Sign in to follow this  
Bryangunnshairline

westbrom 3 points in the league or beat them in the cup?

First of all; Happy New Year Everyone! What a terrific run of results since Newcastle! Here''s to surviving and thriving!

It''s an interesting situation this cup game for both Norwich and West Brom because if either lost the league game the cup match and a potential cup-run affecting league fixtures would be undesirable so it could be a case of lose one - lose both. This might even apply to West Brom if we hold them to a league draw.

I see WBA as one of the games we need points from to survive- I think there are 20 points left for us this season and we will need them all to be sure.If we can get 1 point next weekend and win in the cup thats cool but defeat next week will leave us needing to pick up a much harder away point somewhere imo.

I think its a sad indictment of the modern game that so many people would choose three points over a bit of cup glory.

Winning something is the peak of playing, managing, or supporting, and we have shown we can beat the top teams on our day. It is not beyond this side to do something that we could talk about to the grandchildren in years to come, and surely we should all want that.

"Oh yeah, I saw City take three points off West Brom in a mid-table game in January 2012."

"Thats nice Grandad. Do you like my Kai Rooney Man U shirt?"

Yeah, three points are so much more important!!

Birmingham didn''t go down last year because they won a cup. it was because they weren''t very good.

And here''s a shocking stat for you...Man City, Stoke, Arsenal and Man Utd all reached Cup Finals last year...and all of them stayed up :-)

There you go with OR again, OP...

Beat them in the league, and get the psychological edge over them for the cup match. Which we then win.

Younger supporters just aren''t that used to us winning I guess. It is allowed you know :)

[quote user="blahblahblah"]There you go with OR again, OP... Beat them in the league, and get the psychological edge over them for the cup match. Which we then win. Younger supporters just aren''t that used to us winning I guess. It is allowed you know :)[/quote]

Wouldn''t that be just great, and shut Hodgson up for once, Like I said I would love Both but would be more than Happy to settle for the 3 points on Saturday.