Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Pathetic Sky news

Watching Sky news this morning and they reported on last nights civic reception,i could not believe my eyes or ears as i watched them show vt of last years open top bus clebrations,the reporter then commented on how Norwich used last years promotion bus that had League one champions on to save on money perhaps,what a complete piece of lazy journalism,bow your heads in shame Sky News.

Given they actually sent their own camera crew and presenter down that is an astounding piece of incompetence by their production team.

Their coverage was ok nd I like Simon Thomas but he was like a broken record and if you watched it for more than 5 minutes it was like he was on a loop and couldnt think of anything new to say

Its extremely annoying, but I do wonder if this complete media ignorance of Norwich City is going to play into our hands a little in the first stages of next season, as pundits and some clubs are taken somewhat by surprise by the calibre of some of our lesser-known players.

Whilst they will likely have videos of our main goal-scoring threats, I wonder how many Prem clubs will have bothered to scout the likes of Martin, Tierney, Crofts and Fox by the time the Premiership season kicks off.

I can envisage the first MOTD of the season as Hansen and co. comment on our commendable draw at Eastlands, purring over the attacking ability of Martin and the sublime passing of Fox...

All this continued ignorance does is keep us out of the spotlight for a time and create an underdog status our players seem to thrive on...

Sky were there last night but we can''t expect it to be top news for long as things move on. Disappointing about last night was when PL was talking on the balcony Simon Thomas talked all the way through his speech. Now as much as I like Simon Thomas, I''d much prefer to hear PL when he talks as those moments are alot fewer than the sky presenter.

OTBC

Actually felt quite sorry for Simon last night - obviously he has to try & remain impartial & report on proceedings for the general audience but as a fan he must have just wanted to be down in the crowd singing with the rest of us.

I do think though that the producers on Sky Sports News could have been a bit more generous with when they decided to come across to the parade - surely would have made more sense just to come across when there was a lull in the interviews etc.

I''m disappointed with Simon. When we were at Castle Meadow we kept chanting for him to give us a wave and he never did - very unprofessional :P

[quote user="canaryfan68"]

Sky were there last night but we can''t expect it to be top news for long as things move on. Disappointing about last night was when PL was talking on the balcony Simon Thomas talked all the way through his speech. Now as much as I like Simon Thomas, I''d much prefer to hear PL when he talks as those moments are alot fewer than the sky presenter.

OTBC

[/quote]

Me an all! I got totally cheesed off with that, so much so that I went and listened to Radio Norfolk whilst having terrestrial TV on for the piccies. I was so looking forward to Simon Thomas showing his allegiance during the piece, but he rambled on about nothing whilst PL was doing his bit.

Sky and ITV''s news coverage are awful.  seriously if the Sun newpaper did a tv news program it would be more considered and informative  - and i really hate the Sun newspaper.  but at least then it would be a different kind of tit on the screen...

"seriously if the Sun newpaper did a tv news program it would be more considered and informative "

not so sure if they could get away with ''borrowing'' stuff from other sources as they do with their football coverage