Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Norwich +45 points to win the league.

Anyone else take this bet at the start of the season ??

I think the odds ranged from 12''s to 20''s - I got 18''s with Billy Hill.

After last nights result we now need a victory over Villa or the manchester clubs to drop 2 points for this to happen. Its very close and I imagine there are a lot of Norfolk bookies sweating on it.

I''m not a big betting man so unfortunately I had only what was left in my account at the time which was £8.53!!

But its over £160 if it comes, so worth getting exited about.

I had a bet at this each way (top 4 finish) which I''m still slightly sweating over as we will need to beat Villa on the last day (unless we get something at Arsenal) but Newcastle are already about 8 points clear in first place...............

I had  a 50 quid bet on that at 20/1 E/W.  I''ve assumed that Newcastle will win it but don''t know their handicap. Anybody know what it was ?

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Sorry to say but both Newcastle and Swansea are above us in the handicap table.
[/quote]

I bet with William Hill and I''m pretty sure the nearest handicap to us was 40 for QPR, so I don''t see how Swansea can be beating us as they are only one point ahead in the Prem.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Sorry to say but both Newcastle and Swansea are above us in the handicap table.[/quote]

I bet with William Hill and I''m pretty sure the nearest handicap to us was 40 for QPR, so I don''t see how Swansea can be beating us as they are only one point ahead in the Prem.

[/quote]Hmm well I used a different bookmaker where Swansea were +46 and I thought the odds were the same, but regardless Newcastle with either +34 or +37 have 96 or 99 points, with +45 we have 88 points.

In theory Swansea should have the same, if not better handicap. They were the play-off winners, we were 2nd place. They don''t exactly have a huge budget either, unlike QPR who were obviously going to/were spending money.

I had a fiver on plus 45 with Willhill. It''s an exciting sort of bet however it rarely pays out on the odds taken. By its very nature a handicap means that a lot of the teams points will end up with very similiar points. Therefore the bookies usually pay out half or a third of the odds as there is often a dead heat. A classic bookie bet that looks great but if you win........not so.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]In theory Swansea should have the same, if not better handicap. They were the play-off winners, we were 2nd place. They don''t exactly have a huge budget either, unlike QPR who were obviously going to/were spending money.[/quote]

We were favourites of all to be relegated.

Thanks to our heroics on saturday we just need to get at least a point against villa for this bet to come in - no matter what the leaders do!!

[quote user="NWC"]Thanks to our heroics on saturday we just need to get at least a point against villa for this bet to come in - no matter what the leaders do!!
[/quote]

Really?  What about newcastle

This type of bet is a bookies benefit bet as has already been highlighted

[quote user="CDMullins"]Anyone betting at William Hill - This as been won by Newcastle United
[/quote]

Where can you check this ? I have had no notification yet.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="CDMullins"]Anyone betting at William Hill - This as been won by Newcastle United[/quote]

[/quote]Would notification would you get?If youve done the bet online your funds will be in after the season as finished.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="CDMullins"]Anyone betting at William Hill - This as been won by Newcastle United
[/quote]

[/quote]

Would notification would you get?

If youve done the bet online your funds will be in after the season as finished.

[/quote]

Indeed, which is why I was asking how he knows Newcastle have won it apart from if he knows all of the handicaps. There is no history of the original handicaps on WH as I checked weeks ago.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="CDMullins"]Anyone betting at William Hill - This as been won by Newcastle United[/quote]

[/quote]Would notification would you get?If youve done the bet online your funds will be in after the season as finished.[/quote]

Indeed, which is why I was asking how he knows Newcastle have won it apart from if he knows all of the handicaps. There is no history of the original handicaps on WH as I checked weeks ago.

[/quote]I know Newcastle have won it becuase I have settled a bet with them in!I couldnt tell you the other handicap points, but Newcastle have won it!

Well, I was pretty sure they had, but I must be on for winning my place bet on Norwich.  

[quote user="London Canary"]What is this bet all about?[/quote]

Every team is given + points - apart from Man U, who started on scratch.The points that are given are added to the points the team really get.A table is formed, if you have chosen the winning time you have won.Newcastle have won it this season, they wernt fancied, so got quite a few points start and have done very well.Odds are around 16/1

This was the result on William Hills who paid a fifth of the odds for a place.

Newcastle (+37) (5/2)  
Man City (+6) (11/8) (Place 2)
Norwich (+45) (6/1) (Place 3)
Swansea (+44) (12/1) (Place 4)