Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Hoolahan.....Not good enough?

Have a feeling this won''t be popular but here goes....

There is a growing feeling amoung a group of Jarrold ST holders that Hoolahan is not really cut out for this League, although he has tricks and does work really hard for someone in his "free" position he does not score anyway near enough goals, this was further spoke of today after he had a sight of goal and managed to hit it way over. He should at least be making the keeper work?

Ahh the Jarrold ST holders, the well known gods of footballing knowledge.

Well i''m a Jarrold ST holder, and I think thats bull.

Hoolahan is good enough, or he wouldn''t be playing. He isn''t all about goals, or even all about assists (which in themselves aren''t all that accurate to be honest, someone could do all the hard work, and not get an assist because it hits a defender, or they pass it to someone else who passes it to the goal scorer).

Hoolahan is a vital part of the squad, and a vital part of two of the formations Lambert uses. His passing game, his intelligence, his creativity (albeit not directly creating as many goals this year) are all fantastic. I really don''t understand why people can think Hoolahan isn''t good enough, if he isn''t, then there can''t be many players in our team who are....

And of course Lambert can get things wrong, but he isn''t getting things wrong, we are 8th in the Premiership after two consecutive promotions, we actually won two FA Cup games for the first time (bar League One, 1st & 2nd round, actually did we even win the 2nd round?) in a few years.

He obviously rates Hoolahan highly, and obviously doesn''t use him quite as much as he did in the past two years, but he''s still a key part of this team.

Hoolahan, the chap that beat 2 leicester players and had a free shot and placed it wide! I get what your saying OP.

Hoolahan is a player who should play in games we can afford a ''free'' player. But from what I have ready Howson is similar to hooly and is likely to replace him. Also benno and Pilks can also play in his position too.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]we actually won two FA Cup games for the first time [/quote]

It Could & SHOULD have been at least 3 but Lambert MESSED up - BIG TIME!

[quote user="Ncfc123"]

I thought "Jarrold ST holders" knew more about about their gold plated prawn sandwiches than the positon of our players.

[/quote]

Really its just so they can claim ''I sit near Hux, im the best city fan around''

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]we actually won two FA Cup games for the first time [/quote]

It Could & SHOULD have been at least 3 but Lambert MESSED up - BIG TIME!

[/quote]

HOW IS LAMBERT RESPONSIBLE FOR MORISON BEING CRAP? For Pilkington barely touching the ball, for Hoolahan not being able to hit a shot on target, for Kasper making a couple of top saves, for a ball being cleared off the line, for a strong penalty shout not being given, for Vaughan not being just half a yard closer to a re-bound?

You are pathetic, you don''t deserve to support this club. I''m ashamed to be a Norwich fan if there are others who actually think like that, its pathetic. Ok it wasn''t the best game, but Lambert didn''t mess up, the whole team did, the fans did (they were poor, were you singing all game? The fans weren''t signing much at 0-0, only for a bit at 1-1, and never at 2-1, it was a shambles) but oh no its all Paul Lambert''s fault, he threw the FA Cup game so we could lose to Man.U, get a grip, and while your at it, some knowledge of football would be nice. I don''t claim to know everything, but your just so wrong.

Wes is good enough......he''s just not consistent enough......and sometimes frustratingly overcomplicates, when a simple pass would suffice.....

He doesn''t start and somehow he''s still the player thats picked out, I mean WTF? If its a game of two halves - First half we lost 1-0, second half we drew 1-1. I wish I could understand how Hoolahan''s gets named and shamed in this thread?

I mean I understand the two halves bare no relation, but if there were players there for 90mins who were so fantastic, why did we concede 2 goals? Why didn''t we score more than 1?

I suppose the fact we conceded 2 goals was Hoolahan''s fault too? Not the defenders, they gave it their all, maybe we were assuming we would win 3-2?

Hoolahan not good enough........you my friend are a tw@t.All the norwich players are good enough otherwise we wouldn''t be 8th in the league.We done enough for a draw today and were very unlucky,we played just as well with hoolahan on the pitch  as we did when he wasn''t.How many newly promoted teams have beaten man utd in recent years.I was gutted we lost but we can hold our heads high and look forward to next season in the premiership with 2 more wins under our belt

hoolahan''s creativity and slipperiness is essential to our lineup. he keeps the opposing team honest. pilkington is much more direct and the contrast between the two is healthy.

Rubbish thread, narrow minded views, Hoolahan is a real asset to this club and when he came on against utd his passing reall opened utd up, he has great vision and a good pass on him. Alot of the formations centre around Hoolahan playing a massive part, when you slur a player for not being good enough you are slurring the managers decisions.

In Lambert we trust, he has got us this far and to only lose two one to Utd who are a world class team is superb. He picks the team for the game and who is playing well at the time.

Everytime Hoolahan gets slated it winds me up, he is a talent and I am glad we have him and we are not playing against him.

So be it if Howson takes his position but having Hoolahan pressing him for a place will surely keep him on his toes.

People seem to harbour doubts about Hoolahan over a long period of time.   I suspect that the same people that pick on Hoolahan now are the same ones that picked on him during 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.     After all if they thought he wasn''t up to it in 2008 when we were in the championship, they wouldn''t think he was up to it in the premiership now, would they.       They are entrenched in their views and being 8th in the prem obviously isn''t enough for them.   People would rather hang on to their opinions than admit that PL might know better.....................

Hoolahan could have walked away from this club before PL arrived. We are lucky he stayed -  he is a key member of the team as he has been for the last four years and has had an important influence in our success.    Lay off him folks, support your players!