Sign in to follow this  
Lennon7

Norwich City 'weekly Q&A'

Is anyone else really not bothered what the same journalists have to say each week? I think the Q&A idea would be a good idea if somebody people actually wanted to hear from were answering the questions (perhaps a different player each week). Because to be honest, all they do is tell us what we already know, there''s no real insight into anything.

Is it just me that thinks this??

[quote user="Woman in the Stands "]So do I BY.

Some of the things we find out are interesting and informative.
[/quote]

---

I noticed this week that in response to a leading question from one of our resident nerds[8-|] about possible Carrow Road spin, David Cuffley said he doubted if the at least £1m figure quoted by McNally as our initial bid for Bennett was the basic fee, but rather had been swollen by add-ons for appearances and the like:

"I''d be very surprised if Norwich had offered £1m up front for a League One winger as an opening bid - unless at least part of it was add-ons."

I must say I found that interesting.[8-|]

It''s a worthwhile experience and good on Pete for making it possible.The journalists have to work within a very short time span in order to tackle questions and I feel they are helping narrow the gap between the Pink Un itself and the ordinary supporter.The local football press linking with the club''s fan base? What is there not to like?

[quote user="Dan-NCFC"]

Is anyone else really not bothered what the same journalists have to say each week? I think the Q&A idea would be a good idea if somebody people actually wanted to hear from were answering the questions (perhaps a different player each week). Because to be honest, all they do is tell us what we already know, there''s no real insight into anything.

Is it just me that thinks this??

[/quote]

Don''t worry mate, it''s not just you. To me, that "feature" on this website just comes across as the result of a bored lunchtime at Archant HQ, once or twice a week. I had a peak at the first one they did and have kept away from since then, I''d much rather read a proper article by the likes of Cuffley, Lakey (stick with what you''re good at!) ect than read a couple of sentences with their opinion about certain things. It''s like with the podcasts and videos they do, they are all cringe worthy, these are writers, not TV personalities, and not radio show hosts. The Pink''un website was much better when it was just insightful articles and this message board.

Also, why are the powers that be so insistant that the main story most days is "NORWICH CITY DEBATE - 2 HOURS TO GO!"? Leave the news feed to news, not to plug a rubbish feature.