Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Rotherham 4-4 Norwich

Awesome vid, I would have been very angry with that penalty!Although, in fairness, Hucks didn''t really appeal for it. He was clever, but the ref was at fault there.

Was this the match where at half-time there was a mighty bundle in the tunnel as the players went off the pitch resulting in their manager being sent to the stand - there seemed to be a reference to this in the comentary.  And was it also the match that Zema Abbey''s Norwich career effectively came to an end - or was that the season before?

[quote user="Big Slob"]Poor goalkeeping by Greeno, goals 2 and 3 both his fault[/quote]

2nd one definitely,God knows where he was going.

3rd not so sure.Hint of a foul on him there

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Big Slob"]Poor goalkeeping by Greeno, goals 2 and 3 both his fault[/quote]

2nd one definitely,God knows where he was going.

3rd not so sure.Hint of a foul on him there

[/quote]

That looked one of his off days. He performed well for the majority of the season.

That is right Marv, I''m pretty sure McKenzie got booked and accused of spitting in that incident too?

I think we play much, much better football under Lambert, but it''s nice to look back at the success we had back then, although I must agree with the comments above;

Greeno looks poor, 2nd and 3rd goals are his fault without a doubt, sure the 3rd might be a hint of a foul, but he should have kept hold of it (just like in the world cup [;)])

and as for Hux''s penalty, again, made the ref think, he didn''t have to do/give anything if he didn''t see a foul!

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"][quote user="marvin the martian"]I was at the match,it was the one with the melee in the tunnel at half time. I think Rotherham played all the second half with ten men .[/quote]

What happend ?[/quote]

They were pi**ed off about the penalty, obviously, and there was a punch up and one of their players got sent off [;)]

[quote user="AJ"]

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"][quote user="marvin the martian"]I was at the match,it was the one with the melee in the tunnel at half time. I think Rotherham played all the second half with ten men .[/quote]

What happend ?[/quote]

They were pi**ed off about the penalty, obviously, and there was a punch up and one of their players got sent off [;)]

[/quote]

Fiesty. [8o|]

They had one of those extendable tunnels, all you could see was it rocking back and forth and a huge scrum of players. I''m pretty sure it was a centre half that was sent off. Funny thing is,I didn''t notice they were reduced to ten men until after the match had finished and I heard it on the radio !.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]They had one of those extendable tunnels, all you could see was it rocking back and forth and a huge scrum of players. I''m pretty sure it was a centre half that was sent off. Funny thing is,I didn''t notice they were reduced to ten men until after the match had finished and I heard it on the radio !.[/quote]

Lol.

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"][quote user="marvin the martian"]I was at the match,it was the one with the melee in the tunnel at half time. I think Rotherham played all the second half with ten men .[/quote]What happend ?[/quote]I was there too. It was in our promotion year under Nigel Worthington and there was a big fight as the players were going off at half-time. Huckerby won a penalty just before the interval to put us 3-2 up which the Rotherham camp weren''t too happy about. As the teams walked off through one of those expanding plastic tunnels it must have kicked off in there as the tunnel swung wildly from side to side for a few seconds. We couldn''t see what happened but their defender, a shaven headed gorilla called Guy Branston, was sent off during the interval for having a go at Huckerby I thinkEven against ten men we nearly let it slip and it was only Damien Francis''s last minute equaliser that rescued a 4-4 draw. An amazing game.

I was in side bit rather than behind goal at that game and got a good of tunnel, it all kicked off and was rocking from side to side.

Important late point on that day - I think that was the moment I knew we would win the league, felt we''d played so badly and got something - then someone told me they had ten men all the second half so maybe wasn''t so sure.

The next away game I saw was the 5-3 at Burnley, 16 goals in two games I''d been to -probably would have got long odds on that.

I think Zema was injured the previous time at Rotherham as I was sat behind goal and it was on left hand touchline (to where we were sat) where it happened.

I think this was the second game I have seen where someone has got sent off in the half time interval - Bryan Gunn once got sent off at Bramall Lane at Half time can''t remember the year though.

Never seen it happen since.