Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Betting around Norwich...

Me and a friend were discussing betting about Norwich. We agreed that if we were to get to the play offs, it would be a good idea to bet £100 on the opposing team to go up. Therefore if we lose, at least you get a bit of cash. And if we win, obviously you would be delighted as we would be in the Prem. Win/win, surely?

Anyhow, do you have anything interesting about Norwich about betting to say?

Also slightly off topic, does anyone know like what is the best way to approach betting, i.e best place for a range of options (or how to find something specific), and also can you ombine bets? e.g I want odds for Norwich to win the league, and Blackpool to win the prem (like in one bet), obviously just an example there though.

[quote user="Barnett is King"]

Me and a friend were discussing betting about Norwich. We agreed that if we were to get to the play offs, it would be a good idea to bet £100 on the opposing team to go up. Therefore if we lose, at least you get a bit of cash. And if we win, obviously you would be delighted as we would be in the Prem. Win/win, surely?

Also slightly off topic, does anyone know like what is the best way to approach betting, i.e best place for a range of options (or how to find something specific), and also can you ombine bets? e.g I want odds for Norwich to win the league, and Blackpool to win the prem (like in one bet), obviously just an example there though.

[/quote]I''ll take that bet and give you odds of 1,000,000/1.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Barnett is King"]

[/quote]

I''ll take that bet and give you odds of 1,000,000/1.

[/quote]

norwich and blackpool to win the league this season i''ll give you 9,999,999,999,999,999,999/1 [y]

[quote user="Barnett is King"]I wanna find odds on us not go up, but have no idea how. [:''(][/quote]

Website called Betfair is the best shout. You can lay off a bet. This essentially means that you can bet against an outcome happening. You just need to find a punter willing to match your bet. This usually isnt difficult if the odds are reasonable.

[quote user="Jacko"]

[quote user="Barnett is King"]I wanna find odds on us not go up, but have no idea how. [:''(][/quote]

Website called Betfair is the best shout. You can lay off a bet. This essentially means that you can bet against an outcome happening. You just need to find a punter willing to match your bet. This usually isnt difficult if the odds are reasonable.

[/quote]

Maybe not difficult but perhaps not a good recommendation for what sounds like a beginner.

You wont find many of the ''high street'' bookmakers offering odds for teams not to go up, you may have more luck online as the markets can be more extensive.  Although some of the local bookmakers may be happy to lay some odds on such an outcome, especially for the local team, maybe Nutty or someone else can describe in more detail the benefits of someone like the great Billy at Dixmar Racing!

Paddy power will usually offer most bets you asked for, always been very good in my experience (obviously not condoning gambling!) however for city not to go up i reckon you would do well to get anything better than 7/2, however i could speak to them and find out for definate.

[quote user="Barnett is King"]

Also slightly off topic, does anyone know like what is the best way to approach betting, i.e best place for a range of options (or how to find something specific), and also can you combine bets? e.g I want odds for Norwich to win the league, and Blackpool to win the prem (like in one bet), obviously just an example there though.

[/quote]

The internet is the best place for as many different options as possible, the problem being is you will need to make accounts at a lot of different bookies, which I think is a slippery slope.  Personally you can''t beat the personal visit into a bookies.  I am a bit biased as I work for them but having sampled most of the other major bookmakers I think Corals have the best variety of football coupons. 

You can of course combine bets, I like a four or five time accumulator normally at the weekend and it offers a better balance of returns against chances of success.  You wont normally be able to combine bets for markets in the same division (to get promoted/relegated etc) as they results of one affect the other but sometimes a bookies will give a special price for such.

Why aren''t you condoning gambling :P

Its a right laugh, as long as you don''t waste too much money (i know that can be an issue for some people) most people who bet serious money, are either very rich, own/train the horse their betting own, or very good at betting.

[quote user="festagingermon"]Paddy power will usually offer most bets you asked for, always been very good in my experience (obviously not condoning gambling!) however for city not to go up i reckon you would do well to get anything better than 7/2, however i could speak to them and find out for definate.[/quote]

7/2 for Norwich not to go up, I''ll have some of that!!!  I would say you are looking odds on at such a bet, you can get 3/1 or thereabouts on Norwich to get promotion.

Obviously that would be just to ease the pain just in case

Good point ginge, i was just trying to be responsible lol, i like a bet myself and so long as you stay within your means it is great, SWP any chance as you work presumably for corals from your post that you could indeed confirm the odds for city not to go up, i predicted 7/2 but could be way off the mark.

right, now for the market on hoolahan to get a 97th minute winner against leeds on saturay

oops, sorry just realised you answered my question before i posted it lol, you are a genius SWP! (and incidentally that is why your a bookie and not me, i would be bankrupt lol)

[quote user="festagingermon"]Good point ginge, i was just trying to be responsible lol, i like a bet myself and so long as you stay within your means it is great, SWP any chance as you work presumably for corals from your post that you could indeed confirm the odds for city not to go up, i predicted 7/2 but could be way off the mark. right, now for the market on hoolahan to get a 97th minute winner against leeds on saturay[/quote]

I am at work tomorrow afternoon and will actually see if I can get a quote from the trading room, as I said before not the kind of bet we have odds published for but there might be something I can conjure up.  

I would say that you would definitely be looking closer to odds on than 7/2, considering there are probably 7 to 8 teams looking for promotion and at the moment taking away any biased canary tinted glasses you could say QPR, Forest and Cardiff are more likely for the top 2.  The playoffs obviously are a complete lottery.

[quote user="festagingermon"]Cheers, will be interested to find out if their is a bet out their, speaking to skybet earlier they weren''t even interested[/quote]

Tbh I wouldn''t be surprised if that is the answer I get as well, just working the wrong way round for the bookmakers, they like markets where there are 1 or 2 winners and plenty of losers, not the other way around

SWP, where do you work? I work for Coral in norwich. You''re right, we do have a good variety of coupons. Don''t be shy, just pop in and ask. If they can put a bet on for you, they will!

I only bet on betfair thesedays for the flexibility it gives me. You can easily learn how it works and I would recommend any begginer start here as it gives a good understanding of how gambling works for you. You can also bet while the game is going if you have an iPhone app or similar.

You can currently bet against Norwich going up - odds are around 1/3 . Conversely you can bet on them going up at around 3/1.

Myself, I dont bet that often on Norwich. I''ve won a couple of time this season on first half/second half results. I have used betfair for insurance bets as well I''m a bit ashamed to say - ie when Norwich are winning I might bet on the draw, or on them not winning. My biggest win betting against Norwich was when we went down from the premiership. I won a tidy sum on West Brom staying up.

SSN i.e.Sky Sports News gave odds the other day for promotion, QPR favourites and odds for NFFC, NCFC, CFC, SCFC and LCFC but gave no odds for Leeds, are they trying to tell us something?

Odds on NCFC was 7/2.