Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Tutt Tutt Kyle Naughton

Policeman pulled me over suspecting me of drink driving the other day, came up to the window and said "Can you step out of the car please sir?" To which i replied "No, i''m too drunk, you get in". [:d]

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Five times? He was a danger to himself and others at that rate. Fifty three mph in a thirty zone?? Costly habit as well. He''s best off the road until his driving habits mature a bit. As somebody said, young man fast car.

Funny as he comes over as a pretty mature individual otherwise and on the pitch especially.

Not preaching, but  I keep to the limits strictly except on motorways, especially with all these cameras around. On motorways I tend to creep towards eighty as this seems to be accepted (unofficially) nowadays. 

[/quote]Do you realise Broadstairs that the max legal speed on the motorway/dual carrageway is actually 77mph, you are allowed to go 10% over any speed limit. Curious to see what they will do about that when the speed gets raised to 80 (or 88mph)Bit surprised he has managed to gain so many points at such a young age, espicially as there are not many speed cameras in Norfolk.

[quote user="priceyrice"]Do you realise Broadstairs that the max legal speed on the motorway/dual carrageway is actually 77mph, you are allowed to go 10% over any speed limit. Curious to see what they will do about that when the speed gets raised to 80 (or 88mph)[/quote]I wouldn''t go by that if I were you- the 10% is to allow for the fact

that speedos in cars aren''t all that accurate and don''t get re

calibrated after the factory- if you drive to your speedo reading 77mph

you could be well over 80 and have no leg to stand on!

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Five times? He was a danger to himself and others at that rate. Fifty three mph in a thirty zone?? Costly habit as well. He''s best off the road until his driving habits mature a bit. As somebody said, young man fast car.

Funny as he comes over as a pretty mature individual otherwise and on the pitch especially.

Not preaching, but  I keep to the limits strictly except on motorways, especially with all these cameras around. On motorways I tend to creep towards eighty as this seems to be accepted (unofficially) nowadays. 

[/quote]Do you realise Broadstairs that the max legal speed on the motorway/dual carrageway is actually 77mph, you are allowed to go 10% over any speed limit. Curious to see what they will do about that when the speed gets raised to 80 (or 88mph)Bit surprised he has managed to gain so many points at such a young age, espicially as there are not many speed cameras in Norfolk.

[/quote]Is it?Or is that the tolerance (+1,2,or 3 mph) advocated before a prosecution should be brought by ACPO who are a private ltd company and have no legal status other than through their extraordinarily strong lobby via the countries senior serving police officers?

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="priceyrice"]Do you realise Broadstairs that the max legal speed on the motorway/dual carrageway is actually 77mph, you are allowed to go 10% over any speed limit. Curious to see what they will do about that when the speed gets raised to 80 (or 88mph)[/quote]I wouldn''t go by that if I were you- the 10% is to allow for the fact

you could be well over 80 and have no leg to stand on![/quote]Yeah it is for that reason. i know, risky to follow that rule, found a 10mph difference between how fast my last car said i was going and my sat nav once i reached 70mph

What will happen when cars can do 88 miles per hour?

1955 won''t be the same again, that''s what.

I know speeding etc is not funny as it can obviosuly cause major damage etc etc, but I did have a small chuckle to myself when I 1st read this as he is almost blaming the car for it! I just assumed that he had a modern day angry Herbie that wouldn''t conform!!

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="priceyrice"]Do you realise Broadstairs that the max legal speed on the motorway/dual carrageway is actually 77mph, you are allowed to go 10% over any speed limit. Curious to see what they will do about that when the speed gets raised to 80 (or 88mph)[/quote]I wouldn''t go by that if I were you- the 10% is to allow for the fact

you could be well over 80 and have no leg to stand on![/quote]Yep, Speedos generally read about 6-8% over what they should do (For safety purposes). Therefore on a dual carriageway you need to be doing about 83 on the clock to get a ticket, 77 in reality.On the topic, Naughton is more than a bit stupid on this one. Tickets happen, to get two is careless, to get 12 points in such a short space of time suggests he is either arrogant or stupid. Ill blame the innocence of youth and go for the latter.

[quote user="Shankslad"]It''s got to be Paul Lamberts fault - for saying they need all the points they can get!!![/quote]Spot on! Lambert must have also said something like "don''t take your foot off the pedal, son!". Gaffers say things like that.