Sign in to follow this  
nycanary

Holt for Agbonlahor?

There''s news of Holty going to Villa and then Agbonlahor moving on (maybe to Sunderland).  But...if we are to lose Holt, I dont think I would say no to a Grant for Gaby swap....suppose we might not be able to afford his wages but would people take that swap?Thought Agbon has been hit or miss but he did really put the squeeze on us when we played at Villa Park last season.  Very impressive player and on the fringes of the England team for a while....

Fast, but has really lost form the last 2 years.Prior to this he''d have been a decent option (although totally different to Holt), but on current wages and form I wouldn''t touch him with a bargepole.If Vaughan can stay fit I think he''s a better striker tbh.

Although very unlikley to happen, I think that a move would help the lad reignite his career.

He has pace in abondance and i think that if he were to move on he would be a goal machine.

lambert wouldnt want to let him go tho, one of Villas prized assets (they dont have many)

Sorry, did somebody say Vaughan is better than Agbonlahor if he stays fit. You must be kidding me. I would take a swap between Holt and Agbonlahor anyday of the week. Agbonlahor is just as good out wide as he is down the middle and on his day when he is on form he is unplayable. Very much a confidence player who needs managing correctly. You may see a much improved player now that Lambert is there.

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]Sorry, did somebody say Vaughan is better than Agbonlahor if he stays fit. You must be kidding me. I would take a swap between Holt and Agbonlahor anyday of the week. Agbonlahor is just as good out wide as he is down the middle and on his day when he is on form he is unplayable. Very much a confidence player who needs managing correctly. You may see a much improved player now that Lambert is there.[/quote]Yah, I''m with Yellow Green Army on this.  I would take Agbonlahor.  But I doubt Lambert will let him go...he''s likely to believe he can get the best out of him and give him more freedom.  Bent in the middle and Agbon and Albrighton/N''Zogbia on either side.  Its not half bad.Still, enough about them.  I would take Gabby all day.

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]Sorry, did somebody say Vaughan is better than Agbonlahor if he stays fit. You must be kidding me. I would take a swap between Holt and Agbonlahor anyday of the week. Agbonlahor is just as good out wide as he is down the middle and on his day when he is on form he is unplayable. Very much a confidence player who needs managing correctly. You may see a much improved player now that Lambert is there.[/quote]

Totally agree with this Yellow!! I think you will find that under Lambert you will see a different Agbonlahor!!

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]Sorry, did somebody say Vaughan is better than Agbonlahor if he stays fit. You must be kidding me. I would take a swap between Holt and Agbonlahor anyday of the week. Agbonlahor is just as good out wide as he is down the middle and on his day when he is on form he is unplayable. Very much a confidence player who needs managing correctly. You may see a much improved player now that Lambert is there.[/quote]Yah, I''m with Yellow Green Army on this.  I would take Agbonlahor.  But I doubt Lambert will let him go...he''s likely to believe he can get the best out of him and give him more freedom.  Bent in the middle and Agbon and Albrighton/N''Zogbia on either side.  Its not half bad.Still, enough about them.  I would take Gabby all day.

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]Sorry, did somebody say Vaughan is better than Agbonlahor if he stays fit. You must be kidding me.[/quote]No, I said that I thought Vaughan was a better STRIKER.Agbonlahor is one of those odd players who isn''t a winger and isn''t a striker either, but an amalgamation of the two.From an wing/pace perspective, he''s clearly better, but I genuinely think Vaughan is a better finisher and more natural central striker.Unless we''re looking to play a form of 4-3-3 or similar, then Vaughan will more likely fit our shape and tactics than Agbonlahor would.Also 55k a week - you''re having a giraffe. No wonder Villa are having finance issues paying those sort of wages for players like that.

Yes, absolutely - but as others have said, he''s exactly the type of player Lambert excels at getting the best out of - clearly talented, highly rated but never quite lived up to the hype in the past. He''ll do what he did for us with Ruddy/Surman/Naughton etc. Wouldn''t be at all surprised to see Agbonlahor up at the sharp end of the goalscoring charts this time next season and a solid part of the England setup.

Gabby is apparently on 50k per week. I dont think we''re after Holt be it a swap or straight purchase.

Its something that would never happen his wages would be way above our wage structure and I cant image him driving his pink car down carrow road

Holt situation will be resolved, by Aug all will be forgotten and forgiven.