Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Cardiff change to red

I was just discussing this with my lad actually, when he was saying how great it would be if we got some bigshot investors in.For every Man City, theres a Blackburn or a Cardiff.Not for me thanks!

Again why is this so bad?

We reverted from our original kit to Yellow!

For 100 million I would have no issue with changing kit colour.

The question here effectively seems to be. Would you sell the soul and identity of the club for £100 million? On the other hand Cardiff are reportedly losing about £35,000 a day. So without the investment from Malaysia would there actually be a club to support? I don''t think there was much choice really.

[quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]Its not just about the colour change, thats bad enough. Its indicative of money men flexing their financial muscle to say "Ha, we own you now and we''ll do what the hell we like"

Agreed Morty.

While I''d take the £100m, I''d be concerned at the lake of empathy or understanding towards the fans and the history. Could be bad news in the future.

[quote user="All in Yellow"]Agreed Morty.

While I''d take the £100m, I''d be concerned at the lake of empathy or understanding towards the fans and the history. Could be bad news in the future.[/quote]

I would love to live near the lake of empathy,sounds a magical place full of hopes and dreams.......sorry!

Yeh but this has been the way football has been moving, as for fraqnchising well that has happened too MK Dons anyone!

Selling your soul to commercial men has been the way of football for many years now and to survive and evolve that is what is required. Not that I like it not one bit.

Football should look at American way of doing things, evening the playing field, but the big boys won''t allow that!

10 million pound wage limit.

25 man squad for the year, no tranfer window.

Any player in your squad over 23 years old and not named in the 25 is a free agent allowed to sign for other teams.

15 UK born players to be named in the 25 man squad.

5 teams relegated and 5 promoted each season.

Premier League, FA Cup & League Cup winners Qualify for Champions League.

That would sort out Football and level the field, every team can go into the season with expectation, how nice would that be a league where you don''t really know if you will win or get relegated!

Just my opinions for the best way forward for the FANS!

[quote user="super canary"][quote user="All in Yellow"]Agreed Morty.

While I''d take the £100m, I''d be concerned at the lake of empathy or understanding towards the fans and the history. Could be bad news in the future.[/quote]

I would love to live near the lake of empathy,sounds a magical place full of hopes and dreams.......sorry![/quote]Beat me to it! Sounds like somewhere Beyond The Misty Mountains eh Wiz? [:D]

[quote user="All in Yellow"]Agreed Morty.

While I''d take the £100m, I''d be concerned at the lake of empathy or understanding towards the fans and the history. Could be bad news in the future.[/quote]I went away to Newcastle this season and it saddened me to see a fine stadium like St James'' park turned into a giant advert for Sports Direct.I have said this before, and lots disagree, but a lot of fans would give their right arm to have a true fan in majority control of their football club.We do things the RIGHT way, not just for the £.

[quote user="Indy"]

Yeh but this has been the way football has been moving, as for fraqnchising well that has happened too MK Dons anyone!

Selling your soul to commercial men has been the way of football for many years now and to survive and evolve that is what is required. Not that I like it not one bit.

Football should look at American way of doing things, evening the playing field, but the big boys won''t allow that!

10 million pound wage limit.

25 man squad for the year, no tranfer window.

Any player in your squad over 23 years old and not named in the 25 is a free agent allowed to sign for other teams.

15 UK born players to be named in the 25 man squad.

5 teams relegated and 5 promoted each season.

Premier League, FA Cup & League Cup winners Qualify for Champions League.

That would sort out Football and level the field, every team can go into the season with expectation, how nice would that be a league where you don''t really know if you will win or get relegated!

Just my opinions for the best way forward for the FANS!

[/quote]In my opinion Norwich City are doing it the right way.

up until the 70''s kit colour changes were quite common - its only since then that things have calmed down so define how far tradition needs to go back?

Some clubs still alter home colours

Crystal Palace last did this in 2008

Luton often switch between white and orange home colours

[quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]We changed to yellow quite early in our history though. Cardiff have been blue for decades.

Sorry Morty but who says Norwich are doing it the right way?

We have AVIVA on our big advertising board, Carrow Road, we have limited funds and we could end up relegated when the like of QPR are establishing themselves.

If doing it the right way means this is our pinacle then fine, but is 12th in the premiership what we all want as our pinacle?

I''m not saying I like the state of football but to level things you need money and lots of it, or you yo-yo from league to league, like Wolves, Birmingham, WBA, Bolton to name a few.

It hits fans right in their pockets too.Would you go to a game in a shirt that isn''t even the colour you play in anymore?Though, for the record if Norwich City changed their colours I would continue to wear green and yellow!

[quote user="Indy"]

Sorry Morty but who says Norwich are doing it the right way?

We have AVIVA on our big advertising board, Carrow Road, we have limited funds and we could end up relegated when the like of QPR are establishing themselves.

If doing it the right way means this is our pinacle then fine, but is 12th in the premiership what we all want as our pinacle?

I''m not saying I like the state of football but to level things you need money and lots of it, or you yo-yo from league to league, like Wolves, Birmingham, WBA, Bolton to name a few.

[/quote]I did.Its my opinion.

Clubs fans buy new kits every year now as it appears clubs change them that frequently now! So we are hit in the pocket as it stands.

I''m with you Morty in you opinions but in reality football is so far appart from the top clubs with investment and those with none!

I really not bothered about the clubs colours! Cardiff still have the same history and will be financially with the big boys of the Championship!

Southampton have spent millions to get up to the Premiership, money talks, club colours are just part of identy, identy can be changed, history cannot.

[quote user="morty"]It hits fans right in their pockets too.Would you go to a game in a shirt that isn''t even the colour you play in anymore?Though, for the record if Norwich City changed their colours I would continue to wear green and yellow![/quote]Any colour as long as it''s not blue!Chris Hughton''s Pink Army anyone?

[quote user="Indy"]

Clubs fans buy new kits every year now as it appears clubs change them that frequently now! So we are hit in the pocket as it stands.

I''m with you Morty in you opinions but in reality football is so far appart from the top clubs with investment and those with none!

I really not bothered about the clubs colours! Cardiff still have the same history and will be financially with the big boys of the Championship!

Southampton have spent millions to get up to the Premiership, money talks, club colours are just part of identy, identy can be changed, history cannot.

[/quote]I am immensely proud of my club.I think the way we do business, the way we conduct our dealings, the type of football we play is the envy of a lot of people.The last three years have been nigh on, a miracle, we truly are a model now of the right way to run a football club.We don''t have idiot players, falling ticket sales, grubby scandals or wash our dirty laundry in public.And now we enter a new era with a manager that I think is the right man at the right time, for the job. Backed by a board that is committed to the health and well being of Norwich city.

Exactly what Morty said. I think we can be rightly proud of this club. I am glad it is being run properly and sustainable because ultimately the local community loses out if it isnt. I am looking at you Ipswich (fleecing St John''s Ambulance) and teams like Portsmouth who have left the local grammar school about £60,000 out of pocket.

Would Brazil change their colours?   Would Australia change their colours?   Is Norwich our Brazil, our Australia?   Clubs evolve. We evolved into a club that wears green and yellow.    Its established, popular and instantly recogniseable.   You can keep your £100 million if it means you want to change clubs beyond what is reasonable.

If cardiff want to change their colour it means they are evolving.   Blue obviously didn''t mean that much to them.  Fair enough.   But Norwich is green and yellow.   It''s iconoic and ours.   Change it?    Not on your nelly.

Well blue obviously meant a lot of their fans. People who are trivialising this are out of touch with fans and reality. It''s not just about a change of kit colour. It''s about a change of identity. The clubs nickname was The Bluebirds. With a bluebird on the badge. Now the badge sports a red dragon and I assume that will become their nickname.

Now loyalty has always been a oneway street from the fans to their club whoever you support. But there''s a line and Cardiff have crossed it. There must be thousands of fans who have made lifelong commitments to the club. Just one example will be the thousands who have the bluebird badge tattooed on their body. Just imagine if that was done to you.

The club have sh1t on their fans and I reckon they will pay. A poor season next season will see fans turn their backs in their thousands. Even maybe to the point that they rebuild another club maybe called "the real Cardiff". It will end in tears.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well blue obviously meant a lot of their fans. People who are trivialising this are out of touch with fans and reality. It''s not just about a change of kit colour. It''s about a change of identity. The clubs nickname was The Bluebirds. With a bluebird on the badge. Now the badge sports a red dragon and I assume that will become their nickname.

Now loyalty has always been a oneway street from the fans to their club whoever you support. But there''s a line and Cardiff have crossed it. There must be thousands of fans who have made lifelong commitments to the club. Just one example will be the thousands who have the bluebird badge tattooed on their body. Just imagine if that was done to you.

The club have sh1t on their fans and I reckon they will pay. A poor season next season will see fans turn their backs in their thousands. Even maybe to the point that they rebuild another club maybe called "the real Cardiff". It will end in tears.

Absolutely spot on Nutty. The Bluebirds and the blue shirt are part of the same thing. The history and heritage of a club, together with it`s colours are part of it`s soul and only a fool will mess with that. What amazes  me is they have an example of the very same thing and how it can go wrong on their own doorstep. In South Wales regional rugby has proved to be a disaster, the regions have lost their identity and crowds are poor, being a fan is in your heart and if people start to loose the things that identify them with their team then the bond begins to weaken. 

[/quote]

A Club might changes it''s colours, it''s nickname or the name of the ground. It doesn''t mean the fans have to buy the replica strip, use the new nickname or refer to the new name of the ground does it. It would be interesting to see who would bow to pressure first at Cardiff, if the fans failed to follow the wishes of the investors.

I can actually see no value in christening the stadium anyway. Would you ever buy a product just beause your clubs stadium is named after it?. I could concede the point if Guinness were to sponsor Norwich, but it will always be Carrow Road and the Canaries for me.

How old is your lad Morty?

Sounds as if you may have some educating to do there re football clubs and "h''investment" !!

[quote user="a1canary"]How old is your lad Morty?

Sounds as if you may have some educating to do there re football clubs and "h''investment" !![/quote]14 lol.Oh he''s very switched on, and we can both seen each others point of view.But he''s been to a lot of away games this season, and lets face it, who wouldn''t come away from Man City''s Etihad stadium and think "Yeah I wouldn''t mind something like this for Norwich"