Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Post Manchester City Match Headlines

As I hear the cliche expression from many of the Sky commentators, "It''s all beautifully poised for Norwich next Saturday." We can become the first team to hand them a defeat this season. Never mind how improbable you think this may be, we have nothing to lose and major upsets do happen in sports. If it does happen, what would you expect the media headlines to be after the match? Here''s mine: 

"Now Mancini Gets the Bird."

I cannot see how it is beyond us to perform well, as we have away from home already this season.

For two games Man City have been prevented getting the ball to Silva. It can be done with hard work.

At the same time it could be said the only way to play them is to give them problems and not just defend because their defence isn''t the greatest - teams have just been cowed by their reputation and firepower - except in Napoli and Liverpool.

Paul Lambert isn''t phased by reputation either.

Well if I was a Pink Un journo and based the story on this week''s output, my headline would be "All Too Easy For Citizens As Morison and Pilkington Only Out For Themselves, Barnett Not Good Enough and Joint Majority Shareholder Too Frail To Continue."

"Holt nails double hatrick as 8-man Blues rue no-show substitutes" - Daily Wail

And pundits'' quotes of the day:

"Grant really showed his hunger" - Lambert

"Holt''s just a cheating diver" - Colin

"I''ve seen the replays and Norwich should have had at least ten penalties against them." - Hodgson

"They''re never gonna keep their manager. I mean, Norwich will get relegated back to League 1 after this. I really fear for them" - Lawrenson

"Manchester City really needed a twelfth man. Come on! Were were they?" - Delia (after the half-time oranges).

''Holt''s late, late double halts Mancini''s millionaires!''

Club captain Grant Holt revealed after the match that Paul Lambert''s lads had been  had been inspired by a message beforehand from owner and supercook Delia Smith beseeching her beloved team to ''have ''em for dinner today - and desserts on me''! 

OTBC

"The Canaries Halt The Citizens March."

An excerpt from the Match Report:

Before kick-off, Queen Delia, with a nod and a wink to reverse the process of the French Revolution, was emphatic that she wanted Lambert and his men to take the heads of all Citizens who get in our way. This includes the head of Balotelli ( whether he''s playing or not ) so that we no longer have to gaze on the horrible graffiti he perpetrates on his noggin. This arrogant nerd who thinks all he has to do is stand with his hands on his hips and look menacingly at the opposition while they wilt in his shadow was to be shown a move he has never before encountered. This move was demonstrated by none other than little Wes Hoolahan who, going straight in with both feet ( studs showing ) thrusting firmly against the base of Balotelli''s left ankle, followed up by pushing with all his might with his little arms against Balotelli''s right ankle. The ensuing splits was not only something to visually behold, but caused Balotelli''s eyeballs to extend outwards far beyond anything he had previously been able to achieve on his own initiative. Wes, now much the taller of the two, was heard to honestly say, "I tink I missed the ball Ref."