Sign in to follow this  
homeagain

Deja Vue

[quote user="homeagain"]Seem to remember there being lots of interest in the vacancy @ NCFC just before they gave Gunn the job.[/quote]

And of course he was the one responsible for bringing in Grant Holt, a fact that Lambert (in Lambert we trust) was always uncomfortable with.

[quote user="Jack Slicer"][quote user="homeagain"]Seem to remember there being lots of interest in the vacancy @ NCFC just before they gave Gunn the job.[/quote]

And of course he was the one responsible for bringing in Grant Holt, a fact that Lambert (in Lambert we trust) was always uncomfortable with.[/quote]You know this how?

When you think about it, there is lots of interest in the Norwich job,  all of us on this forum for a start. It would be interesting to know however. just what sort of names really apply for it. I have my doubts whether this kind of job is even open to applications, more likely it''s done by head-hunting.

As for all the names being put out by the papers and the bookies, have we ever given the job to a "favourite". it always seems to be a bit of a surprise, or even "Who ?" when Peter Grant got the job.

Here we go again! Why would Lambo have that attitude towards Holt? He wanted to sign him at Colchester but Norwich outbid Colchester.

Some of the stuff on this board in the last few days has simply been disgusting. Made up allegations against Lambert and Holt with absolutely no proof all.

To top all this I see there are moans about McNally creeping in. Unbelievable.

Before anyone gives the excuse that this is peculiar to the Norfolk psyche, be assured it would be no different at other clubs unfortunately .

Lets just wait until the events fully unfold.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jack Slicer"][quote user="homeagain"]Seem to remember there being lots of interest in the vacancy @ NCFC just before they gave Gunn the job.[/quote]

And of course he was the one responsible for bringing in Grant Holt, a fact that Lambert (in Lambert we trust) was always uncomfortable with.[/quote]You know this how?[/quote].

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jack Slicer"][quote user="homeagain"]Seem to remember there being lots of interest in the vacancy @ NCFC just before they gave Gunn the job.[/quote]

And of course he was the one responsible for bringing in Grant Holt, a fact that Lambert (in Lambert we trust) was always uncomfortable with.[/quote]You know this how?[/quote].

Ah, it''s confrontational Morty, boastful Beausy''s batman. Good to see you are still patrolling this MB in your usual tolerant and constructive fashion.

Well, Gunn was manager at the time Holt joined the club so that''s a fact. As for my opinion that Lambert was always uncomfortable with Holt not being "his man" based upon God knows how many interviews where Lambert seemed reticent to give Holt unqualified praise after another swashbuckling performance leading the line and scoring the goals that made him the second highest English goal scorer in the Premier league. Time and time again I saw or heard the same reticence whenever the interviewer prompted praise for Holt from Lambert. He always seemed too quick to deflect the point and instead rush into praising the team as whole. Hence, I formed the impression and subsequently the opinion that Lambert was less than unstinting in his praise for Holt and to that extent uncomfortable with the fact that Holt was the man that his predecessor brought in i.e. Praise for Holt inevitably meant recognition to the man who had the balls and the vision to spend the bulk of his transfer budget on Holt, a player who is now valued at £4M

[quote user="Jack Slicer"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jack Slicer"][quote user="homeagain"]Seem to remember there being lots of interest in the vacancy @ NCFC just before they gave Gunn the job.[/quote]

Ah, it''s confrontational Morty, boastful Beausy''s batman. Good to see you are still patrolling this MB in your usual tolerant and constructive fashion.

Well, Gunn was manager at the time Holt joined the club so that''s a fact. As for my opinion that Lambert was always uncomfortable with Holt not being "his man" based upon God knows how many interviews where Lambert seemed reticent to give Holt unqualified praise after another swashbuckling performance leading the line and scoring the goals that made him the second highest English goal scorer in the Premier league. Time and time again I saw or heard the same reticence whenever the interviewer prompted praise for Holt from Lambert. He always seemed too quick to deflect the point and instead rush into praising the team as whole. Hence, I formed the impression and subsequently the opinion that Lambert was less than unstinting in his praise for Holt and to that extent uncomfortable with the fact that Holt was the man that his predecessor brought in i.e. Praise for Holt inevitably meant recognition to the man who had the balls and the vision to spend the bulk of his transfer budget on Holt, a player who is now valued at £4M[/quote]Ah right, so I question your opinion as to how you know something and I''m somehow in the wrong?Would have Lambert tolerated Holt for 3 full seasons had he had an issue with him? I''m not so sure.If you want to question my opinion, I promise not to get the arse, like you just did[Y]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Here we go again! Why would Lambo have that attitude towards Holt? He wanted to sign him at Colchester but Norwich outbid Colchester.

Some of the stuff on this board in the last few days has simply been disgusting. Made up allegations against Lambert and Holt with absolutely no proof all.

Before anyone gives the excuse that this is peculiar to the Norfolk psyche, be assured it would be no different at other clubs unfortunately .

Lets just wait until the events fully unfold.[/quote]

Thats exactly right, its like everyones trying to have a little dig at Lambert/Holt when there''s any shade of an opportunity

[quote user="Wing Wang Otter"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]Here we go again! Why would Lambo have that attitude towards Holt? He wanted to sign him at Colchester but Norwich outbid Colchester. Some of the stuff on this board in the last few days has simply been disgusting. Made up allegations against Lambert and Holt with absolutely no proof all. To top all this I see there are moans about McNally creeping in. Unbelievable. Before anyone gives the excuse that this is peculiar to the Norfolk psyche, be assured it would be no different at other clubs unfortunately . Lets just wait until the events fully unfold.[/quote] Thats exactly right, its like everyones trying to have a little dig at Lambert/Holt when there''s any shade of an opportunity[/quote]  Thats right wing wang we should support lambert at villa and really get behing holt as he kicks us in the teeth again. Why the devil not

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jack Slicer"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jack Slicer"][quote user="homeagain"]Seem to remember there being lots of interest in the vacancy @ NCFC just before they gave Gunn the job.[/quote] And of course he was the one responsible for bringing in Grant Holt, a fact that Lambert (in Lambert we trust) was always uncomfortable with.[/quote]

You know this how?
[/quote]. [quote user="morty"][quote user="Jack Slicer"][quote user="homeagain"]Seem to remember there being lots of interest in the vacancy @ NCFC just before they gave Gunn the job.[/quote] And of course he was the one responsible for bringing in Grant Holt, a fact that Lambert (in Lambert we trust) was always uncomfortable with.[/quote]

You know this how?
[/quote]. Ah, it''s confrontational Morty, boastful Beausy''s batman. Good to see you are still patrolling this MB in your usual tolerant and constructive fashion. Well, Gunn was manager at the time Holt joined the club so that''s a fact. As for my opinion that Lambert was always uncomfortable with Holt not being "his man" based upon God knows how many interviews where Lambert seemed reticent to give Holt unqualified praise after another swashbuckling performance leading the line and scoring the goals that made him the second highest English goal scorer in the Premier league. Time and time again I saw or heard the same reticence whenever the interviewer prompted praise for Holt from Lambert. He always seemed too quick to deflect the point and instead rush into praising the team as whole. Hence, I formed the impression and subsequently the opinion that Lambert was less than unstinting in his praise for Holt and to that extent uncomfortable with the fact that Holt was the man that his predecessor brought in i.e. Praise for Holt inevitably meant recognition to the man who had the balls and the vision to spend the bulk of his transfer budget on Holt, a player who is now valued at £4M[/quote]

Ah right, so I question your opinion as to how you know something and I''m somehow in the wrong?

Would have Lambert tolerated Holt for 3 full seasons had he had an issue with him? I''m not so sure.

If you want to question my opinion, I promise not to get the arse, like you just did[Y] One thing i will say is that never once did Lambert heap praise on one player it was always about the team ALWAYS

[/quote]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Here we go again! Why would Lambo have that attitude towards Holt? He wanted to sign him at Colchester but Norwich outbid Colchester.

You really should consider getting down from your high horse before you get a bloody nose.

Bury Yellow, you really should try getting down from your high horse.

Bury Yellow, you really should try getting down from your high horse.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Here we go again! Why would Lambo have that attitude towards Holt? He wanted to sign him at Colchester but Norwich outbid Colchester. Some of the stuff on this board in the last few days has simply been disgusting. Made up allegations against Lambert and Holt with absolutely no proof all. To top all this I see there are moans about McNally creeping in. Unbelievable. Before anyone gives the excuse that this is peculiar to the Norfolk psyche, be assured it would be no different at other clubs unfortunately . Lets just wait until the events fully unfold.[/quote]

Well to be fair Bury it''s never been beyond you to put "your own spin" on the input of our majority shareholders. So bearing that in mind if I was you I''d keep these stones safely in your pocket.

[quote user="Grantham Canary"][quote user="Wing Wang Otter"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]Here we go again! Why would Lambo have that attitude towards Holt? He wanted to sign him at Colchester but Norwich outbid Colchester. Some of the stuff on this board in the last few days has simply been disgusting. Made up allegations against Lambert and Holt with absolutely no proof all. To top all this I see there are moans about McNally creeping in. Unbelievable. Before anyone gives the excuse that this is peculiar to the Norfolk psyche, be assured it would be no different at other clubs unfortunately . Lets just wait until the events fully unfold.[/quote] Thats exactly right, its like everyones trying to have a little dig at Lambert/Holt when there''s any shade of an opportunity[/quote]  Thats right wing wang we should support lambert at villa and really get behing holt as he kicks us in the teeth again. Why the devil not[/quote]

idiot...thats the problem with this forum..all the hatred without the facts