Sign in to follow this  
yoda

Sunderland

Not much there to worry us by the look of it reckon we can get 3 points on wed no problem !

Why does Peter Drury keep trying to whip this "occasion" up into something it isn''t??. If the people of Sunderland aren''t bothered enough to fill their ground then why is Drury harping on about it. terrible sanctimonious commentator.

On the subject of Sunderland, unless they buy a big name striker in the next 48 hours.....there''s nothing to worry about here

If Larsson, Sessegnon, and McClean are on top of their game we will be in for a tough time. If we keep them quiet, they have nothing. I have more than enough faith that we have more than them all over the park to take the three points and let Martin O''Neill suffer his first home defeat as Sunderland manager.

Well, today''s result could hardly have gone better. I presume Brown and Vaughan will be doubtful for Wednesday.

It was a hard fought game and local pride dictated O''Neill play a strong team who only have 72 hours to recover.

Looking ahead, Sunderland face an extra game in 10 days time and this will take a further toll on their squad.

Meanwhile, Lambert got the job done while resting players at WBA. In terms of preparation this game and result was a bonus.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Why does Peter Drury keep trying to whip this "occasion" up into something it isn''t??. If the people of Sunderland aren''t bothered enough to fill their ground then why is Drury harping on about it. terrible sanctimonious commentator.

[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking. There were ACRES of empty seats. I know the SOL is a big ground ,but it was a derby, and if this had been 4th round Norwich  v Ipswich at Carrow Rd (or, in all fairness, Portman Rd) it''d have been full to the gunnels.

As for Sunderland, they look to have problems in C defence (can''t see Wes Brown recovering in time), but Mc Clean looks tasty. Naughton will have to be on his game to keep him in check.

Don''t think it''s going to be that easy, their manager''s O''Neill now and he''s class. If Sessegnon plays well etc... we''ll have to be top too. If we are we''ve certainly got a good chance.

Poor deluded fools. Now the real season has started and all those teams that we thought we could brush aside are starting to raise their game and start picking up points.

Sunderland, Bolton, Blackburn, QPR they''re all gaining on City.

The big slide has started and down the league we slip. It wasn''t that we were bad, it is the opposition were much better than City.

It looks like a Blackpool is on the cards and NCFC''ll be lucky to survive after this defeat.

I predict no more wins this season. Mark my words, City has been lucky up to now and now have been found out.