Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

A classic Norwich transfer deadline day

With time ticking along, beginning to look like the norm for us. Each time a day like this comes along, we''re awash with rumours of possible signings, only to be disappointed when no one comes in! I think the Chairmans comments have fueled peoples excitement this time, i for one will be even more disappointed than normal if we don''t bring anyone in!

i think the likely-hood is that nobody is going to come in as lambert sauid he wasn''t too bothered if nobody did come in.

still i would be very dissappointed if nobody does, its not that i am unhappy with our current squad its that i think a bit more extra fire power will take us up.. OTBC!

It would be frustrating if we don''t bring anyone in after the board promising that we are going for it. Especially if by going for it they meant Bennett and had no other targets or plan B''s.

We will get left beihnd with QPR, Forest and Leicester who seem to have had the most fruitful Transfer window and us signing players of Wilbraham''s standard (nothing against him he has looked good so far but he doesn''t exactly turn heads does he).

I think going for it, could easily have referred to a couple of decent loan signings around the start of march though. It was never actually said that it meant the transfer window. We brought a couple in that time last season I recall, or Elliot at least, maybe another? I can''t remember now....

Peope bang on like we havnt signed anyone this window, we have made three permanent signings and one loan.

Of course i would like to see another two top players, but we must also be fair on the guys we have.

They got us this far, iam sure they can go all the way.

[quote user="the1englishman"]Peope bang on like we havnt signed anyone this window, we have made three permanent signings and one loan. Of course i would like to see another two top players, but we must also be fair on the guys we have. They got us this far, iam sure they can go all the way.[/quote]

Yeah but Wilbraham and Tierney aren''t exactly the quality we should be looking at if we are serious about wanting to go up.

NCFC -trying to win promotion on the cheap?. If it was as easy as buying the likes of Wilbraham, then everyone would do it?.

History may show that this might be our best chance of winning promotion to the premiership for many years to come.....I hope we dont come to regret today''s inactivity?

with the current squad we will defo make the play-offs, but it is about winning the game at wembley that counts and new quality signings would mean we would have a chance of doing that or even beter...top 2 maybe :/

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

NCFC -trying to win promotion on the cheap?. If it was as easy as buying the likes of Wilbraham, then everyone would do it?.

History may show that this might be our best chance of winning promotion to the premiership for many years to come.....I hope we dont come to regret today''s inactivity?

[/quote]

100% Agree, not slating our current squad at all but we are one or two players from being a top Championship side.

Why buy for the sake of it?

Lambert knows who he wants and if he doesn''t get them then were are hardly short of decent players as it is.

It doesn''t stop us loanng players later on.

We''ve only signed one player who can consistently make the starting 11. Tierney back up, Wilbraham barely back up. Lansbury''s signing for me could be taken or left. For me he''s only really shon in the derby. So i''m disappointed, we need someone to partner Holt, with someone of quality we could really make the top 2. As it is i think the play off''s are as good as we''d get. I''m not moaning that would be a fantastic result, but where we are in the league and the board''s comments,really made me think we''d go for it a bit more!

Why does everyone get so upset on deadline day. There are 30 other days in January, all possible to make signings on. Lambert doesn''t appear to me to be the kind of person who makes last minute panic buys. Which is why he said Friday/Saturday he was looking at a couple of players, if neither was available, i would assume he will stick with what he''s got or maybe wait for the loan window to re-open if need be.

Short memories. Remember Neil Doncaster?

We did early business and signed important players on long contracts. Don''t forget that this day can be like a house sale chain and the obstruction might lie elsewhere. Also, we didn''t lose anyone and there were probably enquiries for a few.

We can also bring in a loan once other clubs know what their situation is. I hope PL and the players are focussed on beating Millwall.

[quote user="Nibbles"]with the current squad we will defo make the play-offs, but it is about winning the game at wembley that counts and new quality signings would mean we would have a chance of doing that or even beter...top 2 maybe :/[/quote]

Will we definitely finish in the top 6? Yes, we are doing well, but I think QPR, Cardiff, Swansea, Leeds, Forest, Watford, Millwall, Reading, Burnley and Leicester (who are all within 9 points, and most with games in hand) will be equally as confident of a top 6 finish, and 11 into 6 doesn''t go.