Sign in to follow this  
CaptnCanary

What I can see happening at the end of the season

The world has a funny way of having things work out in a way that is less believable than a film script!

I was thinking this afternoon about what could happen at the end of this season. And although I would love us to get automatic promotion, I can just see us in a playoff final against Leeds. That would mean 1 team getting back to back promotions and I can''t remember that happening since Swindon??? If offered that chance I would take it now. Anybody else thing so?

Back to back promotions = relegation. 

No flippin point in getting promotion to the Prem for a couple of years. 

Has no-one thought this through? Morons![:@]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

Think you are the moron, anyone in their right mind would take promotion at first attempt to get the "Pot of Gold" things can soon go wrong if we plan to consolidate this year for a push next year, i.e Lambert could get offered a top job, one he couldn''t turn down etc etc.

[/quote]My lord... People on this board sometimes?Some posters truly do possess the forsight of an insect. All too aware of present perils, but lack the human faculties that allow them to preempt future problems.Beggars belief.

[quote user="youll go blind"]

Think you are the moron, anyone in their right mind would take promotion at first attempt to get the "Pot of Gold" things can soon go wrong if we plan to consolidate this year for a push next year, i.e Lambert could get offered a top job, one he couldn''t turn down etc etc.[/quote]You wanna watch out for that "pot of gold" myth. Many teams had that pot of gold, blew it on players in an attempt to stay in the division, and are now utterly ruined. Pompey, Hull, Leicester, Watford, Leeds are all clubs that got drawn into the "consolidate in the premiership" game, and it''s going to take (or, in Leeds'' case, has taken) a long time to get back on an even keel.

[/quote]Slim, your view is absolute claptrap.  If we don ''t get promoted this year, the rule changes in Premier League funding mean that it will be impossible to compete with any club that gets relegated from the Premier league, as the increased parachute payments will be worth a 20 point start.  Being a yo-yo club will be better than battling against the constraints that our current debt position puts us in.

[/quote]

I am fully aware that promotion this year would mean almost certain relegation the next year. But I have faith in the current directors to ensure that a promotion wipes out the debt of the club once and for all and puts us on a far more competitive footing for the future, without huge annual interest payments. And maybe, just maybe, Lambert could see us survive for a season or more.

I also may have forgotten a couple of teams to get back to back promotions, but my main question was, does anybody else think the film script scenario would see us up against Leeds in the playoff finals and does anybody think this will actually happen?

If we''re good enough we''ll go up none of this "to early to go up" bull!

Blackpool would still be in League 1 if they had that atitude!

With Lambert, if we went up Premiership survival would certainly be possible albeit difficult. - Afterall how many Norwich fans at the end of last season were going on about how many new players we''d need to be able to survive in the Championship and that most of the team would have to be changed? - More than a few I remember!

I thought this was the plan to get into Prem and yo yo until NCFC established a la WBA

[quote user="pete"]I thought this was the plan to get into Prem and yo yo until NCFC established a la WBA[/quote]

No, that''s Plan B. Plan A is to get in the Premiership and avoid relegation.

Hmmmm I guess I''m the only one who thinks that Slim''s comments were tongue in cheek and a rip off of previous topics where people have said they didn''t want us to get promoted into the Prem.

Davo

[/quote]really???? who wouldnt want £50 million???WHO WOULDNT WANT TO SEE THEIR TEAM IN THE TOP FLIGHT

EPIC FAIL!!! DOH