Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

That's it... enough!

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]I''ve kept quiet all weekend after reading posts about Wes attitude and Holt''s diving.

Enough already.

Do you remember those days under Grant and Roeder? Strikers that couldn''t score, rubbish defending and absolute crap week in and week out?

Top Post!! More people like you need to come forward... Now im ready for the insults about being retarded, no job, thick!!

It just appears that some of you will never be happy.

Lambert refuses to come out and criticize but you lot just can''t wait. I suppose now that booing is frowned upon at CR you are doing it here.

What ever Grant Holt and Wes decide to do is fine with me.. as long as they put in a 100%.

Just leave it out and support your team.[/quote]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

While I don''t post any longer I thought, having read this thread, that it might be relevant to reproduce an article I wrote about this very issue.

There has been quite a bit of comment about our away form being better than our home form, and while I think there are tactical reasons for that, I have to say that I also think that the attitude of the fans is also becoming a factor.

While the support on Saturday was pretty good, the Doncaster game is a case in point. While we played poorly, the way in which the crowd reacted whenever we played the ball short at the back cannot have failed to have an impact on the players.

However, what was so much worse was the amount of abuse hurled at out own players. The obvious example is Aaron Wilbraham who was subjected to some pretty vile remarks throughout the game by the brains trust that surrounds me in the Jarrold.

Let me first of all say that I was surprised when he was signed because he is quite clearly a target man, rather than a goalscorer. However, he wins a lot in the air, holds the ball up well and, most importantly, gives 110% whenever he is on the pitch.

Over the years I’ve seen much more talented players abuse the yellow and green by phoning in performance after performance, so I appreciate commitment. Unfortunately that sentiment doesn’t appear to be shared by those around me.

If Wilbraham is a bad signing the blame rests with the manager, not the player. As long as he gives his all for Norwich City he will have my support.

Unfortunately it seems that this is a recurring theme with our fans, as Russell Martin and John Ruddy went through a similar process (and Chris Martin continues to do so). Players don’t pick themselves, and all we can expect is that they give maximum effort and perform to the best of their ability, even if it may be limited.

Generally speaking though, players who sense support from the crowd (Grant Holt for example) will find another gear, but those whose every touch brings groans will shrink into their shells. Players are human beings just like the rest of us, and we should show the same attitude to them as we would expect to have shown to ourselves.

The way in which Wes Hoolahan’s game disintegrated after his bizarre penalty miss as the crowd started to get on his back against Preston shows how easy it is to neutralise the most talented player. It also shows the fickleness of football fans, as the other match deciding issue, when Holt, untouched, chose to throw himself theatrically to the ground with only the keeper to beat, seems to have generated much less opprobium, yet it was just as responsible for costing us two points.

There is a wider issue here, which Paul Lambert has clearly recognised. As we reach the finishing straight the tension will rise exponentially. He has to keep the players calm and focussed, but we must play our part too.

Games (even apparently easy ones) will become battles and calm heads both on the pitch and in the stands will be decisive factors. What the players DON’T need is personal abuse and groans whenever they slow the pace of play down or go backwards to go forwards.

We’re all in this together and all want the same thing, so let’s all get behind the team, even when things aren’t going well. As we have seen, other teams are just as susceptible to failing to take points from games that look easy.

We should always remember that football is actually played on grass not paper!

[/quote]Binner! [;)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I was thinking about stopping posting on here apart from the Rays Funds For FONCY threads. I could write a few blogs and feel more important than the rest of you rabble[;)] Good blog by the way Beaus. [/quote]

Why did you have to have a little pop at him Nutty, that won''t tempt him to come back.

I for one miss Beauseant and the other ncisa guys and girls  posting about our team.

[/quote]

I thought I  complimented his work!

Folk can post if they want or stay away if they want. ...[/quote]

You suggested that he felt more important than the rest of us by writing blogs before you paid the compliment.

Yes people can stay away if they want and lots are but its a shame beacuse Beauseant was a respected posted on here and as I said I for one miss him.

[/quote]

Stir away, my lovely.

[img]http://www.spinarecipe.com/userfiles/image/Cooking%20Tips/wooden-spoon.jpg[/img]

My first post on here after years of reading, just want to say that I echo the original sentiments.I personally think that Sky have destroyed football by pumping ludicrous amounts of money in, its wrecked the two domestic cup competitions and has made getting promoted to the promised land the be all and end all. Many of us are so obsessed with going up that we''ve lost sight of how remarkably well the club is doing. Do people really think that a striker hasn''t been signed because the club aren''t trying to get one? There are so many variables in the equation hence why there is so little loan movement at present.I cringed the other Tuesday when a few people booed the team off.....yes its frustration but we need to get a collective grip. If somebody had told me before the season started that we''d be fourth in March I''d have sniggered. I share a home season ticket as I can''t get to CR every Saturday but I''ll be at the Crisp Bowl tonight cheering the lads on and whatever happens between now and My 8th I''ll be proud of our acheivements this season..

Just off TWTD

"There was quite a lot of discussion on the Oink''un about this over the weekend. It seems that even the budgies are concluding that Fatty Holt is a cheat"

Well done. To all those who posted to this effect hang your heads.

[quote user="leedscanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

While I don''t post any longer I thought, having read this thread, that it might be relevant to reproduce an article I wrote about this very issue.

There has been quite a bit of comment about our away form being better than our home form, and while I think there are tactical reasons for that, I have to say that I also think that the attitude of the fans is also becoming a factor.

While the support on Saturday was pretty good, the Doncaster game is a case in point. While we played poorly, the way in which the crowd reacted whenever we played the ball short at the back cannot have failed to have an impact on the players.

However, what was so much worse was the amount of abuse hurled at out own players. The obvious example is Aaron Wilbraham who was subjected to some pretty vile remarks throughout the game by the brains trust that surrounds me in the Jarrold.

Let me first of all say that I was surprised when he was signed because he is quite clearly a target man, rather than a goalscorer. However, he wins a lot in the air, holds the ball up well and, most importantly, gives 110% whenever he is on the pitch.

Over the years I’ve seen much more talented players abuse the yellow and green by phoning in performance after performance, so I appreciate commitment. Unfortunately that sentiment doesn’t appear to be shared by those around me.

If Wilbraham is a bad signing the blame rests with the manager, not the player. As long as he gives his all for Norwich City he will have my support.

Unfortunately it seems that this is a recurring theme with our fans, as Russell Martin and John Ruddy went through a similar process (and Chris Martin continues to do so). Players don’t pick themselves, and all we can expect is that they give maximum effort and perform to the best of their ability, even if it may be limited.

Generally speaking though, players who sense support from the crowd (Grant Holt for example) will find another gear, but those whose every touch brings groans will shrink into their shells. Players are human beings just like the rest of us, and we should show the same attitude to them as we would expect to have shown to ourselves.

The way in which Wes Hoolahan’s game disintegrated after his bizarre penalty miss as the crowd started to get on his back against Preston shows how easy it is to neutralise the most talented player. It also shows the fickleness of football fans, as the other match deciding issue, when Holt, untouched, chose to throw himself theatrically to the ground with only the keeper to beat, seems to have generated much less opprobium, yet it was just as responsible for costing us two points.

There is a wider issue here, which Paul Lambert has clearly recognised. As we reach the finishing straight the tension will rise exponentially. He has to keep the players calm and focussed, but we must play our part too.

Games (even apparently easy ones) will become battles and calm heads both on the pitch and in the stands will be decisive factors. What the players DON’T need is personal abuse and groans whenever they slow the pace of play down or go backwards to go forwards.

We’re all in this together and all want the same thing, so let’s all get behind the team, even when things aren’t going well. As we have seen, other teams are just as susceptible to failing to take points from games that look easy.

We should always remember that football is actually played on grass not paper!

[/quote]

Binner! [;)]
[/quote]

I also stopped posting because of the one obvious reason!

Just a note to say that Beas thoughts appear weekly on our website and they are all thought provoking.

Have a good day all and 3 points tonight please.[:)]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Well I think its a shame you ncisa boys and girls have stopped posting.

Thing is you''ll never get an accurate view of what fans think as a whole from an internet forum.  The majority of people will be happy with the progress the club is making and not feel any need to either look or post on forums.  The minority that are disatisfied are far more likely to post things on forums as they feel they need to get something off their chest, giving you a disproportionate view of fans opinion.

Same with all forums really, you look at a video game forum for example and you''d probably think that the game is rubbish from the bugs / problems people post and moan about.  However the vast majority of people will be out there too busy playing and enjoying it to post how much they like it on a forum...

[quote user="Gibbo"]

Thing is you''ll never get an accurate view of what fans think as a whole from an internet forum.  The majority of people will be happy with the progress the club is making and not feel any need to either look or post on forums.  The minority that are disatisfied are far more likely to post things on forums as they feel they need to get something off their chest, giving you a disproportionate view of fans opinion.

Same with all forums really, you look at a video game forum for example and you''d probably think that the game is rubbish from the bugs / problems people post and moan about.  However the vast majority of people will be out there too busy playing and enjoying it to post how much they like it on a forum...

[/quote]

...And still the question remains. What is there to moan about?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

We never used to boo Alan Black, Byan Conlon or Peter Vasper[sn][:O]

[8]The times they are a-changing[O]

[/quote]

No but we didn''t let Laurie Sheffield off the hook [;)]

Now Now Nutty, I''m sure you are the best of chums with Beau.

Btw, the mention of Alan Black reminds of a song we use to sing at the time.... ''Black is Black, we want Joe Mullett back''....What larks we had in those days:)

Beats me Ween_Nasty.  But some people would still moan if someone knocked on the door and gave them a suitcase full of fifties...

[quote user="Gibbo"]Beats me Ween_Nasty.  But some people would still moan if someone knocked on the door and gave them a suitcase full of fifties...[/quote]

Thats the answer. Knock on their doors but give them a bunch of fives.. as my grandad used to say

In my opinion all of the negativity is just a natural reaction, and doesnt show how ''thick'' our fans are, but how passionate they feel for the team.The one thing that fans do need to realise is that, although we have come a long way, we need to take things as they are now rather than looking back. If we had beaten both Preston and Doncaster we would be sitting in second now, and beating both teams wasnt beyond our capabilities. I am sure those who booed at the Doncaster game wernt booing out of some sort of hatred for the team, they simply realised the position we are in, and the poor form that Doncaster were in and how much better we can play, and therefore it was automatic for the majority of fans to expect a win. When this didnt happen, some people decided to vent their frustrations, whether right or wrong, we need to quit the arguing and get back to fully supporting the team and supporting eachother, because the run in isnt going to be an easy ride and we need to give maximum support to Lambert and the players to get them over the finishing line. Although we could never have predicted where we would be at this stage of the season we need to grab this opportuinty and make sure that we dont throw it away, because we might not get another shot at promotion for a few years.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Well I think its a shame you ncisa boys and girls have stopped posting.

[/quote]

It''s personal choice really but an article or blog can only promote discussion on here. But then it will be pulled tp pieces just like an opening post from me, Wiz or Bly. Some people, understandably, can''t deal with that. I think they should post if they want or stay away if they want. Posting to say they''re not posting is just a bit strange[:S]

[quote user="bagpuss5377"]My first post on here after years of reading, just want to say that I echo the original sentiments.

I personally think that Sky have destroyed football by pumping ludicrous amounts of money in, its wrecked the two domestic cup competitions and has made getting promoted to the promised land the be all and end all. Many of us are so obsessed with going up that we''ve lost sight of how remarkably well the club is doing. Do people really think that a striker hasn''t been signed because the club aren''t trying to get one? There are so many variables in the equation hence why there is so little loan movement at present.

I cringed the other Tuesday when a few people booed the team off.....yes its frustration but we need to get a collective grip. If somebody had told me before the season started that we''d be fourth in March I''d have sniggered. I share a home season ticket as I can''t get to CR every Saturday but I''ll be at the Crisp Bowl tonight cheering the lads on and whatever happens between now and My 8th I''ll be proud of our acheivements this season..
[/quote]

I think this is a great first post. I made my return to Carrow Road on Saturday after  being unable to go since November. I really enjoyed the game but was disappointed we didin''t win. The result didn''t stop the enjoyment and I viewed it as another point won. We can''t expect to win all our home games, nobody does. Our home record is slightly below par compared to the rest of the top 6 but not by as much as some would have you believe. Our away record compensates the difference. Maybe our style of football is more suited to playing away from home. Or maybe, in such a close fought league, we have got more "breaks" away from home.

I think you are spot on about the striker. It has always been the most difficult position to fill especially at short notice or on a loan. Like it or not a sought after player available for loan would usually choose a club near to his home and family. The attraction of Norwich City is more for the full transfrers. The best loan would probably be with an agreement to buy in the summer. I bet Lambert and the board have been trying really hard to get someone. Just as I''m sure we are already planning for the summer whatever League we may be in.

Enjoy the game tonight and bring back 3 points[Y]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Now Now Nutty, I''m sure you are the best of chums with Beau. Btw, the mention of Alan Black reminds of a song we use to sing at the time.... ''Black is Black, we want Joe Mullett back''....What larks we had in those days:)[/quote]

Indeed Bury, I think he''s a "bluddy nice bloke"[Y]

Originally it was "Black is Black, we want Ron Davies back" when Black was the first signing with the Davies transfer proceeds. The Blackster went on to play 33 games in the top flight. Who''d have thunk it[;)]

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]I''ve kept quiet all weekend after reading posts about Wes attitude and Holt''s diving.

Enough already.

Do you remember those days under Grant and Roeder? Strikers that couldn''t score, rubbish defending and absolute crap week in and week out?

It just appears that some of you will never be happy.

Lambert refuses to come out and criticize but you lot just can''t wait. I suppose now that booing is frowned upon at CR you are doing it here.

What ever Grant Holt and Wes decide to do is fine with me.. as long as they put in a 100%.

Just leave it out and support your team.[/quote]This is totally spot on. I''m sick of it too. I''ll probably get called a "happy clapper" or something equally as daft but I have never thought it is ok to boo your own team. Sure, I''ve probably spewed my fair share of odious bile to naff loan players and some of our own (in darker days) but I sit right at the back of the Barclay so it''s inconsequential. They wouldn''t have been able to hear me, not with some of the more vocal fans who sit by me anyhow! Hell. Those guys can verbalise some real hateful jibes.But I''ve been quite content as of late.We have been simply magnificent and I never feel fearful that we won''t score or at least try under Lambert.The people who are saying you''re entitled to boo your team are right in a way and wrong in another. You pay to watch week in, week out so it''s fair to freely express your emotions. However, from a morale point of view, it''s wrong. It does nothing to help inspire our team, which invariably leads to bad feeling and high profile departures. Especially after prolonged exposure to negative vibes. Nobody wants that in their place of work afterall. I feel it has a knock on effect that is sometimes not considered.Anyhow, do what you will. I reckon I''m gong to enjoy some good football and clap. Happily (for now) [;)]

Great post Bobby Lo.

I think there''s a difference between sounding off on here and venting your feelings at the ground.

Seems perfectly fair after two disappointing draws at home to discuss whether we should sign a loan striker.

But groaning when the team tries to keep possession and booing them off after an admittedly disappointing draw, but after a performance when you couldn''t possibly question the commitment of the team, seems to fly in the face of the word ''supporter''.

I think there must be truth in the fact that the team feels less pressure away from home.

I really wish we could get behind them from the start at CR, not wait for them to play well.

We have an astonishing opportunity this season, one we can''t have imagined we''d have.

It''s up to us to help the team, not give them another hurdle to overcome.