Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Lambert the tactical genius! Just Ruddy letting us down... again..

Yes let''s forget about the match-saving stops he makes and blast him when he doesn''t stop one he should have. But when we miss numerous chance to score in the box near the end of the game, we didn''t mess up we were just unlucky?

Ruddy made a world class save in the first half today. true he dropped a clanger for the goal but i feel his only criticism is he isnt vocal enough. he comes for balls that his defenders are dealing with.A break down in communication leads to mistakes.

I am afraid any other player making mistakes in nearly every other match would have been dropped. And yes it is tough as keeper but mistakes by goalkeepers not only lead to goals but fundamentally undermine the defenses  confidence. Ruddy knows that, and knows it is probably the most demanding position on the pitchAnd yes he  did make some good saves AFTER he had given them the lead , shots he arguably would not have had to make if they hadn''t been on the front foot.And as others have said what worries more than anything is he doesnt control his defense, rarely hear a shoutWe are leaking too many goals, eight in last four

I have been saying for quite some time now that I think we need to give Rudd a chance.  Yes Ruddy has made some good saves but his mistakes are costing us goals and points and he is doing this on a regular basis.  He also leaves the defence with no confidence what so ever.  He is the weakest link in our team and it needs fixing.

[quote user="Largey"]Yes let''s forget about the match-saving stops he makes and blast him when he doesn''t stop one he should have. But when we miss numerous chance to score in the box near the end of the game, we didn''t mess up we were just unlucky?[/quote]I don''t care how many good saves he makes, if he makes a mistake it''s 2-3 possible points dropped!

Good point about how the team changed after the goal, CJ.

In the games he has been allowed to play in, Rudd has done very well, so why not give him more starts?

Should we get promoted, he would be better prepared for the Prem than he is sitting and watching. If we don''t get promoted, so what, he will have experience under his belt for next season when Ruddy is gone (he''s a loaner, I think?).

So what if Rudd is young. If he is good, he is good. Don;t let that talent waste away on the bench!

I can''t understand the reluctance to play Rudd. When he played last season I thought he preformed just as well as Forster. Give the lad a run for crying out loud.

[quote user="Depraved"]I can''t understand the reluctance to play Rudd. When he played last season I thought he preformed just as well as Forster. Give the lad a run for crying out loud.[/quote]"performed" Please add an edit button, it''s so easy....

It really is time to let the memory of Forster go!

No Ruddy isn''t as good as Fraser but Fraser isn''t here anymore. We could''nt buy him, we couldn''t sort out a loan deal ... he''s gone ... get over it!

[quote user="city till i die"]if lambert is a tactial genius,

you would of thought he knows the best person to put between the sticks............ [/quote]Well said.