all goes wrong.. maybe we can roll reverse and get a manager just for a year or two to do a job before finding a more suitable candidate for the longer term...an interesting few days ahead, just hope we get someone in asap so we can improve on our squad and sort this Holt saga out once and for all.

Hopefully McNally has had a word with Culverhouse and questioning if he is happy club hopping on Lamberts coat tails every coule of years and wouldn''t he prefer to be settled in Norfolk with the Norwich fans singing his name as we all know he was the brains behind Lamberts success.

[quote user="AJ"]I heard a whisper down the local this afternoon that Steve Bruce has already been ''sounded out''

Decent source so I''ve stuck a tenner on[/quote]Disaster looms if that''s correct. Can''t believe that he''d be considered.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Can someone just tell me why there seems to be such an anti-Bruce feeling? He has actually not done all that badly as manager at most of his clubs: if we want an experienced PL manager, surely he is it?[/quote]He won a playoff final, can''t remember the team he beat[*-)]

If Culverhouse is going to take the plunge and have a go at management, where better than at a club where he spent the best part and longest part of his playing career!

When I look at Stve Bruce, I look at a bloke who''d of been good for our club in the late 90''s up to about 2005-06 but now looks tired and n ot hungry enough to do the job!

But managers fortunes come and go.  Even Peter Reid was decent once.

The reasons in each case will not always be the same, but for some it is because the game evolves and they don''t / aren''t able toe volve with it.

Steve Bruce would be a disaster.  I cannot see how he would be considered as hungry or dynamic.

Even if you knew little of Steve Bruce as a man, as a manager, take a look at the Sunderland team that played us at Carrow Road.  The way Bruce had Sunderland playing last season, would definitely see us get relegated.