Sign in to follow this  
Bill

5th round here we come

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]No Wiz, thats what relegation is worth.... The famous £40 million figure, is one years TV money and the parachute payments. AND WERE NOT IN A RELEGATION FIGHT. We are 9th, 11 points in front of the relegation places, has anyone actually looked at the table recently? It would take some major disaster just for those teams to catch up.[/quote]

And if we lose just two key players through a poxy, devalued cup run, then what?

Lets say, God forbid, Holt an Morison.

[/quote]

How long did we lose Ayala for while we were trying to lose to MK Dons[:^)]

There''s two sides to every coin Wiz!

[/quote]

Wiz is on a wind up mission folks.

[/quote]

You reckon Pete?  read this while I laugh .

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_boss_lambert_pledges_changes_for_fa_cup_trip_to_west_brom_1_1189722

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]No Wiz, thats what relegation is worth.... The famous £40 million figure, is one years TV money and the parachute payments. AND WERE NOT IN A RELEGATION FIGHT. We are 9th, 11 points in front of the relegation places, has anyone actually looked at the table recently? It would take some major disaster just for those teams to catch up.[/quote]

And if we lose just two key players through a poxy, devalued cup run, then what?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_boss_lambert_pledges_changes_for_fa_cup_trip_to_west_brom_1_1189722

[/quote]

I call it a tactical move, confuse the enemy, tell them nothing, just like Hodgson is saying, they are playing mind games. 

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I call it a tactical move, confuse the enemy, tell them nothing, just like Hodgson is saying, they are playing mind games. 

[/quote]Yeah I would, last thing you want to say is, we''ll stick with the same team after we just played them a week or two before.

[quote user="K Lo"]We used to make good FA Cup runs in the late ''80s AND compete well in the top leauge, so i don''t think that they are mutually exclusive. Besides, it does seem as though Lambert is pressing for a Cup run although we did roll over in the League Cup![/quote]Agree with this.Call me greedy if you like but I want a good cup run.

I can imagine Lambert is going to have a tricky time of it over the next three months if he is to appease some who post on here.Throwing the cup game may not be so difficult, but that 17th place is going to require one helluva disciplined performance over a long period of time. Sure, you can have an off day. Relax a bit and lose to the likes of MKDons and Orient, but can that be sustained over 16 games ? Players who have fought, battled and consistently been successful are now going to have to restrain themselves and adopt a consistent losing mentality. At the moment, on current calculations, one slip up where we get a win and a couple of draws and we could easily miss out on that 17th place and end up 16th. Those who suffered the agonies of Spurs and Villa at Wembley and against Brum at the Millenium will know how cruel it is to come that close. I''m not sure if Lambert can just turn off that winning mentality. Those posters on here need not only a defeat at West Brom tomorrow but at least another 12 defeats out of our last 16 games. A too bigger ask, I think. As to the rest of us it''s "up and at ''em" and get stuck in.  To all those fans going to the Hawthorns tomorrow keep the belief going, keep the dream alive. That''s what football is about, not cringing and cowering and being ''ever so ''umble. I''m sure there are posters on this thread whose true allegiance is not to City and so will attempt to pee on any show of optimism and desire. For the rest of us we are four games from Wembley. Last season we had four games to go when we went to poorman road. You know the rest ......

Spot on City1st, we arn''t the same club as we were a few years ago, we are now sitting pretty in the Premeir League and driven by a manager who has built up a squad who show no fear, so how about we all adopt that same attitude. We were practically bottom of League 1 when Lambert took over - we ended up winning the league; people laughed at our recruitment policy in the Championship - we gained automatic promotion; we were written off before this season had started - we''re closer to a place in Europe than a relegation spot. Lets not doubt our ability to sustain a good league campaign as well as a cup run, we''re more than capable, we''re winners.

[quote user="alysha"]Spot on City1st, we arn''t the same club as we were a few years ago, we are now sitting pretty in the Premeir League and driven by a manager who has built up a squad who show no fear, so how about we all adopt that same attitude. We were practically bottom of League 1 when Lambert took over - we ended up winning the league; people laughed at our recruitment policy in the Championship - we gained automatic promotion; we were written off before this season had started - we''re closer to a place in Europe than a relegation spot. Lets not doubt our ability to sustain a good league campaign as well as a cup run, we''re more than capable, we''re winners.[/quote]

I''m going to stick my neck on the line here and predict if we keep PL and stick to the 7 year plan, we will be playing in Europeian cups  

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="alysha"]Spot on City1st, we arn''t the same club as we were a few years ago, we are now sitting pretty in the Premeir League and driven by a manager who has built up a squad who show no fear, so how about we all adopt that same attitude. We were practically bottom of League 1 when Lambert took over - we ended up winning the league; people laughed at our recruitment policy in the Championship - we gained automatic promotion; we were written off before this season had started - we''re closer to a place in Europe than a relegation spot. Lets not doubt our ability to sustain a good league campaign as well as a cup run, we''re more than capable, we''re winners.[/quote]

I''m going to stick my neck on the line here and predict if we keep PL and stick to the 7 year plan, we will be playing in Europeian cups  

[/quote]

Totally agree there Pete, Lambert is that vital to us.

I think many people underestimate the ‘winning mentality’ that Paul Lambert and the team have created. However, posters like City 1st and Alysha certainly do recognise it!

When PL says ‘whichever players I select, I trust them’ – he absolutely means it. That poster somewhere on here who used the term ‘no-hopers’ really is out of touch as we simply don’t have any players of that type. Attitude-wide if there were any unsuitable players PL would complete the surgery and remove them at the snap of your fingers.  

As an example, Jed Steer could do a fine job today because he’s good enough. It’s not baloney that PL says he has full confidence in him and Rudd; the fact he’s not bought another stopper says all we need to know about his view of our three keepers. More importantly than the message that sends to us the supporters is the message it sends to the players themselves. They must feel 10 feet tall even when they’re not playing. Managing the players NOT in the side is a key skill that few leaders possess. At least three recent NCFC managers immediately spring to mind as fine examples of ‘how not to do it!’.

What we have is talented individuals champing at the bit – just waiting to go and do what they are programmed to do – go out and do all they can to win a game of football. Due to the nature of the sport, we won’t always achieve a victory, however whenever we adopt a winning mentality (at the deepest level) we undoubtedly ‘stack the odds in our favour’.

OTBC

"Stick a weaker side out tomorrow" wiz"Only a few hours left to wait and see if the Messiah......and PL think on the same lines." wizWell, I''m not too sure who Lambert does listen to, but it certainly doesn''t appear that he pays much heed to the forum''s resident windvane (or that many others don''t either, come to that)

[quote user="City1st"]"Stick a weaker side out tomorrow" wiz

"Only a few hours left to wait and see if the Messiah......and PL think on the same lines." wiz

Well, I''m not too sure who Lambert does listen to, but it certainly doesn''t appear that he pays much heed to the forum''s resident windvane (or that many others don''t either, come to that)

[/quote]

So it would seem, far stronger side then I''d have thought, and hoped, its a risk imo but you''re quite right, Lambert only knows one way to play and that to win.

3 games away from Wembleyenjoy your journey home all you dreamers and believers - have a safe one back from the Hawthornsand then get yourself ready for the next stage of our cup run

Would you take an ''easier'' aeway draw or a real stonker at home to one of the ''big ones'' ?

Easier away draw, Lambert has a fantastic record on the road!

[quote user="City1st"]Would you take an ''easier'' aeway draw or a real stonker at home to one of the ''big ones'' ?[/quote]Tough question, but it would have to be the easier away draw. In the past an away trip would always worry me, under Lambert it is a whole lot different.

Anyone at home for me...  But I think we''ll get another unglamorous and difficult tie away at say Birmingham, Leicester, or maybe a Sunderland or someone like that...

When is the draw?  Tomorrow evening 5pm ish again?

Away at Sheff Weds (if they win) so big ground for away fanssneak our way into the quarters quietlyhowever I would still would like a ''biggy'' at homeplenty of rattles and bar scarves, a few comic characters (one in a white butchers coat) walking round the pitch before hand and Carrow Road packed out for a cup gameit''s been too long

Credit to those who made the trip today, could hear you loud and clear; bring on the next round! [<:o)]

"As long As its not Brighton, shades of Col who banter again"I thought you said ''stuff the cup''

[quote user="City1st"]"As long As its not Brighton, shades of Col who banter again"

I thought you said ''stuff the cup''
[/quote]

I did, and still do, but I''m not going to wish for a City defeat if we''re playing!