Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

From our Paddy at the press conference...

"Paul Lambert drops a teaser or two in this morning. One or two irons in the fire. Not biting on whether permanent or loans."

If Lambert & McNally even have irons in the fire at this stage of the window, we must really want the players we are after. Hope we get them whoever they may be.

Row D, I don''t think its a case of ''really wanting'' more a case of they weren''t available before, or Lambert has just decided later on he is interested in some different players. Lambert''s only had two Januarys here, a manager can''t always get what they want from other clubs. And while being stubborn and saying you won''t cave into pressure might work in the lower league, Lambert will want to take no risks when it comes to staying up this season (not that were in much danger of going down, bar some major disaster). Maybe he''s going to have to spend a bit more cash than he wanted, or has had to change his targets, just to bring in one or two extra players to add to the already very capable squad.

Of the "irons in the fire" I don''t think one of them is Rhodes. Just can''t see it happening.

Gingerpele - I agree. However, whoever the players are I just can''t see PL/DM paying over odds. We are well capable of carrying on as we are, without any further additions.

I imagine Norwich are looking to bring in one player on loan to fill that vacant slot - it fits with Lambert''s pattern of brining in loanees in Jan (Pacheco and Vokes last year and Matt Rose and Elliott the previous year). Also it doesn''t represent a gamble or massive outlay in money.

Players will suddenly become available for loan in the last few days of the window depending on who has or hasn''t be bought.

I defintely believe he would of sent De Laet back for more then just his injury problems. It''s clear he wants another player in on loan. He might also want to sign someone permanently too.

Or maybe, to tick both boxes, its a loan deal with a view to permanent in the summer? :P

Do we take it that someone asked if Ward was going to be sold or loaned out?

I take it that person is unaware that we only have four recognised centre backs on the books at the moment. Loaning one or selling one at this point would be folly.

@snakepitCanary - I totally agree. PL would have sent Richie DL back anyway. The injury was the reason given, but he really didn''t play too great here.

Most mistakes he made resulted in opposition scoring.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

I imagine Norwich are looking to bring in one player on loan to fill that vacant slot - it fits with Lambert''s pattern of brining in loanees in Jan (Pacheco and Vokes last year and Matt Rose and Elliott the previous year). Also it doesn''t represent a gamble or massive outlay in money.

Players will suddenly become available for loan in the last few days of the window depending on who has or hasn''t be bought.

[/quote]

Different rules the last 2 season''s though Beth. Players could be brought in on loan until the deadline at the end of March to help get us over the line. Which I believe was the case with Pacecho and Vokes.

Lamberts full quote:

“I’ll wait and see what happens,” he said. “It’s just kind of raised its head a little bit. It’s probably not the answer you are looking for, but its the best I have got. I don’t know. It’s just in the balance. There are things I am looking at. Whether they come off or not I don’t know. There is one or two things that we have looked at. Whether or not they happen we’ll see. Like I said, if not then I’d be more than happy with the group that is there. I’ll keep the phone switched on and we’ll see what happens throughout the day. Wait and see. If it does come off, fine, if it doesn’t then I am more than happy as I say.”

Clear as mud then. Love the way Archant print it all word for word rather than risk misquoting him so you end up with a passage of classic lambo muttering!

Hopefully another player in then, I too doubt highly it will be Rhodes... more so as Vaughan will probably be in contention for games after tomorrow! I wouldnt mind seeing Pacheco return, loved the club and was young and raw but also showed glimpses of real potential.... Lambert and the team could turn him into a real player!

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I thought Pacheco only really performed in 2/3 games. Not sure why PL would want him back.[/quote]

You can''t hold that against him though. He was only here just over a month. I think he was a player that the fans really took to and he obviously enjoyed that month here and now has a soft spot for us. But what player wouldn''t have enjoyed April/May with Norwich last season? Was awesome for us fans and must have been at least as good for the players.