Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

Carlos Tevez

I know I''ll get slaughtered for this but I feel slightly sorry for the guy.

If Tevez was in it for the money he would surely sit on the bench shut his mouth and let the pay cheques role in but he wants to play football, regular football!

He was City''s top scorer last season and to be frozen out completely because he misses his children seems harsh.

Mancini has had no faith in him so far this season and to ask him to come on against Bayern already 2-0 with 30 mins to go must have hit a nerve.

I know everyone here would give their soul to play professional football and couldn''t contemplate not turning out for their team but look at it from his point of view.

You''ve had not faith in me, you''ve kept me here against my will, you won''t start me but expect me to save the day 2-0 down with 30 mins left. What do you expect!? I would have reacted the exact same way.

I don''t want to start any arguments but I''ve always had respect for Tevez who at Manchester United always got on with his job and gave 100% regardless of how many minutes he played and in my opinion if he was in my squad he would be the first name on the team sheet.

It''s obvious he''s having influences from the wrong sort of people regarding a move but anyone with children will agree it must be torture for him when all he wants is his family.

I''m not saying what he did tonight was right or wrong just that I can understand why he refused to play.

And to be honest Mancini has always seemed to me a bit of an ahole.

He wears a Man City shirt, ergo he is a c**t.Can''t really see why anyone would be there if its not "for the money" in the current climate. There is more to Tevez than meets the eye anyway. He is at the centre of what makes football bad. Money, Agents, Dodgey Deals. I have no sympathy for him what so ever !!

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]I know I''ll get slaughtered for this but I feel slightly sorry for the guy. If Tevez was in it for the money he would surely sit on the bench shut his mouth and let the pay cheques role in but he wants to play football, regular football! He was City''s top scorer last season and to be frozen out completely because he misses his children seems harsh. Mancini has had no faith in him so far this season and to ask him to come on against Bayern already 2-0 with 30 mins to go must have hit a nerve. I know everyone here would give their soul to play professional football and couldn''t contemplate not turning out for their team but look at it from his point of view. You''ve had not faith in me, you''ve kept me here against my will, you won''t start me but expect me to save the day 2-0 down with 30 mins left. What do you expect!? I would have reacted the exact same way. I don''t want to start any arguments but I''ve always had respect for Tevez who at Manchester United always got on with his job and gave 100% regardless of how many minutes he played and in my opinion if he was in my squad he would be the first name on the team sheet. It''s obvious he''s having influences from the wrong sort of people regarding a move but anyone with children will agree it must be torture for him when all he wants is his family. I''m not saying what he did tonight was right or wrong just that I can understand why he refused to play. And to be honest Mancini has always seemed to me a bit of an ahole.[/quote]

Correct - consider yourself slaughtered. I can''t believe how anyone can begin to even think about defending him. He signed a long term contract worth £200K a week (or whatever it was) and refuses to play. I assume you have a job. What would happen to you if you refused to do it? He has not only let his team-mates and supporters down but most of all he has let himself down, and so very, very badly.

First statement can''t argue with that!

I just feel sad as a football fan, I want to see players like Carlos playing week in week out who give everything to the game, chase every ball and has that never say die spirit like we have.

Tevez obviously went for the cash in the first place but think has found out the hard way money isn''t everything.

If it was Balotelli or Dzeko I wouldn''t care and they could rot in the reserves but Tevez is different class and it''s sad to see his career come to this.

What is it with Argentines and drama! Just shows how incredible Messi really is!

Its the way the game go''s and the way he is. I still thought it shocking he moved from Man Utd. Its one thing to leave utd for Spain but to go to thier rivals ?! Tevez showed all his class and loyalty to be all about the $$$$$$$ right there.

Well if he just wants to play premiership football and not warm the bench and if Man City fancy doing a similar deal to bellamy last season where they pay the wages then we''ll have him. No arguments about that.

Got no sympathy for Tevez.

It''s become obvious that the guy is very selfish and a bad apple.

Don''t be fooled by the excuses of missing his family or being unhappy at a lack of playing time, that should have worn very thin by now.

He probably gets paid more in a week than a lot of Norwich players get paid in a year but can you see anybody in our squad turning round and telling the manager they refuse to play?

He''s being asked to come on and play half an hour of football at the very highest level of the game in a fantastic stadium. Most of us would give our right arm (and more) for such an opportunity. He''s arrogant enough to turn his nose up at it and turn his back on his team mates.

Very good footballer but a total scumbag who doesn''t appreciate what he''s got.

Great to hear peoples views on it slightly disappointed I''m the only one sticking up for him!

To answer webbo''s point - yes I do have a job I''m a designer.

If last year I was the designer pitching to all the big clients coming up with all the great ideas and saving my colleagues skin time after time and earning my company fortunes I wouldn''t feel like I owed them anything regardless of what I was paid. If I then asked to be relocated to London to be closer to my family I''d expect my company to support my decision. I certainly wouldn''t put up with being made to stay and the following year being forced to do the photocopying and making the teas and coffee! And If my boss came to me saying we''ve messed up the biggest pitch the company has every had and you''ve got 30 mins to save our skin, my second word would be off!

I always wondered why his family didn''t just move to the UK sooner as it''s not like they are short of cash to do it. He signed a contract with City knowing that his family were living elsewhere, and then tried to put pressure on the club to accommodate his change of heart (and it looks as if they were actually very fair with him). He had the chance to move in the transfer window, but his wages were the sticking point I remember reading - so he isn''t prepared to compromise. Now his family have relocated, evidently - so what''s his problem? He should be working hard to get back into the first 11. I hope he has his contract terminated today, as in any other job what he did would be classed as gross misconduct.

Teves hasn''t been kept against his will, they were trying to sell him, thats why they signed another world class striker. No one could afford his wages and transfer fee.

And this whole family thing, its a load of rubbish. For a start, he used that excuse to leave Man.U didn''t he? to go to Man.C....

If he really wanted to be near his family, he would take a serious wage cut, but he doesn''t.

There is no possible way to defend a footballer, who is being paid so much for refusing to play for no good reason. He''s not starting because in the times he''s played this season, he hasn''t been as good as Aguero or Dzecko. Most people would like to be near their family, and would probably make sacrifices to do so, Tevez could get paid 1/4 of what he does now and still be well of, but he''s not willing to do that, so isn''t going to find a club. And if he moves anywhere other than a South American club, then we all know for certain that excuse is a load of rubbish.

And apparently he didn''t refuse to play, so he says.

So is Mancini being misquoted, or Tevez making it up, or a communication problem during the match?

I''ll join in and express a bit of sympathy for him. He''s clearly an emotional bloke as you can see by the way he conducts himself on the pitch. I don''t think the missing his family line is an excuse although I''m not sure what their situation is now. The fact that he was willing to move to Corinthians in the summer (a move that I suspect will be back on in January) suggests to me that it is not all about money for Tevez.

Having said that refusing to come on as a substitute, if indeed this is what happened, is a bit much. It is a real kickj in the teeth to the fans who have travelled all the way to Germany and who, prior to last night, may well have had some sympathy for him. However, I do get the feeling that this has been brewing for a while now and that City have not exactly helped the situation. They work with him every day and must know what state of mind he is in. Why even put him on the bench if there is the slightest chance that something like this may happen?

What I dont understand is why did he bother getting all kitted-up, and sitting on the bench if he couldnt be bothered to play?

If I really didnt want to be there/want to play, I would have said no before the kick-off so I could go and be wherever it was that I wanted to be???

The only reason to get kitted-up, sit there for an hour and then refuse would be to make a REALLY big statement. If you wanted to make this kind of statement why would you deny it afterwards???

Seems very odd to me.

Woohoo a slight sympathiser!

I just find it fascinating

Obviously there are huge amounts going on behind the scenes with Carlos that I think even we wouldn''t stand for as individuals and his life as a kid couldn''t of been easy.

He must feel some loyalty to Joorabchain who is clearly only in it for the money and couldn''t of made the best decisions for him over the years.

I don''t think Tevez to be like the Nasri''s or Rooney''s of the game who are solely out to make as much cash as they can but people close to him are.

I mostly blame the manager and it''s not the first time Mancini has had problems with his squad. He should have dealt with this a long time ago

MC could have easily farmed Tevez out to numerous clubs this summer, it was just the fact Tevez wants to go to one place only home!

That Russian club were trying to buy everyone left right and centre! If they thought Tevez could be bought they''d of thrown anything at them and If Tevez just wanted the cash he could of asked for the same 300k a week Eto''o is on.

I know one thing for certain if Lambert was manager MC none of this **** would be happening.

his family, including some of his relatives from argentina are all now living around him in cheshire. he speaks much better english than he lets on, if it was just mancini saying he refused to go on, then i could possibly, just possibly put it down to a communication problem. but david platt was involved, and says that he refused as well. zabaleta, a fellow argentine,visibly fell out with tevez whilst on the bench, and there are stories that zabs punched tevez in the tunnel post match.

all of this i put squarely at the door of his agent, kia joorabchian, a piece of work if ever there was one.

the only plus to come from this is that the agent may have picked the wrong club to try it on with this time.

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]. I don''t think Tevez to be like the Nasri''s or Rooney''s of the game who are solely out to make as much cash as they can but people close to him are.  [/quote]

I think you need to wake up a bit.

I don''t understand how you can differentiate between Tevez and anyone else you perceive to be in it for the money.

Do you think Rooney would refuse to come on against Bayern Munich in a Champions League game?

Yeah Tevez has probably got people (Kia) in his ear but he''s still a grown man and I think people need to accept that his true colours shone through last night. He turned his back on his team (and the game of football, really) through pure arrogance and selfishness.

To be honest if it was Wayne Rooney in the situation I think he would have punched Mancini''s lights out for giving him 20 mins at bolton 60 mins at wigan and 9 mins at fulham all season then expecting him to hammer bayern munich single handed!

Listen to Mancini after the game last night he absolutely slaughters Dzeko who has been one of their outstanding players so far this season, the man just doesn''t seem in control.

In the summer he had his bust up in the states with Balotelli, he''s had spats with Bellamy, Adebayor, David Moyes, Mark Hughes the list is endless!

I think Tevez is being made into a scapegoat for the circus that is Manchester City and Mancini should take full responsibility.

If it is true that he refused to come on as a sub, then he is totally out of order, and should be sacked immediately. However, I suspect that there is more to this than meets the eye, so it might be best to reserve judgement until we have all the facts.Generally speaking, it is about time some of these over-paid prima-donnas stopped behaving like spoilt children, and realised that they are in a hugely privileged position, being paid vast sums of money for doing something that most of us would happily do for nothing. If the salary figures are correct, Tevez gets paid more in a month than I have been paid in my entire working life! For that sort of money he should at least do as he is told by the manager, and if he doesn''t it is an insult to ordinary fans who are struggling to make end meet, and paying good money to go and watch.[:@]

Yes I have a hell of a lot of sympathy for Tevez. Poor bloke, he only earns c.£1million a month, has the chance to play in and possibly win the 2 best club competitions in the world (The champions league and PL), and yet he refuses to play?! The talk that he wants to be closer to his family is total bull, as he was prepared to move to a Spanish club, still a long old plane trip to Buenes Aires! What type of message is this sending out to kids who idolise him? I used to like him as a player, but now I just think he''s a money grabbing fraud who should never play for any club again

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]I think Tevez is being made into a scapegoat for the circus that is Manchester City and Mancini should take full responsibility.[/quote]

He refused to enter the field of play to help his teammates. He refused to do exactly what he is paid ridiculously well to do.

He''s not a scapegoat for anything. He is simply the best example of the worst part of football.

"Listen to Mancini after the game last night he absolutely slaughters Dzeko who has been one of their outstanding players so far this season, the man just doesn''t seem in control."

he has admitted this morning that he let his frustration at what tevez had done spill into his dzeko attack. he has also said that he has apologised to big edin,admitted to him that he was in the wrong and that things are back to normal between them.

^^^^^^ahem to that! how anyone can defend him/his actions over this (if true) is totally beyond me

[quote user="exiled blue"]"Listen to Mancini after the game last night he absolutely slaughters Dzeko who has been one of their outstanding players so far this season, the man just doesn''t seem in control."

he has admitted this morning that he let his frustration at what tevez had done spill into his dzeko attack. he has also said that he has apologised to big edin,admitted to him that he was in the wrong and that things are back to normal between them.[/quote]From a footballing point of view, I don''t think it is very professional of Mancini to be going public with all of this, and he probably would have been better advised to keep quiet and make "no comment" on both Tevez and Dzeko, until everything is sorted out.However, from an entertainment point of view the whole thing is absolutely brilliant! You couldn''t write a better soap-opera, and Sky Sports News are almost wetting themselves with excitement. The whole thing could drag on for weeks, with a new headline story every day. This sort of thing is what Sky pump billions into football for, and remember, now Norwich are in the Premier League, a few million of that money filters down to us!So, don''t knock it![:D]

"From a footballing point of view, I don''t think it is very professional of Mancini"

then again, i`d be interested to see how ANY manager would react to a situation like that. it`s not often that something occurs in top flight football that can be said (to the best of my knowledge) to be a first.

as for the media, they`ve got a real downer on us at the best of times. especially the red top papers, so many of the hacks have spent years sniffing up fergusons trumpet that they don`t want to see the status-quo shattered.they resort to literally inventing bad news stories about us , the hundred grand watches as a gift from the sheikh, mancini being sat in the stands at the game where hughes was sacked etc etc. (the latter one city took legal advice and the newspapers had to apologise and print it). so to us, it`s pretty much to be expected tbh.

[quote user="exiled blue"]"From a footballing point of view, I don''t think it is very professional of Mancini"

then again, i`d be interested to see how ANY manager would react to a situation like that. it`s not often that something occurs in top flight football that can be said (to the best of my knowledge) to be a first.

as for the media, they`ve got a real downer on us at the best of times. especially the red top papers, so many of the hacks have spent years sniffing up fergusons trumpet that they don`t want to see the status-quo shattered.they resort to literally inventing bad news stories about us , the hundred grand watches as a gift from the sheikh, mancini being sat in the stands at the game where hughes was sacked etc etc. (the latter one city took legal advice and the newspapers had to apologise and print it). so to us, it`s pretty much to be expected tbh.[/quote]Maybe the media have a downer on MCFC, I don''t know, but if they have, then surely that''s all the more reason for Mancini to be extra, extra careful what he says in the heat of the moment.

Haven''t the media milked it, even asking Brian McDermott the Leeds Rhinos coach about the situation suggesting it was the biggest story and that everyone must have a comment.

I don''t really care, being a norwich fan about Man C, to be honest I think it shows how badly run it is. It is that football has become a business for the very rich at the top. I think like the Fabregas saga these players need to move on.

He will only go to one of the russian clubs or another middle east owned club due to his wage demands. Or city will let him go back to argentina, but that will break that bank of that club due to the ridiculous money in the very top of the game.

Now not playing for your team is seen in other sports as the last straw certainly in physical sports such as american football and rugby. He would be run out of town.

But remember the spoilt players in this league don''t even get the sack for having a gun in the changing rooms.

Like I say don''t care about Man C, or that this story is seen as huge. I think it shows how ridiculous the state of affairs are at htat club and at top clubs in europe.

Pity there are 2 threads with the same title.

However, for once, I have to wholeheartedly applaud FIFA - if Jim Boyce (vice president) has his way. He is talking of supporting Man City by potentially banning Tevez from playing anywhere, if Man City want to fire him. Man City need to send them the necessary information, and if appropriate, Mr Tevez will get his wish of leaving Manchester City - but at the expense of probably never playing again. Who, in their right mind, would EVER want this person poisoning the atmosphere of their team?