Sign in to follow this  
Oz Canary

Mathematically Safe from Relegation

Howdy All.

Have I got this wrong or is 1 point all we need to be mathematically safe from relegation.

We are 15 points away from both QPR, Blackburn and Wigan (who are on 28 points) and there are 5 games to go meaning fifteen points up for grabs. We are now on 43 after this great result in London. 

Almost, the bottom 3 have only played 32 games, unlike Norwich, who hav played 33. Still, the inevitable win against Man C should see us safe ;-)

yes 1 pt for sure but a wigan or qpr loss on wed and that should do it the only way we could drop is if both teams score a huge amount of goals in there remaining games and us have plenty of goals scored against us so realisticly safe with poss both wigan and qpr losing on wed

But how many points did Blackpool have at this stage last season? We''ve got somer tough games coming up you know. Our run in is no doddle....

If two teams from QPR, Bolton, Blackburn or Wigan draw or lose two of their next games, or when Norwich don''t lose a game, we''re mathematically safe.

Wigan play Blackburn, so one of those along with Wolves mathematically can''t catch us, or better still a draw and neither will catch us.

And the clock ticks on as we await the inevitable "Defeat against Man City = relegation!" thread from Wiz.....[;)]

As soon as QPR or Wigan lose a game, we''re safe basically. Worse case scenario then would be we lose EVERY SINGLE game, and Wigan and QPR win EVERY SINGLE game, which will never happen.

Blackpool went down with 39 points, as since we''re now on 43 points with 5 games to go, no matter who its against, BRING ON THE CHAMPERS I say!

With Blackburn losing to Liverpool leaving them on 28 points from 33 games that''s it isn''t it, we are mathematically safe.

It is early here in Sydney and I am only on my first sip of my coffee but I think this is right.

But the burning question for me is... Can we still finish 17th? The aim of so many for so long but is it still possible?

Anything is likely Nutty but I myself feel that 16th and above is where we need to be.

I think we are better than 17th.

[quote user="Oz Canary"]

With Blackburn losing to Liverpool leaving them on 28 points from 33 games that''s it isn''t it, we are mathematically safe.

It is early here in Sydney and I am only on my first sip of my coffee but I think this is right.

[/quote]No, two of the clubs on 28 points can still get 43 points but as Blackburn have to play Wigan, those two can''t both do it.

Wins against Blackburn and Villa with a draw against Liverpool will see us sitting nicely in 12th spot.

What you reckon Nutty you old wind up merchant. :-)

No, we are not mathematically safe!!!

Wigan and QPR can both get a maximum of 46 points and Bolton 47 points.

We will however, not now finish lower than 15th and should Villa keep messing up (they play away at Man U next), that will soon be 14th.

In all honesty, mathematically safe is of no worry, we are safe and by a country mile!

I''m looking at a top 10 finish, with 50 points, is it achievable to hit 50 points?, we need to beat Blackburn and Villa and draw one of the big 3 games!

At least I would love to finish above Swansea to win the promoted side league and 12th for the money it brings on 47 points.

We will see but at least we can enjoy the last 5 games, enjoy playing Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool with no pressure, I think the result against Spurs has a lot to do with no pressure, freedom to play our football knowing we are safe!

shame we still talk about relegation after this great game away at hart lane pfuu.Seems we will end on high note and all new players who come to play this days seems hungry for more.Only Arsenal great home from and style make me to say we not have chanse there but all other games is big poossible to win.Pity we never play great at noon against big teams so a bit worie this not be motivation problem against far from impressive Man City this days.

1. We will not go down

2. If  Man U beat Wigan tonight both Wigan ancd or Blackburn can only reach a total of 43 points if they win each game

3. Only one of them can do this as they have to play eachother

4. Our GD is so much better it is worth an extra point

5. Teams will not win all their games

6, We will win again this season

To summarise stop worrying we will NOT go down, enjoy the rest of the season and look forward to next. Wigan lose tonight I would consider us mathematically safe due to our goal difference and the fact that any other scenario is just not possible

OTBC