Sign in to follow this  
macclesfield  canary

daryl russell

Hahahhahahahahahhah god I''ve got a hangover from hell today seriously great night last night and a big middle finger up to any players who didn''t want to stay during the roeder erra and after can''t believe how successful this club has become great backroom staff great manager great team and amazing fans. God I''m buzzing!!!!!!!!!!!

Darel Russell said on Twitter last night, and i quote "Well done Norwich! my former club, Great fans, great stadium, really proud of you guys"Macclesfield Canary... you are a bell end!

[quote user="macclesfield canary"]Shut the fu(k up morty you "purist" tw@[/quote]Fuck you mate.

Are you really so pathetic that rather than just be happy for our team that you feel the need to slag off former players?

Russell played an important part in the process of where we are today. He did really well in that anchor role last year. Fox has ultimately proved a step forward as his distribution is unreal. But his contribution along with the likes of the Doc and Nelson shouldnt be forgotten. I hope Nelson gets a medal if QPR are stripped off the title he deserves one.

What an idiot! He only left because he want to stay here even longer and then by the time he had wanted to agree he had been replaced. Why are we feeling the need to slate people whe we can just focus on the men that actually got us there.

[quote user="morty"]Are you really so pathetic that rather than just be happy for our team that you feel the need to slag off former players?

[/quote]

Well, it''s better than slagging off current players as plenty of people have done on this message board this year.

We wouldn''t have gotten out of league 1 were it not for his absolutely immense performances in the anchor  role that season so I''m with the majority that believe your post was unnecessary and not needed.

Left us - we get promoted.
Left Stoke - they get promoted.
Left us again - we get promoted again.

Preston, when you''re back in the championship, get rid of him asap!

I feel sorry for Rssell although if he had stayed i dont think we would have gone up. he was replaced by Crofts and his goals won us precious points

After Russell told us in March that he hoped for a warm reception when he returned with PNE I blogged my personal reaction to that. My view has been for a long time that he always tried hard for us but simply wasn''t as good as he thinks he is.

Indeed it obviously hadn''t occurred to him that he might not be picked for that game - he wasn''t - which rather proves the point.

Whilst I stick by my views on his playing career in general I don''t see that as a reason to abuse him now. He''s made his decisions and got what he deserves - including the probably unique hat-trick I alluded to at the end of that piece.

He''ll do well in League One - that''s his level. I''m glad he''s glad for us, but deep down he must surely be hurting not to be part of it - yet again.

Yes I must appologise was a bit hungover was stupid post really given the great achievement we made last night. Very childish given the circumstances of where we are today sorry fellow canaries

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Russell has been key to all of our promotions. Especially the two he left before :D[/quote]

Funnily enough, I remember Russell dominating a game away at Portsmouth many years ago. A quagmire of a pitch on a Sunday afternoon screened live on TV. We won that one too.

Blimey, can''t people just enjoy the moment?!

I saw Darel''s tweet about us last night and I thought fair play to him.  Plenty of other ex-players were tweeting about us too (Gary Holt and Paul McVeigh) to name 2 - all were very complimentary...even Michael Owen said we looked good.

Just enjoy the fact that the players we have had this season have helped to get us into the Premiership.

eieieio!