Sign in to follow this  
city till i die

tom adeyemi

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"]

[quote user="El Choppo"]I still think Adeyemi will turn out to achieve more as a player than Korey Smith will.
[/quote]

Interesting point but it leads me to ask on what evidence? I''d like them to both do well; they are both very different players. I also like the fact that Adeyemi is obviously a bright chap and is the polar opposite of the cliched opinion formed of footballers and intelligence.

I have to say that I have''nt seen enough of Adeyemi to know what his long term prospects are but Lambert obviously has, otherwise he''d be in the squad. If you are good enough - you are old enough would be an adage used to negate any argument on ''how he needs time to develop physically, blah blah''. I think Korey will net us a decent fee if and when he moves.

[/quote]

Well I kind of agree we don''t have any evidence that Adeyemi will achieve more than Korey Smith. But as I said I believe the comparison is unfair. I doubt Korey would have nailed down a first team place had we been Championship last season but he benefitted greatly from doing just that in League One. Hopefully Adeyemi will hold down his place in League Two for Bradford.

With the lack of reserve team football there''s little point in keeping a youngster who is on the fringes of the first team squad. Much better to send them on loan and get them some first team pitch time. So I don''t think him being loaned out is a sign that lambert doesn''t rate his prospects.

Now are you gonna finally have a go at the Free Bet later this week Shack??

[/quote]

Yes, agreed. I think that although they are the same age and have had the same schooling, they are different players and it is unfair to compare. What is asked of them on the football field is so different. I just am so pleased with how Korey has grabbed his opportunity. For someone of his size, he has such a good centre of gravity and seems to bounce tackles, coming away with the ball and if he loses it he looks to get it back as soon as possible.

Free bet - yes

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"]

[quote user="El Choppo"]I still think Adeyemi will turn out to achieve more as a player than Korey Smith will.
[/quote]

Interesting point but it leads me to ask on what evidence? I''d like them to both do well; they are both very different players. I also like the fact that Adeyemi is obviously a bright chap and is the polar opposite of the cliched opinion formed of footballers and intelligence.

I have to say that I have''nt seen enough of Adeyemi to know what his long term prospects are but Lambert obviously has, otherwise he''d be in the squad. If you are good enough - you are old enough would be an adage used to negate any argument on ''how he needs time to develop physically, blah blah''. I think Korey will net us a decent fee if and when he moves.

[/quote]

Well I kind of agree we don''t have any evidence that Adeyemi will achieve more than Korey Smith. But as I said I believe the comparison is unfair. I doubt Korey would have nailed down a first team place had we been Championship last season but he benefitted greatly from doing just that in League One. Hopefully Adeyemi will hold down his place in League Two for Bradford.

With the lack of reserve team football there''s little point in keeping a youngster who is on the fringes of the first team squad. Much better to send them on loan and get them some first team pitch time. So I don''t think him being loaned out is a sign that lambert doesn''t rate his prospects.

Now are you gonna finally have a go at the Free Bet later this week Shack??

[/quote]

....also, what about Cody''s progress at Gillingham? 3 in 3 games is a good return in any league. What are his chances here if he has got double figures by Christmas do you think City would try and get him on an extension, if only to get a better return when selling him? Can''t help thinking we won''t see him again at Norwich, which is a bit of a shame as I love the ''roy of the Rovers'' style story with him. He''s got some pace and if he could get his first touch coached, could be an asset.

I think he brings more to the table than Oli; that is another debate though!

[quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"]

....also, what about Cody''s progress at Gillingham? 3 in 3 games is a good return in any league. What are his chances here if he has got double figures by Christmas do you think City would try and get him on an extension, if only to get a better return when selling him? Can''t help thinking we won''t see him again at Norwich, which is a bit of a shame as I love the ''roy of the Rovers'' style story with him. He''s got some pace and if he could get his first touch coached, could be an asset.

I think he brings more to the table than Oli; that is another debate though!

[/quote]Totally agree with that. He''s worth keeping if we stay in the Champ, as a good squad player, but if we''re serious about promotion he''s probably a tad lacking (although he may improve!).Wherever he ends up, I wish him well.

Tom Adeyemi''s 18. Cody is 24. I am a great fan of Cody and love his attitude and commitment. It''s great to see him scoring good goals on our TV''s on a Saturday evening. But  I very much doubt if his future lies with us. Would love to be proved wrong though.

[quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"]

[quote user="El Choppo"]I still think Adeyemi will turn out to achieve more as a player than Korey Smith will.[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, I think he will.  I base this on limited knowledge of Adeyemi, but from what I have seen (admittedly one match being a friendly against a Man Utd XI when he outshone all their players by some considerable distance) he seems to have the box-to-box elements to his game and the creative side, that Korey Smith doesn''t.  Now I''m not knocking Korey Smith and I think he is a real find who continues to impress me, but he is quite a limited footballer overall whereas Adeyemi has it in him to be a strong tackler, an excellent passer and a good finisher with a decent long-range shot.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Tom Adeyemi''s 18. Cody is 24. I am a great fan of Cody and love his attitude and commitment. It''s great to see him scoring good goals on our TV''s on a Saturday evening. But  I very much doubt if his future lies with us. Would love to be proved wrong though.

[/quote]

I know one of the referees at Colney and according to him Lambert rates Cody extremely highly so I doubt his career is over with us just yet.

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I know one of the referees at Colney and according to him Lambert rates Cody extremely highly so I doubt his career is over with us just yet.

[/quote]

Well I hope you''re right. I just find it strange that a 24 year old striker would go out on loan. But to be fair these are different times with no reserve side.

It would be great to see Tom come through and really make himself a fixture in our first team. There are not many boys that come right up through the accademy system and make it. I think he joined at around under 9`s. Most of the kids that look like great prospects at that age never go on to make as pro`s. I dont really know why that is, perhaps the recognition at such a young age takes something away from them? Tom always played in the age group a year above him and has always been something special. I think he will be a big player for us in the future.

[quote user="El Choppo"][quote user="Jason Shackells limp Tackle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, I think he will.  I base this on limited knowledge of Adeyemi, but from what I have seen (admittedly one match being a friendly against a Man Utd XI when he outshone all their players by some considerable distance) he seems to have the box-to-box elements to his game and the creative side, that Korey Smith doesn''t.  Now I''m not knocking Korey Smith and I think he is a real find who continues to impress me, but he is quite a limited footballer overall whereas Adeyemi has it in him to be a strong tackler, an excellent passer and a good finisher with a decent long-range shot.

[/quote]

I was going to post something along the lines of what you have intimated above. Tom probably plays in a more cultured position whereas Korey is a bit of a ''water carrier'', he breaks up opposition play and does more of the dirty stuff. I''m just very pleased that the Academy seems to be now producing. I have always been surprised that in the last 10 years we have failed to consistantly produce decent players given the reputation that Colney has.

Does anyone know when Colney was set up with the Academy? I remember Wenger saying at when they set up the Academy there it would take over 10 years before you see the full effect of it. Wilshere being an example of what now will be coming through.

Hopefully this is a sign that we have got good things to come from now on. The under 18''s are going really well at moment so there are definitely good players at youth level. Hopefully we can see more making that step.

I know this thread is abotu Adeyemi but since we are talking abotu Cody does anyone know if we have an option to extend his contract? As far as i''m aware he is out of contract at the end of this season isn''t he?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I know this thread is abotu Adeyemi but since we are talking abotu Cody does anyone know if we have an option to extend his contract? As far as i''m aware he is out of contract at the end of this season isn''t he?[/quote]

I would have thought we have the option - whether it is axcercised or not is another matter.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I know this thread is abotu Adeyemi but since we are talking abotu Cody does anyone know if we have an option to extend his contract? As far as i''m aware he is out of contract at the end of this season isn''t he?[/quote]

He''s contracted until 2012, I believe the extra year was added before his loan move to the Gills. So I reckon that''s a sign that Lambert does indeed see a future here for him. What a great story it would be if Cody makes it.

Another forgotten player whose contract was extended by Lambert until summer 2012 is Luke Daley. It seems he''s being given time to get over his injury problems and I really hope he makes it with us.