Sign in to follow this  

CL the 25 man-squad dictates eight players within it are ''homegrown''. This simply means signed to, and played, for a team for three season before the age of twenty-one. Anyone under the age of twenty-one and plays does not have to be named in the 25 man-squad - only those above.

Hopefully CMS ends up going for £6mill to QPR or something ridiculous, and then we can at least breathe a sigh of relief we didn''t get into a bidding war over him (Well, once we''ve stopped laughing ourselves stupid at QPR of course).

This is a point I have made before but I think we have to be careful about all of this "proven at a higher level" stuff. Most of our players weren''t "proven" (in fact I''m not entirely sure what that means) in the Championship until they came second! Take , for example the back four in the last game. Tierney, Martin, (definately not), Whitbread , (impossible to say because of injury), and Ward (who played for Coventry and generally finished mid table and is in my humble opinion the weakest of the four).

Morrison isnt proven. Neither is any of the team. Lambert doesnt seem to do "proven".

And for the record if I was CMS I would be beating the door down to sign for Lambert as I think he is exactly the player that Lambert gets the best out of. I''m sure the wages at QPR will be higher but will Colin develop CMS in the same way?

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

This is a point I have made before but I think we have to be careful about all of this "proven at a higher level" stuff. Most of our players weren''t "proven" (in fact I''m not entirely sure what that means) in the Championship until they came second! Take , for example the back four in the last game. Tierney, Martin, (definately not), Whitbread , (impossible to say because of injury), and Ward (who played for Coventry and generally finished mid table and is in my humble opinion the weakest of the four).

Morrison isnt proven. Neither is any of the team. Lambert doesnt seem to do "proven".

And for the record if I was CMS I would be beating the door down to sign for Lambert as I think he is exactly the player that Lambert gets the best out of. I''m sure the wages at QPR will be higher but will Colin develop CMS in the same way?

[/quote]I''ve covered this numerous times myself over the course of the past two years; however the crux of the matter is that Lambert only looks to gravitate around players that have something to prove.They''re the only player that fits into Lamberts ethos. As soon as one has proven what they wished to have proved, they''re forever content resting on their laurels. Even after a Champions League victory, Lambert was never such a player, neither will he be such a manager.Ask Lambert whether he''s ''proven'', and even now he''ll shy away from any assertions, other than "nothing, yet".It''s this exact mentality that has Sir Alex Ferguson gunning for titles every season. Sitting by, in awe of past days of glory as a provision for your ego for the times of the tomorrow, never enters the equation here.I generally consider the term ''proven'' to be a deal-breaker in football - not what i want around my club whilst it has something to prove.

Bang on GPB. I need say no more......other than see you tomorrow night for the Bury Yellas Promotion Party.

Yee Hah!

I love you Paul Lambert and I want your babies

[quote user="CroftsNumber1Fan"]Don''t be stupid we would never get rid of Jackson just like that. Yes the majority of his season wasn''t great but he more than made up for that during the closing stages and has way more than earnt his chance at the top flight.[/quote]

Er excuse me ''Crofts Number 1 Fan'', I am well aware that Simeon has earned his right for a shot at the topflight, thank you very much. For the record, when he was getting stick before his run of games and subsequent hot streak it was the likes of Alysha, Smudger, and myself that were defending Jacko to the hilt and basically saying ''Stop doubting his ability, just doubt his current confidence levels'' - His crucial part in our promotion campaign was never in doubt for a handful of us.

He more than deserves his shot, and will get it I''m sure, I was merely throwing a ''what if'' scenario into the debate. I''d be the last person that would not want him to get that shot. 110% pro Jacko and ALWAYS have been.

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="CroftsNumber1Fan"]Don''t be stupid we would never get rid of Jackson just like that. Yes the majority of his season wasn''t great but he more than made up for that during the closing stages and has way more than earnt his chance at the top flight.[/quote] Er excuse me ''Crofts Number 1 Fan'', I am well aware that Simeon has earned his right for a shot at the topflight, thank you very much. For the record, when he was getting stick before his run of games and subsequent hot streak it was the likes of Alysha, Smudger, and myself that were defending Jacko to the hilt and basically saying ''Stop doubting his ability, just doubt his current confidence levels'' - His crucial part in our promotion campaign was never in doubt for a handful of us. He more than deserves his shot, and will get it I''m sure, I was merely throwing a ''what if'' scenario into the debate. I''d be the last person that would not want him to get that shot. 110% pro Jacko and ALWAYS have been.[/quote]

Yes well all this won''t matter a jot because Wigan have Bid £3 mill, for CMS and can see FRY rubbing his hands hopine for QPR to outbid them, when will they realise we don''t need him  

[quote user="pete_norw"]......................Wigan have Bid £3 mill, for CMS and can see FRY rubbing his hands hopine for QPR to outbid them, when will they realise we don''t need him  [/quote]That''s being said in the national press but surely CMS could do a bit better than Wigan ?

I would certainly class us as a better prospect than Wigan. I do like Dave Whelan though, someone who has thrown his heart, soul and money into that club.