Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Jackson not in the reserves last night???

I don''t know whether I am reading too much into this but Simeon Jackson wasn''t in the reserves last night. 

He''s not injured is he, I don''t recall hearing about an injury?

Simeon, arguably finished last season as our best striker, but has not featured at all this season?[:^)]   Now I know we have brought in other forwards but I would have thought Simeon would have had a chance by now, even if only a bit part. 

I certainly thought he would have been given some game time last night to keep him fresh. 

Has he completely fallen out of favour for some reason or another as I find it hard to believe that it was deemed that he doesn''t need the game time due to the odd forary for Canada?

???[:^)]

Thought the same but do consider he racked up a whole load of air miles last week with Canada.

They played St Lucia I think sp either way the lad will have been put through the mill, from personal experience any long haul flight is always a quick route to some hideous bug with twelve or so hours of re-circulated air.

Shouldn’t read that much into it although I was hoping to see him play last night.

I think he is defo in Lambo''s thoughts. He came on near the end at Man U and I thought he did well.

Like Holt, he will get his chance in due course.

For most people, jet-lag will be 2 or 3 days maximum.

For a fully-fit professional football, 7 days rest to play a part in a reserve match played at less then full tempo shouldn''t be an issue.

To be fair, we are expecting him to play professional football and so the miles could be a factor, Lambert certainly thinks so. If they reassigned him to the admin department I''m sure he would be back at his desk like the rest of us ordinary people!

That is coming back from west to east the jet lag will be worse. And can be anything from a few days to two weeks suffereing.

Perhaps he didn''t play because Lambert plans to involve him against Liverpool? Maybe Lambert has told him to expect to get 30 minutes and wants him fit to give him his chance. Hope so, he cou;d really be the key this season if given the chance.

From not used last weeks players only miss in reserves group was Crofts and Simeon both play on International break x2 games and both fly much around I belive that is the reason.