Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Bennett transfer request?

Only thing that can stop this now is their owner/chairman making a stand for the purposes of saving face in front of their supporters.

Another £1.5m spent if this is true, this is really ambitious stuff. Who was the last player we actually sold for more than a nominal fee? I just hope all this investment isn''t contingent on us getting promotion this season, and that we''ll end up having to sell in the summer if we don''t go up. Somehow I don''t get the feeling McNally would be that short-termist, but it just makes you realise how much penny-pinching must have been going on in the last five years. ''Prudence with ambition'' has been replaced with ''speculate to accumulate'', and I like it.

Nah, Burnley are too busy enticing Charlie Austin away from Ipswich, who appear to have royally screwed everything up on personal terms.

Something I have always been confused about - If Burnley were to outbid us and even offer better terms but then Bennett turned around and said that he did not want to go there but wished to come to us instead what would happen?

But did anyone see the following comment on the article??

"I''m just so glad I didn''t get his name on the shirt I bought on Tuesday! Elliott thanks for your loyalty son!!! Go to Norwich and their dilapidated stadium, with their drunk chairman. Then 12 months time, watch as we are above Norwich, after they missed out on promotion this season, we have this lovely new stadium, what will they have???!!!! BIG BIG MISTAKE!!!!! SEE YA"

[quote user="Sly Dog"]

But did anyone see the following comment on the article??

"I''m just so glad I didn''t get his name on the shirt I bought on Tuesday! Elliott thanks for your loyalty son!!! Go to Norwich and their dilapidated stadium, with their drunk chairman. Then 12 months time, watch as we are above Norwich, after they missed out on promotion this season, we have this lovely new stadium, what will they have???!!!! BIG BIG MISTAKE!!!!! SEE YA"

[/quote]Brighton fans seem to be getting delusions of granduer because they''re moving to a new stadium, they''re in a good position but they''re far from guaranteed to get promoted and they don''t seem to be taking into account that we are already in the Championship with a chance of getting to the prem.They still have to fill their stadium and will probably do so for the first game or two if they go up but after that the novelty will wear off and their attendances will be somewhere between 15 to 20k on average depending on how well they do.

I''ve nothing against Brighton or the amiable Gus Poyet. I hope they gain promotion.

Brighton are trying to reach up as we are and I think Tony Mac could do a job for them. Cash plus player would satisfy me.

Does your boyfriend know you''re here?

Anyway, hope he does sign. We have unsettled him, which is wrong in some respects. We have had this done to us many times, but this may ust show that we have moved forward and will do many things to get some success. Long may it continue.

How long ago in a process like this would Neil Doncaster have said okay and sorry before giving up! Lambert is clearly given every support from his Chief Exec and Chair.

In many ways I admire what their chairman is trying to do but the sad fact is that once a player wishes to leave a club the only sensible way out is to grant his request and get as much as you can for him, no point in trying to keep a player who wishes to leave. We''ve had this happen to us on many occasions and in some ways I feel for their fans cos it''s a horrible feeling when your best players leave.