Sign in to follow this  
super dave

Henri Lansbury - Here till the end of the season?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Twitchy, why can''t you see it? What would Arsenal need him for? Has he played for them this season at all? It would be in their interests for him to be out on loan for the rest of the season, the only reason he wouldn''t come here would be Lambert not guaranteeing him a starting place every game....[/quote]

I haven''t seen any suggestion that Lansbury be guaranteed a place nor would such a demand be reasonable or practicable.

The OP said that Lansbury had to be involvedwith the first team.  That is playing, sub or part of the bigger group.  I see no objection to that.   If he is going to be a reerve, he might as well stay at Arsenal.

Well Wenger isn''t going to send him out, just to sit on the bench, even if he came on for 20 mins each game, so he''s going to want to know he is fairly high up in the pecking order, i''m sure there could be other clubs that could use him, especially after seeing his first two games with us....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Well Wenger isn''t going to send him out, just to sit on the bench, even if he came on for 20 mins each game, so he''s going to want to know he is fairly high up in the pecking order, [/quote]

On the other hand I dont see Lambert being the sort of person to be told what players he has to pick, do you?

So does he have to go back after the Coventry game on the 18th and maybe come back in Jan on a loan or can a 28 days emergency loan be extended, does anyone know??

I fail to see what the emergency was but I''m happy he is here! There are some stupid names for these loan periods.....

I Think Lansbury is just that little bit of extra class championship teams need to do well, someone who can tear the opposition defence with one pass consistently. Wes has some class as-well, but from what i''ve seen of Lansbury (for us and for arsenal reserves) he outshines him by far. It doesnt matter to me if Wenger''s made demands that he has to be played, as long as he keeps up his attitude and desire to play for us we are on a winner here. Although i dont think he''s as good as Bentley was at his age, if he performs consistently as he has done he will be a much better addition to our squad than Bentley ever was. i just hope we can afford to bring him back for the remainder of the season. Would be a nice little chrismat present

I would have been over the moon to have got Ramsey as well. Play him left wing instead of left back and as a 4-4-2 we''d have the best midfield in the division with Lansbury, Crofty and Wes/Surman. Holty and Chrissy would have heading practice every game!!!

[quote user="priceyrice"]I Think Lansbury is just that little bit of extra class championship teams need to do well, someone who can tear the opposition defence with one pass consistently. Wes has some class as-well, but from what i''ve seen of Lansbury (for us and for arsenal reserves) he outshines him by far.
It doesnt matter to me if Wenger''s made demands that he has to be played, as long as he keeps up his attitude and desire to play for us we are on a winner here. Although i dont think he''s as good as Bentley was at his age, if he performs consistently as he has done he will be a much better addition to our squad than Bentley ever was.

i just hope we can afford to bring him back for the remainder of the season. Would be a nice little chrismat present
[/quote]

Lets not get too carried away with Lansbury. Yes he looks a decent player and yes i would like him to stay on for the rest of the season but to start declaring him to be in a different class from Wes (who has been our most classy player over a consistent period) after two games is a bit much. They are  both good players and I hope both stay.

...I''m not sure if anyone has said this already (I cant be arsed to scroll though my phone to see)...but I think the fact Arsenal are in the semis of the Carling cup may have some bearing on Angela & Wenger''s decision.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="priceyrice"]I Think Lansbury is just that little bit of extra class championship teams need to do well, someone who can tear the opposition defence with one pass consistently. Wes has some class as-well, but from what i''ve seen of Lansbury (for us and for arsenal reserves) he outshines him by far. It doesnt matter to me if Wenger''s made demands that he has to be played, as long as he keeps up his attitude and desire to play for us we are on a winner here. Although i dont think he''s as good as Bentley was at his age, if he performs consistently as he has done he will be a much better addition to our squad than Bentley ever was. i just hope we can afford to bring him back for the remainder of the season. Would be a nice little chrismat present [/quote]

Lets not get too carried away with Lansbury. Yes he looks a decent player and yes i would like him to stay on for the rest of the season but to start declaring him to be in a different class from Wes (who has been our most classy player over a consistent period) after two games is a bit much. They are  both good players and I hope both stay.

[/quote]Yeah your right its only been two games, but i would quite happily put my neck out and say if Lansbury stays for the season he will be much more effetive and consistent than Wes- i also think its likely Wes has gone this January, if he still hasnt signed a contrtact something is seriously wrong, best move would be to sell him january or come Jan/Feb he can sign a pre-contract with another club arrange to leave us on a free in the summer- this is my only worry, although if we ever got in the primiership im sure we wouldnt want him anyway, i very much doubt he could cut it in the Prem, which is shame as he is talented. Lansbury on the other half i beleive could cut it in the prem easily ina  couple of years

[quote user="spencer 1970"]...I''m not sure if anyone has said this already (I cant be arsed to scroll though my phone to see)...but I think the fact Arsenal are in the semis of the Carling cup may have some bearing on Angela & Wenger''s decision.[/quote]If Arsenal are serious about winning it they wont bother bringing back a player like Lansbury. Wenger is using the cup this year to mix in some youth with the first teamers rather than playing the whole reserve team.

mmm? maybe?

but if Arsenal are in the champs league, Fa cup, challenging for the Prem and still in the carling cup come feb/march I''d say Landsbury wont be here for the rest of the season; hopefully we''ll get him for a few more months though. Wenger still bloods the kids in the latter stages and henri had a blinder against the yids.

Remember he could have a chance to actually win something for Arsenal at wem-ber-lee (1st time in 10-11 years)?

...saying that I''d welcome him back to win the POff final for us there!