Sign in to follow this  
ABC (A Basingstoke Canary)

The bickering has started - must be international break time!

It''s like half term really!

Deprive decent people of their regular fix of competitive football and they look for something to bicker about!

So far today, I''ve seen the following:

1) Cody MacDonald being jeered at for his lack of goals at Coventry (what that''s got to do with us only the afflicted know!)

2) Chris Martin being slated for his lack of goals, lack of speed and pretty much lack of everything else. The fact that the guy is 23 seems to be irrelevant - he''s over the hill (according to some). Crystal Palace, Derby, Notts Forest etc obviously haven''t a clue according to some of the pundits, who waffle on about his lack of goals in the Championship last season. (Oh dear, oh dear!)

3) Andrew Surman is cited as being a "Namby Pamby" (I ask you, with tears in my eyes!)

4) Over and above that there is also the considered opinion of some posters, that a clutch of players including; Smith, Ward, Lappin, Drury, to name but a few, should be shipped out in the January window! I do recall Paul Lambert saying that the team needed a "helping hand" - which, by implication, I''m pretty sure he meant by bringing IN some players, not shipping OUT members of the squad! (I also recall Paul Lambert saying that the WHOLE squad would be needed this season)

Any names that I''ve missed out?

Oh well, thank goodness term restarts in 5 days time[;)]

Yeh really not enough football in the Premiership. Its kinda boring, I missed the last home game as my GF was selfish enough to have a birthday ! So it feels like it was ages ago I last went to Carrow :(

It''s like this everyday whether it''s half term, international break or whatever. It''s people''s opinions nothing more nothing less smoke a pound of sess a day, and yesterday went by so quick it seems like it was just today

[quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]

It''s like half term really!

Deprive decent people of their regular fix of competitive football and they look for something to bicker about!

So far today, I''ve seen the following:

1) Cody MacDonald being jeered at for his lack of goals at Coventry (what that''s got to do with us only the afflicted know!)

2) Chris Martin being slated for his lack of goals, lack of speed and pretty much lack of everything else. The fact that the guy is 23 seems to be irrelevant - he''s over the hill (according to some). Crystal Palace, Derby, Notts Forest etc obviously haven''t a clue according to some of the pundits, who waffle on about his lack of goals in the Championship last season. (Oh dear, oh dear!)

3) Andrew Surman is cited as being a "Namby Pamby" (I ask you, with tears in my eyes!)

4) Over and above that there is also the considered opinion of some posters, that a clutch of players including; Smith, Ward, Lappin, Drury, to name but a few, should be shipped out in the January window! I do recall Paul Lambert saying that the team needed a "helping hand" - which, by implication, I''m pretty sure he meant by bringing IN some players, not shipping OUT members of the squad! (I also recall Paul Lambert saying that the WHOLE squad would be needed this season)

Any names that I''ve missed out?

Oh well, thank goodness term restarts in 5 days time[;)]

[/quote]

Lambert did in fact also say that some players may well be leaving in January, (hence the reason why the thread was started), but not before new ones had been brought in. 

FAO TFAA

I think you will find Sir, that I have not mentioned any posters, nor have I listed any posters, therefore, I have not been bickering with anyone.

Perhaps I should have been more specific when I asked for any names that I may have missed out - I was referring to Norwich City squad members, not the names of posters.[8-)]

But thanks for trying anyway!

ABC (A Basingstoke Canary

I think you will find Sir, that I have not mentioned any posters, nor have I listed any posters, therefore, I have not been bickering with anyone.

----------------------------------------------------

But you have made reference to posts about players made by various posters.....

FAO TFAA (again)

Oh dear, I''ve obviously made this too complicated.........

The bickering concerned the following NCFC players (and ex players):

1) Cody MacDonald

2) Chris Martin

3) Andrew Surman

4) A clutch of players including; Smith, Ward, Lappin, Drury, to name but a few.

I then enquired whether there were any names that I had missed.

What I didn''t do (and I do apologise for being so ignorant) was to specify that I was looking for any NCFC FOOTBALLERS that I might have missed - not the names of any pinkun'' posters.[:S]

BTW I couldn''t use the "quote" function - there seems to be a problem with it

Agreed, Martin is only 23, but age and experience will not gain him extra pace, and his attitude will not improve his other deficiencies. Thus he is not likely to ever make it as a striker at Prem level IMO. That is not bickering, but purely passing a considered opinion after many years of watching him. If people want to indulge in a childish insults, such as GP, that is up to them, but it detracts from any logical argument they may have.

[quote user="curly_whirly_tipz"]In fairness, international break or not, this forum LOVES to bicker, disagree, pick an argument or whatever. I am just glad I am one of the more optimistic supporters :D[/quote]Binner.

You''ve misssed out 3 pages of argeuing between the usual suspects on the scummers finances thread [:D]

Mister Chops I can fully assure u that I am NOT a binner! I have had my season ticket for 14 years :) I was just making a passing comment that some people enjoy heated debates thats all or tend to lure on the side of pessimism - I dont see how that suddenly makes me a binner!

Children, children!

All this bickering just won''t do!

Most of us want to discuss on here.

Some just want to make a noise.

I don''t mind people letting off steam, but some of the vitriol directed at players is out of order.

Good heated arguments please without the c**p,

Curly, I think you''ll find Mister''s comment was firmly tongue in cheek.

Though heaven knows why I should defend a poster who throws the word binner around like confetti[:@]

Ahh yes, I remember... He''s a PUP [&]

Now the Rays Funds threads are a haven for the "more optimistic supporters". Are you gonna join us this week?