Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

The Emirates Stadium

Like most City fans I''d been looking forward to my first trip to the Emirates yesterday and I wasn''t disappointed .....especially with the result of course.Arsenal spent a load of money on their new stadium and it shows. The whole thing is quality. They''ve even got loos outside the ground. The seats are wide and padded - not that we used them - and the legroom is huge ( which is handy when you''ve had a few pints before the match ). Fairly easy to get something at halftime but prices were a bit steep Only minor complaint watching the game is that the away fans in the corner get the Lower Tier. Being near the front the view was deceptive and the rain blew in a bit. That said we had the perfect view of Morison''s equaliser so it wasn''t all bad.A friend of mine was in the corporate seats and said that his box for 15 costs £270,000 for a three season lease That''s over £300 a game and they''re not the most expensive available. With that sort of money coming in it''s no wonder that clubs like Chelsea and particularly Liverpool - who have hardly any corporate facilities - want to move to bigger and better grounds. I was surprised that our tickets were only £35 particularly as it''s a London ground. Shows what a rip-off Man Utd was at £52 !!Most of the huge variety of food stalls along the way into the ground looked pretty decent and I''m certainly looking forward to next year''s trip to N5.Not expecting another six goals though.........

It certainly knocked spots off all the other new grounds springing up around the country.The only issue was the rain which caused you to get wet even in Row 12. I suppose you did not feel the wet after your pre match alcohol intake Graham even though you were directly in front of me in Row 10. [;)]

The whole place just oozes class. Walking over the bridge to the ground and they have the flags of their past legends, Bergkamp, Henry etc...it certainly paints a picture of just what you''re up against walking into the ground!

[quote user="Excited Canary"]The whole place just oozes class. Walking over the bridge to the ground and they have the flags of their past legends, Bergkamp, Henry etc...it certainly paints a picture of just what you''re up against walking into the ground!
[/quote]

Rather than stripping the 59''ers lounge of its historical identity just maybe Mr.McNally could take on board what we all saw at The Emirates.

Fantastic ground. Can''t praise it highly enough. I don''t know if it was intentional but those seats were also fantastic for leaning against while you were standing up watching the game!

Great stadium with very nice seats and aesthetically its very good looking aswell with a great design too it, many new grounds are built on the cheap and look a bit tatty and soulless (Reading and Coventrys grounds come to mind).The away ends being put in the corner allows for a great deal of noise and it was probably the best atmoshpere ive seen at an away game this season. My only complaint is that it was all a bit of a corporate affair with lots of the prawn sandwich brigade evidently, although im sure arsenal probably rake in the money from all those corporate seats and boxes. Home fans were pretty quite aswell but heard a few people say its like a library so sort of expected it really

Til, sorry to say, you were but 7 rows away from blissful dryness. Row 19 saw ne''er a drop!

Agree, lovely stadium, think I might even prefer it to the modern Wemberley (maybe I''ve just been spoilt by familiarity with the latter).

Have to agree with all that''s been said.  Got a bit damp in Row2 down by the corner flag but didn''t notice it in the second half. Got a very good view of the Aresnal k**b being hauled out after being very visibly wound up all game [:D] Very good seats for leaning against whilst standing. Stewards seemed very laid back and helpful.  All in all a cracking day out!

I didn''t go the game on Saturday,but living in Letchworth,Herts and Kings X being a half hour train trip for me i have been past the ground countless times and it certainly looks an impressive and huge ground.I think Arsenal did very ell to find land so close to their old stadium that could be built and turned into this fantastic stadium we see today.

Also it must be good for the Arsenal fans who wouldn''t of had to change their pre-match travel routine/pint etc if the ground had been built further away from Highbury.

Having been on Sat its now up there with West Brom as one of my fave away trips. Mainly because its easy to get to (train to Stratford and overground to Highbury & Islington) and then loads of good pubs in Islington. We went to the Duchess of Kent who had a good range of real ales and great BBQ burgers.

Just hope I get a ticket next season!