Sign in to follow this  
Carra_Rud

Demand getting lower or is it still the holiday effect

[quote user="pennywise "]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]So how come there were very few moans about an "A" minimum price for members of £25 in a lower league last season, yet £27 for the same bracket this season is "exhorbitant"?? [/quote]

you keep on about £27 like a bloody  parrot .. they are £29 .. i''m a supermember and was told £29 [:D]

Barclay, N&P, Corner infills all priced at £27 for adult members for grade A games.

Check it out.

Skwark !![/quote]

maybe if most of you spent less time on here spouting bilge from your over used fingertips and got off the fat asses you could earn a bit of extra money (cab driving/burger flippin''/shopping trolley colecting) to cover the massive £2 hike. I''m sure "wordwonders" like cluck & co would be a big hit down at KFC on P of W rd.

also, can you really be a "glory hunter" supporting Norwich City? Really?

Maybe this is a comment I dont understand living close to the grounds of, and around the many fans of Arsenal/spurs/chelski. "why do you support Norwich"?, ..."i''m in it for the silverwear"?! er, no.

[quote user="Chrisr"]It''s the local cricket driving down attendances I tell you,Since someone has decided that football is now a summer sport there are thousands (ok hundreds...ok a few) of us still playing our national summer game for another 2 weeks. My side has 4 season ticket members, all of whom will be missing from CR this afternoon unless it rains....Bet it pours down at 15:30 so we get neither..[/quote]If they are season ticket holders then they are counted in the attendance figure even if they don''t attend.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]

maybe if most of you spent less time on here spouting bilge from your over used fingertips and got off the fat asses you could earn a bit of extra money (cab driving/burger flippin''/shopping trolley colecting) to cover the massive £2 hike. I''m sure "wordwonders" like cluck & co would be a big hit down at KFC on P of W rd.

also, can you really be a "glory hunter" supporting Norwich City? Really?

Maybe this is a comment I dont understand living close to the grounds of, and around the many fans of Arsenal/spurs/chelski. "why do you support Norwich"?, ..."i''m in it for the silverwear"?! er, no.

[/quote]

I''m sure a lot of people are "getting off their fat asses" (as you so charmingly put it) and doing extra work, but not to help pay the wages of overpaid and underworked footballers; no, they need the money to pay exorbitant utility bills and VAT increases, and mundane crap like that. 5 - 10K a week to punt a ball about mindlessly? Nice "work" if you can get it!

[quote user="a1canary"]"it''s the economy stupid" - who said that? was it clinton? anyway, Norwich as weathered the economic storm better than many places but it''s not immune and unemployment is getting worse. add to the mix holiday season and more expensive and frankly too expensive tickets in the championship and it''s not surprising we''re seeing a fall in demand. someone said it''s a false economy to fill up the stadium with cheap tickets, but is it right to have half a stadium of expensive tickets? i know which i (and lamber and the players) would rather have. it''s like taxation - where generally it is having fewer people paying higher taxes that is seen s the false economy, not lots of people paying lower taxes than (i.e. a full stadium of cheaper seats).[/quote]

The economy was f*cked last season- in fact there were numerous scare stories about another great depression.  And most people i know have never had so much disposable income because, with 1.5% interest rates, their mortgages have never been so cheap.

It''s perfectly simple for me, I''m prepared to pay £29 to go to a concert or the theatre - you know within a little what you''re going to get - but football can be the most mind-numbingly tedious 90 minutes imaginable, and then you start to regret parting with all that loot. You start wishing you''d had a good afternoon session in the pub instead; once again, you know within a little what you''re going to get. BLASTED!

On the other hand, it''s just about worth shelling out £29, I suppose, when you see one of those, fairly rare, end to end encounters with goals galore. I shall be picking and choosing which matches I attend this season. Football matters much less to me now.

This ''holiday effect''?

Do groups of supporters in certain areas, all go away on holiday at the same time and together?

Looking at the gaps in the stands the other week, it seemed like it....

For what it is worth the casual price for a ticket at the Perth Glory match this afternoon (12,031 spectators, Robbie Fowler wearing the number 9 shirt {and taking corners}) was $32 or roughly £16. It was good fun really because like in the old days at Carrow you could change your place at half time and stand, or sit, behind the the home team goal both halves and have a pint whilst watching the game.The songs the lads in the "Shed" (Barclay) were singing were much the same too.

It was $20 to watch Brisbane Roar vs Sydney (around a tenner in old money) and the football was similar to what you''d see on a park on a sunday afternoon.

Still, gotta keep up the old traditions and you get to drink weak beer in the stands

[quote user="pennywise "]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]So how come there were very few moans about an "A" minimum price for members of £25 in a lower league last season, yet £27 for the same bracket this season is "exhorbitant"?? [/quote]

you keep on about £27 like a bloody  parrot .. they are £29 .. i''m a supermember and was told £29 [:D]

[/quote]

Cheapest tickets for members were £27 in the end stands yesterday.  Either you, or the person you were dealing with got it wrong.