Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

Little in-sight into the minds of Lambert and Roeder

Howdy all

Went to get my hair cut the other day and my hair dresser said he cuts the hair of one of the groundsmen who work at Carrow Road and Colney.

He said towards the end of last season this groundsmen was outside Colney having just prepared one of the training pitches for the players and Lambert stood near to him (within ear-shot) and Darel Russell had just then turned up 20 minutes late for training. Lambert asked Russell if he had signed his contract yet, in which Russel replied stating there was a couple of things within the contract that he wasn''t happy with. Lambert then told Russell that if he isn''t prepared to sign the contract which had been on the table for some time and bearing in mind he was 20 minutes late then he wasn''t able to train with the squad. Russell argued again that there was just some things in the contract that he wasn''t happy with but Lambert was having none of it and Russell got back in his car and went home.

He also said that every day they train Lambert will have the respect to ask the groundsmen which pitch the groundsmen would like the players to train on and will embrace them in conversation.

When Roeder was at the club the groundsmen stated that Roeder would demand that the groundsmen get off which ever pitch at Colney the groundsmen were preparing (even if it was half finished) and they would have to get off there and then. (Bearing in mind there are how many pitches at Colney? 7 or 8!?)

Roeder never acknowledged the grounds staff and the guy stated he was the rudest man he had seen at the club.

Just thought i''d share this as i thought it was a useful piece of info. based on 2 very different managers.

Enjoy!

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Nothing surprises me much with Roeder any more. Whilst maybe not the worst manager we''ve ever had, easily the most odious[/quote]For me the worst manager we have EVER had, Grant and Megson are up there but for me that Rat Roeder left our club in such a mess he has to be!

I think it is unwise to implicate an employee and section of the staff who work for NCFC as the source of a rumour, no matter how much we may agree with it.

Breach of confidence etc etc.

HRH

I don''t think it''s uwise to implicate an employee As the source of a rumour about NCFC, on an NCFC forum. I think it''s unwise of said employee to say anything to anyone if they don''t want it known. We''re all (well mostly) city fans on here, and we talk about this stuff. A rumour, or story like this comes from somewhere. Either someone made it up, therefore it has no truth anyway, or said employee told their hairdresser. Who then told someone else and so on. Not our fault.

The thing about stories like this is you never know whether the groundsman is a bit of a story teller and wants an audience, or he''s actually telling the truth, so I always tend to take stuff like this with a pinch of salt.

However, stories I''ve heard about Roeder point to him thinking he was bigger than the club, and utterly rude. Whereas Lambert just seems very fair and straight with everyone.

I happen to believe what i was told would be correct. It certainly reflects the peronalities of both managers from what i''m believed to know of them both.

I went to school with Ryan and Rossi Jarvis and through friends of theirs who i know they have said that Ryan and Rossi couldn''t stand Roeder. His training and man-management skills and mathods left littel to be desired and that he really is a horrible, horrible, dis-respectful man.

I know for a fact that, that fact is shared by others players from around that time too.

And i can almost see Lambert standing there putting up with no rubbish from Russell. So i certainly believe what i was told.

Was just an in-sight to the pair of them

Just by what PL said about Nels shows what his personality is like.

Roeder was the kind of person who bashed our younger players especially and didn''t exactly instil confidence

One is intelligent, understands what makes individuals tick, is able to motivate and form successful alliances, says all the right things and generally inspires. The other is an idiot.

[quote user="morty"]Nice one, I do love an interesting bit of gossip!
[/quote]

Well in that case mate best you look at the message i sent you on Facebook[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"]Nice one, I do love an interesting bit of gossip![/quote]

Well in that case mate best you look at the message i sent you on Facebook[;)]

[/quote]Just logged on and read it.Red hot stuff!!!!!![;)]

Quite believable!

This is one area that let Roeder down badly!

In any walk of life if someone is difficult and goes out of their way to make things diffcult for yourself then your not going respect that person which is the answer to why Roeder was no good as a football manager!

Lambert understands this simple pscyhology which goes a long way!

Bad vibes are no good!