Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

The Bias Of Anglia TV!.

hi higgler and thank you .I have sky dig but I was still referring to terrestrial v coverage. Also when I cannot attend a match I have Sky on all sat afternoon seeing the goals come in and the occasional report. I have noticed bias to West Brom , Wigan etc in their in match reports as well! has anyone else noticed this . Oh by the way I e-mailed Chris Kamara again about the non -coverage etc of NCFC-no reply. But I have now noticed slightly that football pundits are now beginning to say things like that they had always thought that Norwich would of course been their choice for automatic promotion if asked before the season!-Funny that eh?

Hey Wiz, have the veins in your forehead burst yet? Good to see you having an almighty rant once again...

Some things to note:

Ipswich fans think Anglia are biased towards Norwich. In fact, Anglia''s satellite van often gets pelted at Portaloo Rd for precisely that reason.

It''s part of TV legislation that companies must not show bias towards the city/county they are based in if they cover more than one county. To this point, most companies will err on the side of caution and give their immediate local area LESS coverage than other areas. Hence probably slightly more coverage of Ipswich, as they are the next highest ranking team in the region.

This season there will be more live coverage on Sky of City than the Binners. Most TV companies will assume that viewers have had a chance to see these games and will therefore go easy on the highlights and concentrate on games not shown live. Once again, Ipswich will generally have the lion''s share of that coverage.

All in all, it''s pretty fair - each set of supporters think they don''t get enough coverage.

Trust me, if we get within a few points of promotion, you will hear nothing but Norwich.

Yours,

The King

Irish Canary:
Thank you for the clarification of certain details, I''m sure you realise that I have to take with a pinch of salt your claim of being a ''director'' of certain football related programmes. This is mainly because of the nature of these boards unfortunatly, I''m afraid, there are a few ''wind up'' merchants on here, as you no doubt are aware of.

Of course you may be 100% kosher, in which case I will certainly apologise. But I still say Anglia are bias, for I see it with my own two eyes, and I don''t intend shifting from that position, despite your well constructed dispute of my claim, Sorry my friend.

Mr King:
Sire: Am I getting back to my old self?, I am trying to, as this does''nt violate my self imposed gag on moaning, its just so hard to complain with things going so well for the lads at the moment, the blood pressure is rising as I write, and I have to release the pressure someway or other, and you know very well how much I enjoy it!.

Wizard if you have a copy of last weeks program you will see the director has an irish first name, as i was born in Ireland of Irish/english parents, but feel free to ask any more questions about the prog. If Tacklebury is online, he can confirm who i am, we both work for Anglia.

Wizard if you want more proof, this Sundays Soccer Sunday will be directed by Sandra Tull. How would i know this, if it is not me or Sandra that does it

In that case Irish Canary of course I apologise without reservation for ever doubting your credentials. But I will not change my stance on the bias issue, despite all your reassurence''s to the contary, I still end up yelling at the screen sometimes in sheer frustration, it does seem so obvious at times.

And I have, as I said, been a regular viewer of Anglia TV for many, many years, even appearing on it once as a studio guest (I still have the tape by the way) so I realise just how long 45 secs are in valuable airtime.

In that case Irish Canary, I hope to see at least 10 mins of Norwich Vs West Ham on this weekends Soccer Sunday, should be no excuses as Norwich are at Home and it''s going to be one of the games of the season.

Irish Canary:

Almost forgot, am I breaking any copyright laws recording my own private season highlight tape from TV?, I would prefer buying the highlight''s on DVD, but the only one''s avalible are Region 0, and these will not play very well in my machine (this is a top of the range model). Why Oh why are''nt they released in the standard Region 2?.

hi all

blimey has this subject got everyone worked up or what?

i have to say in my experience i find bbc totally biased towards ipswich and anglia towards norwich, not that i watch either side religiously every monday evening and can report that yes, kevin piper is 100% a norwich fan and that person on bbc, Stewart White (correct me if i am wrong) is the other way inclined lol

but spare a thought for those of us who don''t even live in the anglia region - you would be grateful for anything shown on anglia/look east then - i can tell you!

Wiz last seasons review was region 2, Happened to call in to the Carrow Rd shop today and they had all region 2 dvd''s. As for the copyright law issue i would assume (dont know this for fact) you can record it, but would be in trouble if you sold it or gave public viewings.

Cheers Irish Canary, when I contacted the club shop via the nnet, they sent me an e''mail stating they were Region 0, as is printed on their website, I feel (a visit coming on) would be my best policy. And Yes, my video highlight'' tape is for my pleasure only. Many Thanks.

Well Golden Goal seller Norwich got 7mins 41 secs of yesterdays 23min prog Ipswich got 2.18 hope you now believe me. Should have equal amounts next week as City are on Sky, so the whole match will be recorded and ipswich are at home.

Can I just say that the presesnter of ''Goals on Sunday'' is supposed to be a Norwich fan! I too have notice how bias they are, and even when the program was introduced a few weeks ago they said it would be showing highlights of the ipswich game, but no mention of Norwich, who had just won and incase anyone hadn''t notice are top of the league!