Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

Pre-Match Cardiff

Right up for the game its going to be awesome, im going with 3 mates, 1 Forest fan, 1 Chelsea fan and a QPR fan lol.

Ive been told the place to go is the steam packet, is that near the entrance to castle mall??

Where does everyone else venture to?

and if anyone fancy''s a pint before or after the game get in touch.

Yeah i will come in, i know where it is now, just couldn''t place it lol. I think The Steam Packet is the destination for after the game. So straight of the train into the pub.

I will be the one in the yellow and green shirt lol.

I have just got bought mine moments ago, can''t believe they r not sold out!!! Good for me tho, IF I get there early enough will be going in the Nelson for a few. Meet the usual gang in there :-) will get u that drink at last WITS

[quote user="city till i die"]where is the nelson Wits??[/quote]

5 min walk from where you''re staying [:)]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]I have just got bought mine moments ago, can''t believe they r not sold out!!! Good for me tho, IF I get there early enough will be going in the Nelson for a few. Meet the usual gang in there :-) will get u that drink at last WITS[/quote]This drink is becoming an urban myth ctid lol

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="city till i die"]where is the nelson Wits??[/quote]

5 min walk from where you''re staying [:)]

[/quote]

Different ctid CA.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]I go to The Nelson before and after - but not there afterwards this week; posh frock do in the evening [:)]

Several other posters get in there as well. I''ll be in either a green or yellow top if that helps lol
[/quote]

Before you firm this up as a date WITS i think you had better check out the age of the poster as i seem to recall your last flirtation on this messageboard resulted in you cosying up to a 17 year old and with you shall i be so told as to say the wrong side of forty it may lead to some raised eyebrows.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]I go to The Nelson before and after - but not there afterwards this week; posh frock do in the evening [:)]

Several other posters get in there as well. I''ll be in either a green or yellow top if that helps lol
[/quote]

Before you firm this up as a date WITS i think you had better check out the age of the poster as i seem to recall your last flirtation on this messageboard resulted in you cosying up to a 17 year old and with you shall i be so told as to say the wrong side of forty it may lead to some raised eyebrows.

[/quote]

*Bold not told.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Never ......... wouldn''t want to be in your shoes  now Til.[:P]

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Never ......... wouldn''t want to be in your shoes  now Til.[:P]

[/quote]

WITS is ok............as old biddies go...[:D]

I''d guess that the Steam Packet is like many Norwich pubs and only has limited opening hours in the week, ie evenings, but it''s usually open when I walk dow to The Nelson on match days.Compleat Angler''s for away fans and after a group of us were refused entry some seasons ago, as home fans, I''ve never foot over the threshold since.

[quote user="pete"]

Is Steam Packet open always closed when I go past.  Is Kings on King St open I remember it as Nags Head.

Complete Angler in fact is Compleat Angler see http://web.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/10/10880/Compleat_Angler/Norwich

[/quote]Don''t know if you are getting a bit confused Pete (or if it''s me) but I thought The Nags Head was on King Street and The Steam Packet was on Crown Road and were different Pubs.

Some of the guys who I know from the Cricketers started to use the Steam Packet when the Cricketers closed last season, not been in there myself yet.God I miss the Cricketers.

I have never really had a beer before or after the game until last season. I normally drive or get a lift, but now i have seen the light, but have no idea where the pubs are!! Just riverside which is shite.

Last time i was home, the Steam Packet is where i was drinking with my work mates and it seemed rather busy, and then we moved onto Castlegates and the Murderers. Other than that i have no idea, never been a fan of going out in Norwich.

The Cricketers was an excellent Pub on match days, it was run by a Season Ticket holder in Barclay, had a free BBQ out the back and had a great atmosphere. Only problem was it was never as busy away from match days and like many other Pubs this was not viable to keep open.I used to drive down from Blackpool, park up at County Hall and have a wander up the hill so free grub and a pre match beer was always welcome, only ever had one though as I used to drive back after the game.