Sign in to follow this  
BarclayCanary (Former HDDH)

Points from next Three Games

How many points do you think we will get/aim for from out next Three games?

I can see the game away to Villa being a draw maybe even a cheeky win.

Against Arsenal I can see us getting a draw if we exploit there poor defence.

QPR I can see us beating hopefully.

So from the next Three games I am going to say I think we will pick up 4-5 pointts out of the 9.

What are your thoughts?

OTBC!!!

3 is vital, as we don''t want to go winless for a long run, 4 would be fantastic, anything more is unbelievable.

I''m not so sure. Villa at their home will be a very tough ask and Arsenal have just become very good. I only see three points or even less, but then  I''ve yet to come to terms with our excellent start. My glass is three-quarters empty, I''m looking at it now and will top it up.

Done! You never really know what this side is capable of and they rise to the occasion more often than not. Liverpool raised hopes, but after Blackburn doubts re-surfaced.

It''s unikely to be nil points

[quote user="HoltsRightFoot"]I think I heard the other day that Darren Bent has only had 3 shots on target this season, very promising indeed. I think it was Talksport on the radio.[/quote]

That''s understandable. He probably spends all his time in training learning how to become Harry Redknapp''s missus.

Being realistic we should not expect much from Villa or Arsenal. I have a bit of an uneasy feeling about the Arsenal game having seen our defending in the last two games. Just feel we may be due a bit of a hiding at some point and they are the sort of side that could give it to us if we are below par. Having said that they are definitely brittle at the back and if we play to our potential and get at them then we could have some joy.

4 points would be a very good haul. 3 is probably par looking at the 3 teams in question.

QPR at home is obviously the one we should have the best chance of winning but as we have already seen this season you cannot take a win in any game for granted.

I''d be happy with 3. 4 would be nice. 5 or 6 would be more than I''d hope for to be honest.

QPR we''ve got to be looking for 3 points from. Arsenal I think are probably going to be too strong for us. Villa will be tough, but maybe the reaction from the poor performance at Blackburn might help us.

I''m sure Lambert will use that as a kick up the backside for the lads, and if you add that to the extra relief/confidence the players will have gotten from the last minute equaliser, we could maybe nick something from Villa.

Might seem sound strange, but i''d be happy with 2 points. Why be over expect things - great if we got more but happy to draw with Villa and QPR, and lose to Arsenal. Obviously i''m not happy to see us lose, but its about being realistic, and realistically Arsenal are a top 4/5 team. Their fans will be saying they should beat us, they have also started playing a bit better since Ver-lose-a-leg is back

Lol everyone now starts talking about the defense hypocrites...Anyway we can beat qpr and get something at villa i feel, they are not the force they once were.

[quote user="HoltsRightFoot"]I don''t know if I should take that as Sarcasm Swindoncanary or not, but personally yes I am confident and can see us possibly coming away with 6-7 points if we play our cards right.[/quote]

I''m with HRF on this - in fact, it wouldn''t surprise me if we got 7 or 9:

Aston Villa (A) - I am confident that we will get a win - I think McLeish, and the crowd, will put too much expectation and therefore pressure on their team.

Arsenal (H) - 1st game after the international break - it may take Arsenal a game or 2 to get back to their best, so I would plump for either a disappointing draw or an unsurprising win.

QPR (H)  - With our game with them being sandwiched between Stoke away and WBA at home, I think they will consider it to be a "non-pressure" game and I fancy this being one of the best games and biggest wins for us of the season to date - especially as they already have had 11 goals put past them in away games this season.

All 3 are games we''re capable of winning.  If I had to bet I''d go for 4-5 points.  If we come away with 5 I''ll be satisfied, and to get a couple of wins  would, realistically, be a good outcome.

Yes if we did get 7-9 points I''d be delighted - but not particularly surprised.  Which shows how far we''ve come so far.

I have an idea; Why don''t we take every game as it comes? No game we should expect to win but we''ve also got to have the belief we ''can'' win any game.

I hated it last season when people built up games like Donny or PNE as certain wins, no game is a gimme.

I think 3 points would be good from these games, arsenal would have been a much easier game a few weeks ago, they now have Vermalen back and he is huge for them.3 points will also keep us well on track for that 38 (roughly) point survival mark