Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Leeds fans

It forgets to say that due to the problems caused by leeds fans 40 Ipswich fans will be arrested charged and banned. Police saw no reason to suggest any Leeds fans should be charged as they were provoked by kids under 8.

When will Norfolk and Suffolk police start to realise these Leeds fans will cause problems where ever they go. Presumably we will get the brunt of their misbehaviour this year as we dared to stop them winning the league last year. In most ways I am looking forward to the Leeds game, but if the police treat the game and their supporters in the same way as last year, I do fear for peoples safety.    

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

It forgets to say that due to the problems caused by leeds fans 40 Ipswich fans will be arrested charged and banned. Police saw no reason to suggest any Leeds fans should be charged as they were provoked by kids under 8.

When will Norfolk and Suffolk police start to realise these Leeds fans will cause problems where ever they go. Presumably we will get the brunt of their misbehaviour this year as we dared to stop them winning the league last year. In most ways I am looking forward to the Leeds game, but if the police treat the game and their supporters in the same way as last year, I do fear for peoples safety.    

[/quote]

You know the best thing we should/could do to help the police?FIGHT BACK!I believe Smudger was still standing after the Leeds fan struck him last season - what''s that about? The only times I''ve given up was when I''ve been practically comatose.I''m an old man of 50 now and certainly no neanderthal hard-nut who condones violence, but I believe in standing up for myself.

[quote user="Shyster"]

You know the best thing we should/could do to help the police?

FIGHT BACK!
[/quote]

Yeah mate, I bet the police would love that idea. I for one have so far missed their advice encouraging home fans to join in the scrapping when the hooligans come to town. Unless when they separate opposing fans with cordons, barriers, riot police and horses the law enforcement community are actually subtly saying "come over and have a pop, you could really help us out here!" to the less instinctively aggressive fans. God, if that''s the case then I''ve been so naive!

In this context, the old adage never seemed truer - "fighting for peace is like f***ing for virginity". Plus the ''fight back'' advice is especially useless and counter-productive if you''re the child, disabled person, or smaller or weaker-looking individual who they apparently enjoy picking on (Smudger and his like aside). I''ve rarely encountered aggression, I think due to my size (except from the odd neanderthal from Wolves, Birmingham or Coventry in the past).

[quote user="Shyster"]I believe Smudger was still standing after the Leeds fan struck him last season - what''s that about?[/quote]And that is how legends are made. I had a pint with smudger afer the game and he never had a mark on him, nary a cut, a scratch not even a red mark. Forensics couldn''t even find a trace of a handbag. [;)][:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Shyster"]I believe Smudger was still standing after the Leeds fan struck him last season - what''s that about?[/quote]And that is how legends are made. I had a pint with smudger afer the game and he never had a mark on him, nary a cut, a scratch not even a red mark. Forensics couldn''t even find a trace of a handbag. [;)][:D][/quote]

Did they use the plastic gloves though (and the ky)

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Shyster"]I believe Smudger was still standing after the Leeds fan struck him last season - what''s that about?[/quote]And that is how legends are made. I had a pint with smudger afer the game and he never had a mark on him, nary a cut, a scratch not even a red mark. Forensics couldn''t even find a trace of a handbag. [;)][:D][/quote]Did they use the plastic gloves though (and the ky)[/quote]Do you mean that somewhere between Leeds, Leicester and Norwich there might be cross contamination?

[quote user="GenerationA47"]

[quote user="Shyster"]

You know the best thing we should/could do to help the police?FIGHT BACK![/quote]

Yeah mate, I bet the police would love that idea. I for one have so far missed their advice encouraging home fans to join in the scrapping when the hooligans come to town. Unless when they separate opposing fans with cordons, barriers, riot police and horses the law enforcement community are actually subtly saying "come over and have a pop, you could really help us out here!" to the less instinctively aggressive fans. God, if that''s the case then I''ve been so naive!

In this context, the old adage never seemed truer - "fighting for peace is like f***ing for virginity". Plus the ''fight back'' advice is especially useless and counter-productive if you''re the child, disabled person, or smaller or weaker-looking individual who they apparently enjoy picking on (Smudger and his like aside). I''ve rarely encountered aggression, I think due to my size (except from the odd neanderthal from Wolves, Birmingham or Coventry in the past).

[/quote]

What are you going to do when some forty thousand police officers lose their jobs? There''s obviously going to be less policing on match days, which''ll render innocent supporters open to thugs more then ever - so what do you do when you''re being threatened and there''s no officer in the vicinity? Take a beating and turn the other cheek? Are you going to walk on by when one of those vulnerable people you''ve mentioned is being humiliated/bullied/beaten? If your answer is yes to either of those questions, I would consider canceling your season ticket if I were you.The present government wants people to be more responsible for themselves - that includes helping the police in the prevention of crime - it includes a vigilante approach to the thugs that attend football matches.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

I hope our police are ready for them this season and do a better job than last time at home...

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=17202&title=police_reviewing_footage_of_leeds_clash

[/quote]I was at the Bournemouth match when the riot kicked off  back in 1990.  It was unbelievable and they really should have been more severely hammered by the FA for it......Sadly they have a ''reputation'' to protect now and too much talk and hype will only make matters worse. No doubt a handful of tw@ts will be looking at what is being said on here and as we all know it just takes a handful of idiots to cause big trouble.....Lets hope they don''t get any more amunition.

Being the voice of the fans, isn''t it the NCISA''s responsibility to protect the supporters and ensure that there voice is heard in regards to the protection/policing that day?

So hop to it lads, lets have the Leeds scum herded like the animals they are to and from the match. They can arrange all the fights they want as long as its away from the innocents who just go to watch the game (Shock! horror!).

There is plenty of proof following what happened last year, and recently down the road.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="GenerationA47"]

[quote user="Shyster"]

You know the best thing we should/could do to help the police?FIGHT BACK![/quote]

[/quote]

What are you going to do when some forty thousand police officers lose their jobs? There''s obviously going to be less policing on match days, which''ll render innocent supporters open to thugs more then ever - so what do you do when you''re being threatened and there''s no officer in the vicinity? Take a beating and turn the other cheek? Are you going to walk on by when one of those vulnerable people you''ve mentioned is being humiliated/bullied/beaten? If your answer is yes to either of those questions, I would consider canceling your season ticket if I were you.The present government wants people to be more responsible for themselves - that includes helping the police in the prevention of crime - it includes a vigilante approach to the thugs that attend football matches.[/quote]The sad thing is though, say this situation did arise, and you did "fight back" the chances are you would be subject to a football banning order.

[quote user="Big Slob"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="GenerationA47"]

[quote user="Shyster"]

[/quote]

What are you going to do when some forty thousand police officers lose their jobs? There''s obviously going to be less policing on match days, which''ll render innocent supporters open to thugs more then ever - so what do you do when you''re being threatened and there''s no officer in the vicinity? Take a beating and turn the other cheek? Are you going to walk on by when one of those vulnerable people you''ve mentioned is being humiliated/bullied/beaten? If your answer is yes to either of those questions, I would consider canceling your season ticket if I were you.The present government wants people to be more responsible for themselves - that includes helping the police in the prevention of crime - it includes a vigilante approach to the thugs that attend football matches.[/quote]The sad thing is though, say this situation did arise, and you did "fight back" the chances are you would be subject to a football banning order.[/quote]There are times to fight back and times to walk away...Man to man you should get the first lump in.... against a crowd you can live to fight another day.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Leeds a re a small club from a small city with a small fan base and a small future.[/quote]That''s you in their little black book!   [;)]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]Leeds a re a small club from a small city with a small fan base and a small future.
[/quote]

That''s you in their little black book!   [;)]
[/quote]

I''ve just rumbled what you are doing here Jas.

You''re going to hide behind Smudger and say it was him that said it.

[quote user="Shyster"]The present government wants people to be more responsible for themselves - that includes helping the police in the prevention of crime - it includes a vigilante approach to the thugs that attend football matches.[/quote]I might have considered voting Conservative if they had been serious about this.  As it is, enjoy the cells.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="GenerationA47"]

[quote user="Shyster"]

You know the best thing we should/could do to help the police?

FIGHT BACK!
[/quote]

[/quote]

What are you going to do when some forty thousand police officers lose their jobs? There''s obviously going to be less policing on match days, which''ll render innocent supporters open to thugs more then ever - so what do you do when you''re being threatened and there''s no officer in the vicinity? Take a beating and turn the other cheek? Are you going to walk on by when one of those vulnerable people you''ve mentioned is being humiliated/bullied/beaten? If your answer is yes to either of those questions, I would consider canceling your season ticket if I were you.

The present government wants people to be more responsible for themselves - that includes helping the police in the prevention of crime - it includes a vigilante approach to the thugs that attend football matches.
[/quote]

I think the approach is that the remaining police will be spending less time in the station on paperwork and spending more hours on the beat etc.