Sign in to follow this  
super dave

jay rodriquez and roger johnson

Linked with both in the people today. I would love to see Rodriquez in the yellow and green. Not sure about Johnson though. Is he another wayward character that Lambert could reinvent?

I''ve been going on and on about Jay Rodriguez for ages! I''d love to see him here too!

RJ wouldn''t suit this place. Turn up to training unfit to train, Wife moaning at manager about team selection on twitter.... Not what we want thanks!

P.s. there must be a reason why he is aiming for back to back relegations?!

[quote user="super dave"] Is he another wayward character that Lambert could reinvent?[/quote]

Rodriguez''s name has been bandied about for at least a season now. Not quite on top form the last 9 months but someone I think fits the Lambert mould a lot more than Johnson.

Out of interest, SD, who in our team was a wayward character before coming to Norwich?

roriguez, yes please. However, i don''t want to see Johnson within 100miles of norfolk, what an overy hyped useless player who is loudmouthed with an even louder mouthed wife- he can enjoy life playing in the championship, winging that he''s not captain, while the wife can suffer with her pocket money being cut in half!

Wrong wording from me to be honest. I was meaning more along the lines of a Whitbread/ward player. Someone who wasn''t playing to the best of their ability before Lambert got his hands on them and waved his magic wand at them.

Roger Johnson is a decent defender but he was at his best playing alongside Scott Dann at Birmingham. When Dann was out injured it was obvious that he was the better and more important of the two, Johnson struggled without him and has never been great since. It''s also pretty obvious that Johnson has got too much to say for himself, I think that''s been known since before he was at Wolves.

He''s certainly no better than Ward, Whitbread or Bennett.

Rodriguez is a very good player though.

Interesting pairing, SD . Personally, I''ve never seen what all the fuss is re Roger Johnson . It maybe an oversimplification, but it seems to me that he had an OK pairing with Dann at St Andrews, and performed well in two high profile Wembley finals, but has dined out on it ever since. As GJP says, would not bring anything to the party that Ward or Whitbread already have (except an attitude and stroppy wife).

Not seen enough of Rodriguez to pass judgement, but he''s highly rated at Burnley, and I know lots on this board have been singing his praises for ages.

This will be Johnson''s second consecutive relegation, whilst of course this isn''t solely down to him do we want people associated with failure here?

That said I''d bite your arm off if offered a fit Jamie O''Hara !

[quote user="GJP"]

Roger Johnson is a decent defender but he was at his best playing alongside Scott Dann at Birmingham. When Dann was out injured it was obvious that he was the better and more important of the two, Johnson struggled without him and has never been great since. It''s also pretty obvious that Johnson has got too much to say for himself, I think that''s been known since before he was at Wolves.

[/quote]

Dann made mistakes for all of Blackburn''s goals yesterday according to the BBC match report. In addition a Blackburn supporter slated him on Talksport yesterday as one of the worst players in the squad. That doesn''t say much for Johnson based on your remarks !!

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Dann made mistakes for all of Blackburn''s goals yesterday according to the BBC match report. In addition a Blackburn supporter slated him on Talksport yesterday as one of the worst players in the squad. That doesn''t say much for Johnson based on your remarks !!

[/quote]

Ha. No. I don''t think Dann has been particularly good for Blackburn to be honest. Not sure if he''s really got back to where he was before his injury.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

This will be Johnson''s second consecutive relegation, whilst of course this isn''t solely down to him do we want people associated with failure here?

[/quote]

I''ve long believed that signing a player who''s just been relegated from your division is a very good move - but only if your aim is to build a team for relegation.  As Wolves are finding out with Johnson.  Sure, it''s not about one individual and occasionally a real gem (normally a young one at the start of his career) finds himself mixed up in a relegation team.  But look how poorly our own relegated players such as Damian Francis and Sammy Clingan fared after staying up in the league we''d left - neither did anything much to push their new clubs forward.

No, wouldn''t want O''Hara - he''s one of these guys who''ll always seem to be called a "young player with masses of potential", but never actually realises it consistently.  Don''t see he''d bring much we haven''t already got.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote] that''s got to hurt!