Sign in to follow this  
jeagle

Super Chris

I agree urdie, lazy player, has scored four league goals, jackson has as well and but works a damn site harder tham Martin.

CMS scored 10 goals in a sh*te side in the championship, in a better team creating more chances he would find the net.

Don''t think he has a good season and despite all the criticism Jackson gets, he has scored the same amount of leage goals as Martin in less game time. However, in his last game for us before his injury he seemed a lot sharper and more up for the game after some dissapointing performances in previous weeks. Hoping he will come back in the same manner

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]Finally!!!Hes dreadfully lazy only loved by team cabbage followers[/quote]

AND THE MANAGER OF THE CLUB

And you say its your opinion, well its one of the few times, when an opinion can really be proved wrong. Do you really think Lambert would be playing a lazy player?

And also, a prime example of Chris Martin''s effort. Go watch the away 3-3 draw with Reading. The second half, for 20 mins or so when Martin was up front on his own (and until he came off, after Jackson came on) he chased every single hoof up the field. Scored, as i remember he either set up Holts goal and/or another one of one chance Holt missed.

Chris Martin is not lazy, he just doesn''t run about as much as Holt, which quite blatantly makes it look like Martin doesn''t do very much. But also, if Holts doing all the running, Martin shouldn''t be chasing after the same ball at the same time should he? If if he''s not putting in any effort, he wouldn''t be in the team.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Al Catraz"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Gingerpele"]He also said he knew nothing about the CMS bid.... Not everything he says is true. I really don''t get why people think we need another striker, how are we second now? Yes another striker would be nice, but seriously, were second, and why would we suddenly stop playing football? I know form can drop, but we will be fine. And Chris Martin is definatly not rubbish, he may not have scored much, but Holt didn''t look like he would at the start (yes i know he wasn''t fit) Martin has a big part to play in this team, the partnership him, Holt and Hoolahan formed last season, has carried on this season, but because he isn''t scoring, he''s not getting the praise he maybe deserves (apart from me :P) I am really getting quite fed up, with all this ''we need a loan'' blah, its been said since Janurary, and we have moved up places, 2/3/4 weeks ago, along with the ''we need a loan'' comments, people where saying we wouldn''t make the play-offs if we didn''t get one. But we are now second, we are not losing games, and in the last 4/5 games we probably have the best form out of the top 6/7 teams.[/quote]

Very well said GP... [Y]

Any striker that we sign will need to play 10, 15, 20 games on the spin without being dropped before they find their goalscoring boots.  Isn''t it about time our so called fans supported Martin and Jackson instead of berating two players whose records this season when you consider the amount of minutes that they have spent on the pitch and the constant tinkering with our forward line isn''t that bad???

Some people on here have just obviously never played football beyond a kick around on the park, or at the beach in their lives!!!
[/quote]

... or in their own backyard ? Based upon your logic, Martin will need at least eight games to rediscover his goalscoring boots given how long he has been out for. Borini scored two in his opening game for Swansea against their fellow promotion rivals Notts Forest last Saturday. I can''t see how anybody can argue sensibly about the wisdom of bring in another striker at this stage of the season with so much at stake.

[/quote]

So just because Borini scored two on his debut for Swansea it means that any striker we do will supply us with the goals that will fire us to auto promotion?   God give me strength!!! [:S]

Borini''s first was a good finish, the second he could hardly have missed after great work from Sinclair.

Torres not netted for Chelsea yet... Oh and Andy Carroll best watch out at Liverpool, because if he doesn''t break in to first team contention week in week out and net by the end of the season then maybe they could just re-coup some of the big fee that they wasted on him by selling him to us for the £3 million that some of our fans wanted us to waste on Mackail-Smith.
[/quote]

"So just because Borini scored two on his debut for Swansea it means that any striker we do will supply us with the goals that will fire us to auto promotion?   God give me strength!!! "  NO, YOU''RE GETTING CARRIED AWAY WITH YOURSELF, I DIDN''T SAY ANYTHING LIKE THAT !

BUT YOU DID SAY  "Any striker that we sign will need to play 10, 15, 20 games on the spin without being dropped before they find their goalscoring boots"  I MADE THE POINT THAT BORINI SCORED ON HIS DEBUT

"Borini''s first was a good finish, the second he could hardly have missed after great work from Sinclair."  AND YOUR POINT IS ?

"
Torres not netted for Chelsea yet... Oh and Andy Carroll best watch out at Liverpool, because if he doesn''t break in to first team contention week in week out and net by the end of the season then maybe they could just re-coup some of the big fee that they wasted on him by selling him to us for the £3 million that some of our fans wanted us to waste on Mackail-Smith." SEE ABOVE

Ginger are you Martins agent of boyfriend.

Facts don''t lie mate, 4 league goals in 21 starts and 9 as sub and 2 asssits.

Thats pretty awful, blimey Lansbury has scored 4 goals in 14 starts and 1 sub and has 2 assists as well and he''s a midfielder. Russel Martin has the same goals FFS

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="Al Catraz"]Hey, it''s my old chum Cliche Attack! [/quote]

So you make a post riddled with cliché. I pick up on this. You accuse me of using another cliché which to my knowledge I have never used. And now you can dismiss any post of mine with your ''hilarious'' new nickname for me. Well done Al Catwat [:|][;)]

[/quote]

TBH I can hardly remember the exchange but I do remember you started you critique of my post with a sarcastic "I aim to please" which if not an expression which has been overused to the extent of being a cliche is certainly idiomatic and you then proceed, unwittingly I assume, to use cliches in your response. Hence my lighthearted twist of your username or whatever it''s called from Shack Attack to Cliche Attack. I apologise if this caused you offence.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]He also said he knew nothing about the CMS bid.... Not everything he says is true.

I really don''t get why people think we need another striker, how are we second now? Yes another striker would be nice, but seriously, were second, and why would we suddenly stop playing football? I know form can drop, but we will be fine.

And Chris Martin is definatly not rubbish, he may not have scored much, but Holt didn''t look like he would at the start (yes i know he wasn''t fit) Martin has a big part to play in this team, the partnership him, Holt and Hoolahan formed last season, has carried on this season, but because he isn''t scoring, he''s not getting the praise he maybe deserves (apart from me :P)

I am really getting quite fed up, with all this ''we need a loan'' blah, its been said since Janurary, and we have moved up places, 2/3/4 weeks ago, along with the ''we need a loan'' comments, people where saying we wouldn''t make the play-offs if we didn''t get one. But we are now second, we are not losing games, and in the last 4/5 games we probably have the best form out of the top 6/7 teams.[/quote]

And if we lose Holty, who''s been essential to our season so far?. I believe Jackson etc has the ability to come good once he settles down - the poor blokes been written off way too early in my opinion. But even so, even if we get lots of goals from other areas of the park, bringing in a proven goal scorer at this stage is hardly going to make our chances of automatic promotion any worse, is it? Is that just not plain common sense, Ginger Pele???!

[quote user="paulo79"]Ginger are you Martins agent of boyfriend.

Facts don''t lie mate, 4 league goals in 21 starts and 9 as sub and 2 asssits.

Thats pretty awful, blimey Lansbury has scored 4 goals in 14 starts and 1 sub and has 2 assists as well and he''s a midfielder. Russel Martin has the same goals FFS[/quote]

Have you ever watched a game of football?

Facts don''t lie, Martin has 21 starts, how many does Jackson have? And he hasn''t been injured. WHY WHY WHY can''t people see why he has been getting those starts? And when he hasn''t been starting, he comes on, and i bet on average, his sub appearances are longer than Jackson gets. Since you all know how crap and lazy Chris Martin is, please go and tell Lambert, he is obviously deluded thinking Martin can play football, he''s crap, why haven''t we signed 16 strikers on loan yet?

Alex, did i say we shouldn''t get a loan striker? In fact i''m fairly sure i have said more than once that a loan striker would be nice, but we haven''t got one. I don''t know if Lambert has been lying about how hard he has been looking, as many other clubs have got striker in, or wether he just doesn''t think any of them will fit in.

Sometimes strikers have seasons where the goals just don''t go in, does not make them a bad player, judge him on his overall contribution. Some people can''t see past the goalscoring stats Chris Martin 6 therefore rubbish, Cody 20 therefore brilliant. Football is a tad more complex than that. If I recall some people were saying that Grant Holt was not good enough for this level at the start of the season when he went through a patch of not scoring. Where would we be now if we had listened to those people?

Lambert is trying to replace Martin , Martin could not hold down a place in the side before he was injured , he has 4 goals this season which is pathetic , his attitude and off field behaviour are questionable . We need somebody up front who can put the ball in the net and thats not Martin in fact i would rather stick with Jackson.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]If it where all about goals, we wouldn''t have signed Grant Holt.[/quote]Now you think we can win games without scoring ?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]If it where all about goals, we wouldn''t have signed Grant Holt.[/quote]

I don''t understand your point? The same Grant Holt who scored the majority of the goals to get us out of League 1 and one of top scorers in the Championship this year?

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="Gingerpele"]If it where all about goals, we wouldn''t have signed Grant Holt.[/quote]Now you think we can win games without scoring ?[/quote]

Yes thats exactly what i said isn''t it. FFS

I was purely commenting that Holt wasn''t the most prolific striker before he joined us.

How can people comment on his attitude when they don''t know him? lembert obviously judges him as a good character becasue he has always said he is looking for hungry players.

He has had enough chances to dicth Chris if he didn''t like him.

It''s not all about goals, but Chris is in line with other players like Iwan Roberts who has legendary status for City, at 22 years old thats not a bad position to be in.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Lambert is trying to replace Martin , Martin could not hold down a place in the side before he was injured , he has 4 goals this season which is pathetic , his attitude and off field behaviour are questionable . We need somebody up front who can put the ball in the net and thats not Martin in fact i would rather stick with Jackson.[/quote]

WHEN has he said he''s replacing ANYONE. Martin started 21 games, scoring only 4 goals. When he wasn''t starting, he was coming on off the bench pretty much every time. As soon as Martin is fit, he will be in the starting line up, i am more than happy to go on the record with that. And what do you mean ''stick with Jackson'' stick with a striker who has probably only started 2 in a row once or twice this season. Wilbraham is ahead of him, and if anyone is being ''replaced'' its Jackson, there was NO desperate rush to get a striker in when Martin was fit was there....

Seems fair to have a debate about a striker who''s only scored four goals this season, but I really thought that we''d got past the idea of Martin being lazy.

He''s a really intelligent footballer (not the same as being an intelligent human being, btw), who takes up excellent positions, reads the game really well and links very well between midfield and attack. An ideal second striker to play with Holt, in other words.

The British obsession with the hard-working headless chicken who runs ten miles a game but couldn''t pick a pass to save his life is exactly why the England football team is rubbish.

I''m looking forward to seeing Martin back. Don''t think he''s the saviour, but then we''re second. We don''t need saving. But we could do with another option up front, and he offers something different to Wheelie and Jackson. Of the three, I''d pick Chris.

I''m with GP on this one, we could debate it all day, but ultimately no one knows about Lambert''s transfer plans except him and probably his close staff.

Lambert always says he wants to strengthen, any manager would be looking to add players if they had funds, the difference with our manager is that he seems far more calculated and bases his decision on personality as well as talent.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Alex, did i say we shouldn''t get a loan striker? In fact i''m fairly sure i have said more than once that a loan striker would be nice, but we haven''t got one. I don''t know if Lambert has been lying about how hard he has been looking, as many other clubs have got striker in, or wether he just doesn''t think any of them will fit in.[/quote]

To be fair GP, re-read your post mate - the overall picture I get from it reads along the lines of ''''We''ve done alright this far, i don''t understand why people are so obsessed with getting another striker in''''. Hence my reply ;)

And on another note for the thread in general - I for one definitely think Jackson especially should be given time, he''s young and have seen enough to know he''s got a future - I wonder what Ian Wright was doing at 23 years old? (I believe that''s how old Simeon is?).

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]Finally!!!Hes dreadfully lazy only loved by team cabbage followers[/quote]Why throw insults because people dont agree with your crack cocaine induced ramblings ?some of are equally adept at throwing insults pal !If Chris Martin fans are members of team cabbage, then you must be a member of  Team " I know f**k all about football"

Im just going to post this thread up from a few months back http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2392252/ShowPost.aspxSummary :Myself and GP form decent arguements and explain exactly why Chris Martin is a very good playera couple of other posters like Silver Fox keep raving without making a pointLe Judge has to make up that he was a former football player to base his entire arguement on

Yes Ginger I have been to lots and lots of games thanks very much missed two home games in last 3 seasons and lots of away games too, so have seen a lot of Martin.

I don;t agree with him being a clever footballer, I think when he is on form he looks good, but he found his level on loan at luton and last season in league one (as well as cody may have done).

Martin this season has been crap, you cannot deny this, otherwise you know nothing about football, he will not get straight back in the team as we play better at the moment with Hoolahan behind Holt and Lansbury in midfield.

I would love nothing more than Chris to bang in 5 or 6 goals and take us up, but on this seasons form it aint gonna happen and if we do go up he will not cut it in the premiership as he''s not good enough for the championship

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Im just going to post this thread up from a few months back http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2392252/ShowPost.aspxSummary :Myself and GP form decent arguements and explain exactly why Chris Martin is a very good playera couple of other posters like Silver Fox keep raving without making a pointLe Judge has to make up that he was a former football player to base his entire arguement on [/quote]

So Nexus as you know everything and are always right, are you saying the Chris Martin has had a good season (up to the injury)??

[quote user="paulo79"]

I don;t agree with him being a clever footballer, I think when he is on form he looks good, but he found his level on loan at luton and last season in league one (as well as cody may have done).

Martin this season has been crap, you cannot deny this, otherwise you know nothing about football, p[/quote]Here is where we will disagree !

[quote user="paulo79"]So Nexus as you know everything and are always right, are you saying the Chris Martin has had a good season (up to the injury)??[/quote]Firstly : I do know everythingSecondly : I am always rightSo why should I respond when we have already established I will be correct ? shocking........Yes I think Chris has had a good season, I do not think he has scored enough goals but I think his link up play is second to no-one.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="paulo79"]So Nexus as you know everything and are always right, are you saying the Chris Martin has had a good season (up to the injury)??[/quote]Firstly : I do know everythingSecondly : I am always rightSo why should I respond when we have already established I will be correct ? shocking........Yes I think Chris has had a good season, I do not think he has scored enough goals but I think his link up play is second to no-one.[/quote]

ha ha ha ha ha, i want what your smoking, how old are you btw

*sigh* Form an arguement at least, you asked me a question, I responded, admitedly somewhat sarcasticly but your little retort of " I dont know what to say so I will elude your smoking drugs and then attack your age expecting you to be a teenager or old fart so then I can accuse you of being young and stupid or old and stupid "For the record, I am a year younger than you.... unless of course 79 was the year your mother was born, then I could well be your father young skywalker !