Sign in to follow this  
Hooleyfan

Chelsea brand is tired and uninspiring

Considering their successes in recent history the Chelsea brand is really dull. Players who are clearly talented but lack passion, playing in front of a largely passive crowd, who have grown so accustomed to winning that apart from a fleeting celebration as goals go in,quickly return to armchair mode watching. Over-priced refreshments ripping off visitors and a virtually empty corporate box tier in the West stand is so far from our brand, you could mistake it for a different sport. I know there is a novelty about being back in the top flight, but we were fantastic yesterday, animated and loud from start to finish. I feel sorry for Blues fans and so glad to be Yellow.

I am beginning to miss the Championship already!

I was sitting in a corporate area of the East stand and had similar thoughts Hooleyfan

the away section was by a long way the loudest part of the ground, and apart from the goals and the music before kick off the crowd were largely quiet and passive.  the place is far too corporate, far too ''premium''.  it''s what i would imagine Red Bull Salzberg are like in Switzerland, or if Coca Cola were to create a football team and let the marketing department make all the decisions.

craziest of all, the bit i sat in costs £2,750 for a season ticket - you''d have to be a muppet to pay that

glad to a Norwich fan, no other team quite like us.  just hoping we start to get a few points on the board to go with our gutsy performances

"the away section was by a long way the loudest part of the ground, and apart from the goals and the music before kick off the crowd were largely quiet and passive"

Sounds familiar!

[quote user="San Miguel"]I was sitting in a corporate area of the East stand and had similar thoughts Hooleyfan

the away section was by a long way the loudest part of the ground, and apart from the goals and the music before kick off the crowd were largely quiet and passive.  the place is far too corporate, far too ''premium''.  it''s what i would imagine Red Bull Salzberg are like in Switzerland, or if Coca Cola were to create a football team and let the marketing department make all the decisions.

craziest of all, the bit i sat in costs £2,750 for a season ticket - you''d have to be a muppet to pay that

glad to a Norwich fan, no other team quite like us.  just hoping we start to get a few points on the board to go with our gutsy performances
[/quote]

You know what happens to gutsy and plucky teams in this league don''t you!

The word brand says it all. Chelsea are probably the fourth biggest club in London, after Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham. They just happen to have been bought by a Russian crook.

Watching the game on tv all I could hear was the Norwich fans.

Chelsea really are a pathetic excuse for a football club, followed by a motley mixture of unreconstructed racists and jonny-come-lately middle-class Tim Lovejoy-style tossers. The sooner Abramaovich gets bored and takes his roubles home with him and Chelsea sink back into obscurity, the better.

The Chelsea brand has been a massive success. Titles, great managers and now a global audience.

Forget the local fans. The global following in Asia and the US is now massive following the club for now 5 years actively while in this rich vein of form.

Prior to that many Asian fans are now thrid generation after families moved across to england and then families moved back home or passed on their love of chelsea then.

But there is no question that they are a global brand that are growing on a massive scale and that is what matters to them.

Last time I was at Anfield the atmosphere was the same and probably becasue we were Norwich, not a man u, arsenal, everton (for liverpool) etc.

What will happen to the club when RA leaves, dies. Just look at what happened to Jack Walker at Blackburn, its amazing they are still in the prem. hope this year however they may drop and we stay up.

[quote user="smooth"]The Chelsea brand has been a massive success. Titles, great managers and now a global audience. Forget the local fans. The global following in Asia and the US is now massive following the club for now 5 years actively while in this rich vein of form. Prior to that many Asian fans are now thrid generation after families moved across to england and then families moved back home or passed on their love of chelsea then. But there is no question that they are a global brand that are growing on a massive scale and that is what matters to them. Last time I was at Anfield the atmosphere was the same and probably becasue we were Norwich, not a man u, arsenal, everton (for liverpool) etc. What will happen to the club when RA leaves, dies. Just look at what happened to Jack Walker at Blackburn, its amazing they are still in the prem. hope this year however they may drop and we stay up.[/quote]

Totally agree with all of the above, but NCFC will have to be careful if they establish themselves in the prem and start pricing out the loyal fans that have made this club so great.

Dont worry Hooleyfan, you''ll soon be back there.

Norwich''s problem is they have a;ready shown they nor there supporters understand Premiership football, its not one league up from the championship, its a different ball gama altogether.

Secondly you have an inexperienced and nieve manager, and his errors cost you games against MK Dons (ohh it doesnt matter i hear you cry, well can you see any of the top teams loosing like that, winning mentality its called) and being very lucky against stoke last week.

and lastly - we all know you are in love with delia (was she sober yesterday) but wheres all the money going ?? When you lot were in the 2nd division you had a premiership ground, so why are they not spending money on players ? Delia (are you sober) is doing a "Chase" on you lot and youre too blind to see it - my bet is she and her lot have already calculated the balloon payment will be more than staying in the premiership.

Work it out numb-skulls - Does being in the premiership mean you lot get extra income ? are you attendances bigger? is it more expensive to get in ? Think about it - They are not buying premiership quality players, they buy on the cheap, they will be relegated as its good business for the board - its not rocket science

[quote user="lester"]Dont worry Hooleyfan, you''ll soon be back there.

Norwich''s problem is they have a;ready shown they nor there supporters understand Premiership football, its not one league up from the championship, its a different ball gama altogether.

Secondly you have an inexperienced and nieve manager, and his errors cost you games against MK Dons (ohh it doesnt matter i hear you cry, well can you see any of the top teams loosing like that, winning mentality its called) and being very lucky against stoke last week.

and lastly - we all know you are in love with delia (was she sober yesterday) but wheres all the money going ?? When you lot were in the 2nd division you had a premiership ground, so why are they not spending money on players ? Delia (are you sober) is doing a "Chase" on you lot and youre too blind to see it - my bet is she and her lot have already calculated the balloon payment will be more than staying in the premiership.

Work it out numb-skulls - Does being in the premiership mean you lot get extra income ? are you attendances bigger? is it more expensive to get in ? Think about it - They are not buying premiership quality players, they buy on the cheap, they will be relegated as its good business for the board - its not rocket science[/quote]I''m sure I speak for the majority on here when I say thank you for offering your opinion from such a lofty, educated position. If we didn''t have an individual such as yourself putting us to rights then who knows what nonsense we''d be spouting.

Work it out numb-skulls - Does being in the premiership mean you lot get extra income ? are you attendances bigger? is it more expensive to get in ? Think about it - They are not buying premiership quality players, they buy on the cheap, they will be relegated as its good business for the board - its not rocket science[/quote]

Why dont you just fuck off? We more than matched Chelsea for large parts yesterday and had we not given away a pen + had JR sent off we''d have drawn the game.

[quote user="San Miguel"]I was sitting in a corporate area of the East stand and had similar thoughts Hooleyfanthe away section was by a long way the loudest part of the ground, and apart from the goals and the music before kick off the crowd were largely quiet and passive.  the place is far too corporate, far too ''premium''.  it''s what i would imagine Red Bull Salzberg are like in Switzerland, or if Coca Cola were to create a football team and let the marketing department make all the decisions.craziest of all, the bit i sat in costs £2,750 for a season ticket - you''d have to be a muppet to pay thatglad to a Norwich fan, no other team quite like us.  just hoping we start to get a few points on the board to go with our gutsy performances[/quote]The same Red Bull Salzberg that play in the Austrian Bundesliga? You know, Austria, the birthplace of Hitler and Arnie? That country near to Germany, with the capital city called Salzberg?As for your point, the Red Bull Salzberg treatment is much less Chelsea and much more MK Dons. They declared a new club and deny all former club history, a new club formed by fans called SV Austria Salzburg is the equivalent of AFC Wimbledon.It''s somewhat ironic that Chelsea are the least likely club in the country to ever become a franchise though, isn''t it? There is a convenent which says that the Chelsea fans own Stamford Bridge and that the club can never be relocated. Contrast that to our club, who a year or so ago stated that the sale of Carrow Road is a possibility before having to backtrack following outrage!!It won''t be long until Red Bull try and buy a club here, they already have New York Red Bulls and RB Leipzig, if the anti-Delia bunch on here had their way then we might be seeing the Red Bull Stadium built in Thetford, where we can watch Red Bull Norfolk in a red and white strip.

Work it out numb-skulls - Does being in the premiership mean you lot get extra income ? are you attendances bigger? is it more expensive to get in ? Think about it - They are not buying premiership quality players, they buy on the cheap, they will be relegated as its good business for the board - its not rocket science[/quote]I''ve heard that Old Trafford is running out of prawns Lester, run along and stock up from Tesco''s! Your post was so moronic that it isn''t worthy of my comment. I''m interested in  hearing more about how "Premier League grounds" have integrated money printing machines which work no matter what division you are in.

Work it out numb-skulls - Does being in the premiership mean you lot get extra income ? are you attendances bigger? is it more expensive to get in ? Think about it - They are not buying premiership quality players, they buy on the cheap, they will be relegated as its good business for the board - its not rocket science[/quote][IMG]http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/d9077.gif[/IMG]

Work it out numb-skulls - Does being in the premiership mean you lot get extra income ? are you attendances bigger? is it more expensive to get in ? Think about it - They are not buying premiership quality players, they buy on the cheap, they will be relegated as its good business for the board - its not rocket science[/quote]Probably the most laughable post I have read on this forum for quite some time. I love it when some billy big bollocks decides to come on our forum and attempt to educate us on something they clearly know nothing about.Back on topic and I agree with the OP, Chelsea FC lost it''s soul the second they allowed a Russian crook to take over. Stamford bridge used to be a place of great character and once upon a time Chelsea had a very passionate and vocal support of grass root fans, many of them don''t go to games anymore or even follow the club because they have been priced out and overtaken by the prawn sandwhich brigade and gloryhunting armchair fans who you can spot all over the world wearing the Chelsea brand shirt because of it''s recent success. Makes me proud to be a yellow when I compare the two respective clubs.