Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

we have to start winning!!!!

Now this isnt a criticism of the lads after a great effort today, but it is no use keep hearing people say we played well but only got a draw or were unlucky to lose. In this League we have to WIN and do it quickly, we went so long last time without winning and thats what ultimately cost us. We HAVE been unlucky so far but we have caused problems for ourselves in previous games with the naive defending, and again the third goal was caused by that today. Our players need to learn quickly and turn all this nice football into a WIN, hopefully starting against West Brom!!!!

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"]You should e-mail the club and ask your suggestion is passed to PL...this could be the missing piece of the puzzle![/quote]Best. Reply. EVER [:D]

[quote user="birchfest"][quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"]You should e-mail the club and ask your suggestion is passed to PL...this could be the missing piece of the puzzle![/quote]Best. Reply. EVER [:D][/quote]Thank you, on that high note I will go to bed. [|-)]

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"]You should e-mail the club and ask your suggestion is passed to PL...this could be the missing piece of the puzzle![/quote]Don''t be so silly.. you can''t just send out a message as complicated as that and expect it to stick...I suggest we break this email down and include details of how to achieve this win.. Something like:Dear Mr Lambert,Please ensure we score at least one more goal than our opposition. This will ensure the procedure of achieving maximum points as achieved.Your Sincerely,PinkUn

The OP is, of course, absolutely correct. Playing well and losing is what Terry Venables many years ago termed ''fantasy football''. Yes, City played really well yesterday and that gives us all hope however WBA also played well at home to United and at Stamford Bridge, got 0 points from both and are currently in the bottom three. Get the idea? [:(]

But what a moronic time to post it,

We did not expect to get anything out of Stamford Bridge, so to come away with such a fantastic performance, holding them for so long, having chances to take the lead and only been beat by a penalty is in itself a great achievment.

I agree that had we got a point or even a win yesterday they would have been bonus points as ,as you say, this was one we would be expected to lose. From the TV highlights we seemed to have more than matched Chelsea and I have no problems with the penalty or red card even though I''m sure that Ramires was looking for the contact but that''s the rules these days, I don''t think that losing a game, whatever the circumstances, can be described as a great achievement.

of course we have to start winning and hopefully that will come vs West Brom.

if the performances were bad i''d be worried but since they''ve all in all been very good (i''m talking in the League only) i''m still very positive.  the games so far, esp the last 2, have shown how tough it is to win in this League.  Should we have won against Stoke? absolutely and the referee made a truly awful decision which cost us dear - someone mentioned yesterday that the ref was given a game this week in recognition of his mistake but i fail to see how that helps us.

Chelsea - we could have beat them, had Morison scored that great chance, or one of the other chances gone in then yes i think we would have won.  in the end, we concede another penalty (that has got to stop!) and the end result of 3 - 1 makes it look a lot more comfortable for Chelsea than it was.

baldyboy"]Now this isnt a criticism of the lads after a great effort today, but it is no use keep hearing people say we played well but only got a draw or were unlucky to lose. In this League we have to WIN and do it quickly, we went so long last time without winning and thats what ultimately cost us. We HAVE been unlucky so far but we have caused problems for ourselves in previous games with the naive defending, and again the third goal was caused by that today. Our players need to learn quickly and turn all this nice football into a WIN, hopefully starting against West Brom!!!!

Agree completely!

I thought we have battled very hard over the last 3 games and gave 2 established Premier sides a hard game as well as one of Europes top teams, Chelsea yesterday, but its nieve to keep going on about ref decisions and being unlucky!

Yesterday it was a penalty although the straight red was harsh. The reason we came to the foul which lead to the penalty was cause we had been ripped open with a quick break from Chelsea. Their 3rd goal came from below par defending!

That said it was Chelsea and we will play worse!

We can take heart from knowing we can pose anyone problems at this level but if we are to stay up we have to improve in certain areas and quickly!

I think Lambert and the team knows this and if we improve like we did last season then we can stay up!

I agree that the performances have warranted us being in the premier league we haven''t looked out of place over 90 minutes. Although that may still happen. We have looked threatening without pulling up trees and defensively we have held up against chelsea''s fine strike force and the strength of stoke.

But I do believe it isn''t a hopefully we will win against wba, it is a game I desperately think we need to win.

We have had unjust decisions, the players should be feeling clueed in to the prem, eager now to really open up. I think we have to win this game.

I also think wba will come here thinking it is an important game where a win could kick start their season and take three points from a promoted team. In turn it would really dampen our start to the season because points are what matters and after three good performances, for whatever reasons, we have not acquired the full 3 points.

I am looking forward to the game, gutted we have to wait so long. But I do think this is an important game for the whole season.

It is a very steep learning curve which we have to get on quickly, mistakes that have cost us in these three games have to be rectified. Concentration and execution now have to be fully realised in getting a win and it iwll be a good week at colney focussing on a game at carrow road where a win is a must.