Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Grant Holt - sweepstake

Don''t ask why but I''ve managed to get the odds on Grant Holt being called up to Euro 2012 england squad

Anyone like to have a guess? I will put the answer on here later on

Well I doubt it''s 5000-1 Paul!!Surely even Cody would be shorter than that! lol

Does logic come into this? How many forwards are in front of him? Certainly not 4999.

I''m going to guess something ridiculously short like 16/1.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well I doubt it''s 5000-1 Paul!!Surely even Cody would be shorter than that! lol

Does logic come into this? How many forwards are in front of him? Certainly not 4999.

[/quote]

It''s not a case of how many are ahead of him but the vast difference in quality in the competition. Now let me think..... Rooney or Holt, Bent or Holt  ? .... LOL

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

It''s not a case of how many are ahead of him but the vast difference in quality in the competition. Now let me think..... Rooney or Holt, Bent or Holt  ? .... LOL

[/quote]

Well yes but surely that''s why they''re ahead of him. So just imagine Rooney''s suspended and Bent is injured. How many more are ahead of him. Kelvin Davies got in, how many are between him and Grant Holt? .....LOL

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well yes but surely that''s why they''re ahead of him. So just imagine Rooney''s suspended and Bent is injured. How many more are ahead of him. Kelvin Davies got in, how many are between him and Grant Holt? .....LOL

[/quote]

Even Kevin Davies, Michael Owen, Defoe, Walcott would be considered before Grant, sadly. He has no chance IMO so the odds might just as well be 1,000,000-1, but of course the bookies would never risk it.   

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]I''ve a feeling that the odds aren''t that high at all bearing in mind only English strikers are of course eligible for the England team. I''d guess at something like 20/1[/quote]

They''d probably fast-track a resident foreign striker onto a British passport rather than play Grant..... LOL

paul, no they wouldn''t.

Grant Holt probably isn''t any further than something like 10th choice really. Kevin Davis got picked, if Holt has a good season, no reason why he couldn''t get picked if an injury crisis were to occur.

22-1?

1/5 dead cert for me, in a couple of weeks he''ll score a hat trick or two and dislodge Rooney.

Joking aside 30/1 may be reasonable.

Also what price on Ruddy being in England squad this season?

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]1/5 dead cert for me, in a couple of weeks he''ll score a hat trick or two and dislodge Rooney. Joking aside 30/1 may be reasonable. Also what price on Ruddy being in England squad this season?[/quote]

Now that is feasible..... I''d say 5/1