Sign in to follow this  
newcastle uni canary

Would we have been champions if..

[quote user="newcastle uni canary"]We got pacheco at the start of the season. im not saying that lambert missed a trick or anything.[/quote]And if he had been reasonably successful, we might not have gone in for Simeon Jackson.  You will never know, but I think Lambert played a pretty perfect season to over-achieve to the extent we have.

If, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if - there''s hundreds of them.

This forum would be better if people didn''t start pointless threads

Shouldn''t that be ''This forum would be *empty* if people didn''t start pointless threads''?

[quote user="Making Plans"]

If, if, if, if, if, if, if, if, if - there''s hundreds of them.

This forum would be better if people didn''t start pointless threads

[/quote]How is it a pointless thread when in fact the point is that the OP believes we could have perhaps won the league with a striker of Pacheco''s class all season? I believe that''s the very definition of having a point?People still bang on about "If we''d have signed Ashton in the summer we''d have stayed up so where''s the problem in discussing what Pacheco could have brought to the team if he''d been here all season.OP - I don''t think that Pacheco would have been able to have as much joy if he''d have been in the squad from the off. He''s a young player who had never really played any professional first team football before he came to us. He had the advantage of coming in to a team who was winning at the time and there was a great buzz about the area. This will have made it a lot easier for him to settle.I think we would have always been going for Jackson as a permanent move regardless of if we''d have gotten Pacheco on loan as Lambert seems to base his signings on their attitudes as well as their ability. We''d all heard about how well he''d been playing for Gillingham and thought he would be a massive hit here. Pacheco would have just been the proverbial icing on the cake as a summer signing.He could have been an option during Jackson''s "Barren streak" but as seen this season, regardless of other options, Lambert felt that Jackson would "come good." Perhaps Pacheco would have had no more opportunities than he had in the time he was here.I''m happy we''ve gone up and have concerns* over our strikers in the Prem next season. Pacheco in the squad come August would go some way to allay those concerns.*These concerns are solely based on the unknown, not their current ability.

we needed to sign pacheco exactly when we did, things happen for a reason :)

I think Lambert should have picked me instead...yes i am fat and over the hill (footballing wise), yes I can''t run very far but I would have given 100% and Parkin wouldn''t have been walking wheh he hit that volley from 30 yards!

Another ''if'' to add to the list is that plonker ref at Reading. Cost us two points, which along with Wes''s penalty misses and all the other ''if''s'' would have got us the title.if if if if if.....

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="newcastle uni canary"]We got pacheco at the start of the season. im not saying that lambert missed a trick or anything.
[/quote]

And if he had been reasonably successful, we might not have gone in for Simeon Jackson.  You will never know, but I think Lambert played a pretty perfect season to over-achieve to the extent we have.
[/quote]

We had Jackson at the start of the season.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="newcastle uni canary"]We got pacheco at the start of the season. im not saying that lambert missed a trick or anything.[/quote]And if he had been reasonably successful, we might not have gone in for Simeon Jackson.  You will never know, but I think Lambert played a pretty perfect season to over-achieve to the extent we have.[/quote]

We had Jackson at the start of the season.

[/quote]Did he ever say that we didn''t? [:S]