Sign in to follow this  
Thisisbabyish

Carlos Tevez

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Great to hear peoples views on it slightly disappointed I''m the only one sticking up for him! To answer webbo''s point - yes I do have a job I''m a designer. If last year I was the designer pitching to all the big clients coming up with all the great ideas and saving my colleagues skin time after time and earning my company fortunes I wouldn''t feel like I owed them anything regardless of what I was paid. If I then asked to be relocated to London to be closer to my family I''d expect my company to support my decision. I certainly wouldn''t put up with being made to stay and the following year being forced to do the photocopying and making the teas and coffee! And If my boss came to me saying we''ve messed up the biggest pitch the company has every had and you''ve got 30 mins to save our skin, my second word would be off![/quote]

Talk about contrived. If you''d signed a contract for 4 years for your firm earning £10M per year, would you try to get out of it soon after the start? So which branch of MCFC do you expect him to relocate to? It may be my imagination but I don''t think a professional footballer contract exists that guarantees an automatic place in the starting eleven. His action (or lack of it) was a disgrace. Imagine how you would feel, heaven forbid, if one of our players behaved like that. There is only one reason, and that is commercial, why he hasn''t been sacked. He would automatically become a free agent and MCFC would receive nothing for him. He knows that and the only thing they can do is not play him (he continues to get his £200K a week for doing nothing) and hopes a Club will take him of their hands.

Tevez''s actions are indefensible. He is under contract to do a job for vast sums of money and is in breach of that contract. I hope he gets banned from playing for years and sued massively as a lesson to any other potential contract breakers. I remember Adrian Mutu being sued for 13 million pounds by Chelsea as they lost his value due to his actions, and Tevez has lowered his transfer value also by his actions.

[quote user="paul moy"]Tevez''s actions are indefensible. He is under contract to do a job for vast sums of money and is in breach of that contract. I hope he gets banned from playing for years and sued massively as a lesson to any other potential contract breakers. I remember Adrian Mutu being sued for 13 million pounds by Chelsea as they lost his value due to his actions, and Tevez has lowered his transfer value also by his actions.[/quote]

The day has arrived, as I knew it would eventually, when PM and I agree about something. Well worth the wait!

There''s two separate things here:a) Mancini clearly doesn''t command the respect of the squad, but that''s what you get when you buy in mercenaries who couldn''t give a sh*t about the club so I have a tiny bit of sympathy for him there.b) But even if you think your manager is a world class knob jockey, you still go out and play.  If he''d gone out and run around aimlessly for 20 minutes it wouldn''t really have mattered.  Not going on the pitch is insulting the fans and the game itself, as well as the manager.Man City should be able to sack him without paying him off.

I can''t help but think that Man City have created this situation themselves. By warranting a player with his history of hissy fits you can only elevate his standing at the club to being the most important person, in that players eyes.

Mancini comes in, doesn''t bow at Teves'' feet, and Mr Elevated ego doesn''t like being numero uno.

I do hope Mancini wins this battle as this could be a very dangerous precedent in player power.

Tevez was actually liked in Argentina and if this has already been mentioned I apologise, but the Argentinians now dislike the guy. He refused to play for Argentina in the Copa Del Ray.After much public pressure he agreed to play and the deal was he would stop his moaning. He was appalling apparently and dropped at which point he started moaning again to the press. He was recalled in the knockouts and was again appalling however it went to penalties and yes you guessed it he was the one that missed.

Op please also consider

1. The reason why his kids were not here was that him and his partner split ( he possibly refused to  perform anymore ). They got back together and guess what - they spend lots of their time in Manchester

2. There will be many youth games at the weekend now where a child is asked to go and play and will refuse - footballers actions are followed

3. If this was Holt would you still consider him a legend

4. Nobody can afford him thats why he stayed. He has shot himself in the foot as he thought he was so good every team would want to buy him - serious misjudgement

5. Corinthians like City signed a successfull centre forward. Due to the Copa Del and his attitude now dont think they will want him anymore.

I hope City can stick to their guns and make him suffer, however I bet they will have topay him a huge sum and although a huge drop he will still earn a week what most of us earn in 10 years. I hope he never plays for anyone again. 

[quote user="Thisisbabyish"]Anyone who blanks Maradona is in my eyes a hero![/quote]

I''m withdrawing my tentative support after that statement. Nobody gets away with blanking El Diego [:@][:P]

I think Man City would do well to sack him and take the hit re. his lost transfer value. They can afford it, if any club can. The poster who said that this is what happens when you have a group of greedy players who were seduced by the money being thrown about is right, IMO. What big-name player would EVER want to play for Man City otherwise? They have always been a nothing team and even if they win something this season, they will still be nothing.

that roach gordon taylor of the PFA appeared on radio last night saying that if tevez is sacked, as is appearing likely, and banned from playing anywhere by FIFA, then he should sue city for compensation!.

i`d love to live on planet PFA, must be something in the water.

Poor old City. Even with all that money they still find a way to make a mess of things.

Only rivalled by Newcastle United and the Banana Cabaret in Balham as Britain''s greatest comedy clubs.

yep. even as a lifelong mcfc fan, i know that somewhere along the line we`ll make a complete bollox of the fantastiv gift we`ve been given. every other city fan i know feels exactly the same!!. we wouldn`t be city otherwise!! :)

[quote user="exiled blue"]that roach gordon taylor of the PFA appeared on radio last night saying that if tevez is sacked, as is appearing likely, and banned from playing anywhere by FIFA, then he should sue city for compensation!.

i`d love to live on planet PFA, must be something in the water.[/quote]Having trousered around an eye-watering £700,000 ( inc costs ) for allegedly having his ''phone hacked by some scally at NOTW Gordon Taylor needs a reality check and think about returning to the real world.If Tevez really did refuse to play then he deserves to have the book thrown at him but I''ve little sympathy for Man City, who, after all that previous nonsense about Tevez''s ownership, should have realised they were investing in a whole pile of trouble when they signed him.