Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Awful club merchandise

To me the superbowl t shirts is such an easy idea a colection of all our great achievements.

The cup run 1959, promotions to division 1, cup final success in 1985, Beating Bayern Munich in 93-94.

These monument achievements with dates, scorelines, pictures of wembley or iconic images of those who brought us that achievement. Is such an easy idea.

Secondly seat covers, so if you are in the Jarrold you get comfy seats. Well in the US you can buy seat cover cushions, cheap and can be wiped down. They can again have the crest and favourite players

It frustrates me highly of our ineptness in such an easy way to get our name known across the world and to be proud of our merchadise which leads to many more sales and larger revenue.

Padded seats were on offer last season (at a price) but from what I can gather there weren''t many who wanted them.

[quote user="Harry"]Padded seats were on offer last season (at a price) but from what I can gather there weren''t many who wanted them.[/quote]

---

Well, I bought one, but only because I misread the order form. I thought it was a padded cell I was buying...[;)]

I apologise I dodn''t finish not seats basically a cushion with a handle they cost about $5 in the states, you just bring it along yourself like a cushion.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Another thread bites the dust...
[/quote]

---

Not in this case, I think, Chops, despite the degeneration into predictable idiocy. However it came about, someone at Carrow Road, and presumably someone fairly senior, because these decisions are not made by assistants, put on sale official merchandise that had the club''s name wrong. Either that or no-one ever actually checked the merchandise. Which is hard to believe. You rightly raised it and TIL 1010 took the trouble to email McNally. It is not an issue that will be forgotten.

[/quote]

Ignoring the now fashionable tendency for posters to become "plastic mods"

[/quote]

Or the increasingly fashionable tendency to turn any thread on any subject into a frankly tedious mud slinging match between the usual suspects...

[/quote]

How I hope I''m a usual suspect[Y]

How about the never outdated fashionable tendency to use this board as a place to whine, whinge and moan about something Norwich City related[:O]

If it''s not the manager, the cook or the board it''s the club shop or bar prices or ticket allocations. Nobody would be bothered by the merchandise if there was something football orientated to whine about. [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Another thread bites the dust...[/quote]

---

Not in this case, I think, Chops, despite the degeneration into predictable idiocy. However it came about, someone at Carrow Road, and presumably someone fairly senior, because these decisions are not made by assistants, put on sale official merchandise that had the club''s name wrong. Either that or no-one ever actually checked the merchandise. Which is hard to believe. You rightly raised it and TIL 1010 took the trouble to email McNally. It is not an issue that will be forgotten.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or the increasingly fashionable tendency to turn any thread on any subject into a frankly tedious mud slinging match between the usual suspects...

[/quote]

How about the never outdated fashionable tendency to use this board as a place to whine, whinge and moan about something Norwich City related[:O]

If it''s not the manager, the cook or the board it''s the club shop or bar prices or ticket allocations. Nobody would be bothered by the merchandise if there was something football orientated to whine about. [;)]

[/quote]I think "official" merchandise being labelled "Norwich FC" is shoddy and undermines the argument the club are using to take on "On The Ball" beer.  I think that a NCFC related message board is the right place to raise it.  Other people agree, two have raised it with the club.  I would have raised it mid-season or out of season as it has nothing to do with events on the pitch.  You are bright enough to understand this, but as usual your disappointing contribution has been to roll out the usual "Crafty and Tangie" tedium.  But I know, Nutty, I know.... "but they started it".  That should be your message board signature.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

---

I''m sorry, nutty, but this is nonsense from start to finish. Since, as you posted only a day or so ago, the club has pretty much scrapped any meaningful consultation, this is one of the few places that fans can have a whinge. And since, as I understand it, this board is required reading at Carrow Road, it is probably as effective a place as any for a whinge.

As to this particular issue being a silly-season complaint that wouldn''t raise an eyebrow if football had started, that doesn''t stand up to a moment''s thought either. People would be bothered at any time of the year about official merchandise with the club''s name wrong. I''m baffled that anyone could think this was not something worth pursuing, and baffled by the more general idea that true supporters should not criticise the club. On the contrary, that is exactly what true supporters should do when necessary.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Another thread bites the dust...
[/quote]

---

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think "official" merchandise being labelled "Norwich FC" is shoddy and undermines the argument the club are using to take on "On The Ball" beer.  I think that a NCFC related message board is the right place to raise it.  Other people agree, two have raised it with the club.  I would have raised it mid-season or out of season as it has nothing to do with events on the pitch.  You are bright enough to understand this, but as usual your disappointing contribution has been to roll out the usual "Crafty and Tangie" tedium.  But I know, Nutty, I know.... "but they started it".  That should be your message board signature.

[/quote]

I think that you are probably a wanna be traffic warden Mister. I think you''d love to have a say on who parks their car where just like you are a wannabe mod who would love to have a say on who posts what where.

I think you are wannabe "one or two people who raised it with the club". But they did it and you didn''t[:O]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

---

I''m sorry, nutty, but this is nonsense from start to finish. Since, as you posted only a day or so ago, the club has pretty much scrapped any meaningful consultation, this is one of the few places that fans can have a whinge. And since, as I understand it, this board is required reading at Carrow Road, it is probably as effective a place as any for a whinge.

As to this particular issue being a silly-season complaint that wouldn''t raise an eyebrow if football had started, that doesn''t stand up to a moment''s thought either. People would be bothered at any time of the year about official merchandise with the club''s name wrong. I''m baffled that anyone could think this was not something worth pursuing, and baffled by the more general idea that true supporters should not criticise the club. On the contrary, that is exactly what true supporters should do when necessary.

[/quote]

I never saw the meaningful consultation that the club used to have as a place where fans could whinge. I saw positives where you see negatives. Consultation isn''t supporters having a whinge about what''s happened. It''s fans views being considered before it''s happened.

Nobody said anything about true supporters Purple. I think you are being michevious. Nobody said that the club was beyond criticism either.

Purple, how many positive threads have moved one or two posters to email the club? How many have emailed McNally about something the club shop sells that they like?

[quote user="smooth"]I apologise I dodn''t finish not seats basically a cushion with a handle they cost about $5 in the states, you just bring it along yourself like a cushion.[/quote]

They used to have them years ago in the old Main Stand...until the linesman made a dodgy decision and a load used to be aimed in his direction!

Does anyone know where I can get a t-shirt which says Chicken stock and beef stock with pictures of oxo cubes then says laughing stock with a picture of the scum badge?

thanks

[quote user="yellow blood"]

[quote user="smooth"]I apologise I dodn''t finish not seats basically a cushion with a handle they cost about $5 in the states, you just bring it along yourself like a cushion.[/quote]

They used to have them years ago in the old Main Stand...until the linesman made a dodgy decision and a load used to be aimed in his direction!

[/quote]

And that is exactly why you wont see removable seat cushions in any football ground in this country.  Otherwise you''ll get a certain lunatic fringe filling theirs with bricks, firelighters (and then setting fire to them), or other miscellaneous weaponry to be aimed at opposing players, fans, or in some case same side players and fans - as well as match officials

Finally had a reply from McNally see below, what do you think from what he says sales could not be better I think you can only buy what''s available and If there was a better choice sales would be even better?

Dear St. John,

Thank you for your note.

I would make the following comments:

- We always buy what we believe will sell.

- Decisions are  based on high street fashion trends, supplier recommendations and known best sellers in the market place.

- We continually review range, sizing and quantities.

- We are delighted to report record shirt sales and  a really encouraging introduction of the new Errea training wear range.

- Our sales are significantly above and are double last year''s results year to date.

- We have increased leisurewear sales through all ranges, leading to many repeat orders.

- We have extended the leisurewear mix across all ages and styles from subtle crest branding to bolder designs and colours.

- We have increased accessories sales with many repeat orders.

- We have received excellent feedback from Football League mystery shopper report.

- Our successful retail focus groups will be repeated throughout the season.

You also ask for my opinion. In many ways, it is irrelevant. What is relevant though, is the opinion of as many supporters as possible and we continue to get great feedback from supporters at focus groups.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Regards,

David

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="yellow blood"]

[/quote]

And that is exactly why you wont see removable seat cushions in any football ground in this country.  Otherwise you''ll get a certain lunatic fringe filling theirs with bricks, firelighters (and then setting fire to them), or other miscellaneous weaponry to be aimed at opposing players, fans, or in some case same side players and fans - as well as match officials

[/quote]sounds like your average Sunday league game Paul ;)

Pleased for you thef and well done for posting[Y]

I had a really nice grey hoodie bought me for my birthday. My grandson has one too. We both really like them[Y]

Maybe someone will read this and email McNally thanking him for selling these hoodies in the shop[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Pleased for you thef and well done for posting[Y]

I had a really nice grey hoodie bought me for my birthday. My grandson has one too. We both really like them[Y]

Maybe someone will read this and email McNally thanking him for selling these hoodies in the shop[;)]

[/quote]

That''s next on my list of things to do, after I get that Astra with the "Norwich FC" bumper sticker to move out of the disabled space.

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]Finally had a reply from McNally see below, what do you think from what he says sales could not be better I think you can only buy what''s available and If there was a better choice sales would be even better? Dear St. John,   Thank you for your note.   I would make the following comments:   - We always buy what we believe will sell. - Decisions are  based on high street fashion trends, supplier recommendations and known best sellers in the market place. - We continually review range, sizing and quantities. - We are delighted to report record shirt sales and  a really encouraging introduction of the new Errea training wear range. - Our sales are significantly above and are double last year''s results year to date. - We have increased leisurewear sales through all ranges, leading to many repeat orders. - We have extended the leisurewear mix across all ages and styles from subtle crest branding to bolder designs and colours. - We have increased accessories sales with many repeat orders. - We have received excellent feedback from Football League mystery shopper report. - Our successful retail focus groups will be repeated throughout the season.   You also ask for my opinion. In many ways, it is irrelevant. What is relevant though, is the opinion of as many supporters as possible and we continue to get great feedback from supporters at focus groups.   Thanks again for the feedback.   Regards,   David[/quote]

I also received an e-mail today from Mr McNally regarding the "Norwich FC" merchandise.Two lines have been removed from sale in the shop as they were an "error".He thanked me for the feedback and then i got the same content as St.JC above.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]Finally had a reply from McNally see below, what do you think from what he says sales could not be better I think you can only buy what''s available and If there was a better choice sales would be even better? Dear St. John,   Thank you for your note.   I would make the following comments:   - We always buy what we believe will sell. - Decisions are  based on high street fashion trends, supplier recommendations and known best sellers in the market place. - We continually review range, sizing and quantities. - We are delighted to report record shirt sales and  a really encouraging introduction of the new Errea training wear range. - Our sales are significantly above and are double last year''s results year to date. - We have increased leisurewear sales through all ranges, leading to many repeat orders. - We have extended the leisurewear mix across all ages and styles from subtle crest branding to bolder designs and colours. - We have increased accessories sales with many repeat orders. - We have received excellent feedback from Football League mystery shopper report. - Our successful retail focus groups will be repeated throughout the season.   You also ask for my opinion. In many ways, it is irrelevant. What is relevant though, is the opinion of as many supporters as possible and we continue to get great feedback from supporters at focus groups.   Thanks again for the feedback.   Regards,   David[/quote]

I also received an e-mail today from Mr McNally regarding the "Norwich FC" merchandise.Two lines have been removed from sale in the shop as they were an "error".He thanked me for the feedback and then i got the same content as St.JC above.

[/quote]

Thanks for that, TIL 1010.