Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

swansea this, swansea that i'm sick of hearing about them...

[quote user="JF"]They like us have been superb, We have both been the story of the season and long may it continue. On another note it''s also worth noting that because of how well they have done and the praise they are getting it will probably put Rodgers ahead of Lambert for the next big job that comes along, So good news all round.[/quote]

JF - agree with your points.

As an aside, I can''t see PL wanting to take "the next big job" for some time. Having got Norwich into the premier league, I suspect that he will want a bit more than "consolidated" on his cv. I suspect his "achievement plans" might include some silverware and maybe a european journey. Whilst some might scoff at the idea that he wouldn''t jump at the 1st big job that comes around - remember, he has not had the experience of managing in european competitions, and the next "big job" would almost certainly have Champions League credentials, and PL strikes me as being the sort of person who would want to be ready for that sort of journey.

I don’t mind MOD

admiring the Swans play but, “their possession and little

triangles” is getting a little tedious. I thought a lot of our play

is like that but we are even better on the break. I’m sure we will

both stay up and we have both set examples in good management and

team spirit. Swansea are remarkable at home so far and I would not be

surprised if they finish just above us. 8th with us 9th.

Saturday will be very interesting. Especially Shearer and Lawrenson''s

comments if we win!

Lovely little triangles

!!

Can''t think that any supposed media attention will make a manager more or less suitable for a job.Would suggest that ABC is pretty much spot on with his assessment of Paul Lambert.  I would add that at the moment having a ''free hand'' without enormous expectation allows him the time and chance to develop players over a longer period. The new acadamy is in the pipeline and this will be another opportunity to develop within the club.I don''t doubt that he will want to move on at some point, but the idea that the first mad megalomaniac with a wad of cash and a demand that Lambert delivers the Champions League trophy within two years is going to get him to leave Carrow Road is ridiculous. Just as much would be the idea that he would want to become a Martin O''Neill, Mark Hughes, Sven Gorma Erikson type revolving door manager. When he goes it will be to a position of stability like Ferguson at Man Utd.

Not sure how you move into a management "position of stability", stabilty is something you create by your own success, I do however imagine that he would want European football and a club which is  likely to back him in that ambition will attract him. That could of course be us!

One of the reasons there is more coverage on Swansea than Norwich is that Swansea are much more open with the media. Lambert has refused pretty much every request from the media for an interview, and the players are also very hard to get hold of - if you look at the story about Grant Holt the Guardian did recently it is basically just listing his previous clubs with Holt saying "it was a good time there", "I liked that club" etc, etc.

If Norwich want more media exposure they will have to open up a bit - but in my eyes it is quite clear they don''t want the coverage and all the pitfalls it brings with it.

Still dont get it to be honest. Swansea made for a very entertaining game, and having watched the pathetic sides on show at Old Trafford, this reminded me why I love football. I wish them all the best (As long as they stay behind us, of course)