Sign in to follow this  
Delia Out!

Hoolahan

[quote user="Delia Out!"][quote user="Downloads"]

Well at least Smith completed more than one pass and went in for tackles, unlike Hoolahan.

[/quote]

Wrong.

[quote user="Downloads"][quote user="Delia Out!"][quote user="Downloads"]

Well at least Smith completed more than one pass and went in for tackles, unlike Hoolahan.

[/quote]

Wrong.

[/quote]

Well I didn''t see Hoolahan putting any decent tackles in, whereas Smith was.

"Well I didn''t see Hoolahan putting any decent tackles in, whereas Smith was."

Hoolahan got stuck in even if his tackles wern''t great. He had an off day. Too many misplaced passes didn''t look focused enough. He''ll be back to his usual self soon.

[quote user="Downloads"]

Completely agree, i think he will be a great player for us.

However for a poster above to say Korey was MOTM and Hoolahan was rubbish, they must have been watching a different match from me. Comparing them as equals, there wasn''t much between them, both distinctly average.[/quote]

If you are going to try and quote me get it right, I didn''t say Hoolahan was rubbish, I said "I find Hoolahan very

frustrating, I can take players having an off day and passes going

astray but I would like to see him actually try to win a tackle to get

the ball back. My MOTM today was Korey Smith."

Korey Smith doesn''t stop running and fighting for the ball and helped Russell Martin out a lot yesterday, Hoolahan when losing the ball looked scared to put his foot in and win the ball back which frustrates me.

So to sum up, I didn''t say Hoolahan was rubbish I said he was frustrating and if you thought Smith was distinctly average IMO you fall into the camp who will never believe one of our home grown players will ever be good enough.

sometimes this board fails to amaze me, I said this on Canary Call and i''ll say it again. Problem was Pratley was so deep that Crofts couldnt pick him up which left Wes to be in the same space as him and Pratley was much stronger. My mate who''s a Swansea fan actually said to me that Hoolahan played well, when I told him it was an off day for Hoolahan he was amazed and said he''d hate to play Hoolahan on a good day! Honestly I believe he''s a player which any club in this league would snap there hand off to have.

[quote user="PL"]sometimes this board fails to amaze me, I said this on Canary Call and i''ll say it again. Problem was Pratley was so deep that Crofts couldnt pick him up which left Wes to be in the same space as him and Pratley was much stronger. My mate who''s a Swansea fan actually said to me that Hoolahan played well, when I told him it was an off day for Hoolahan he was amazed and said he''d hate to play Hoolahan on a good day! Honestly I believe he''s a player which any club in this league would snap there hand off to have.[/quote]

Your friend seriously thought that Hoolahan played well?

[:|]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"]An off-day from a class player.
[/quote]

agreed
[/quote]

A class player at League 1 level, an average player in the Championship.

Bumped as no new threads on him today.  Did he silence the boo boys or was he anonymous?  I thought it sounded like he had a decent game and was getting stuck in as well.  So come on, lets hear your views, especially if you were there.

thanks

[quote user="Salford"]I pay £380 to sla g off whoever I want. If you don''t like it stop being such a pinkun boffin and get a life.[/quote]

I did not see your previous remark as "slagging" off Wes. It seemed to me a valid question about the system. If you play it can you afford to have a player who has an "off" day.or should you have someone on the bench you can change with at half time. That is I suppose what the squad is all about.

Im not a fan of Wes''s he was ok today, didnt give the ball away as much as usual, couple of nice passes, but nothing special, nothing that couldnt have been done by any other average championship midfielder.

I feel we''d be stronger starting someone else and using Wes/Simeon as impact players. Forest got tired late on and we didnt bring any fresh legs on.

[quote user="McCanary"]I thought he plaYed well today..... Even crossed with his RIGHT foot ....twice!![/quote]Crossing with his right foot, blocking shots, tackling strikers, and heading, he seems to of done it all under Lambert.My concern with Lambert is that he''s asking Hoolahan to be a more ''complete'' player, perhaps in order to fit Wes into the philosophy and system of football Lambert has incorporated into the club? And as much as that may sound like the best thing on face value, the potential for this to deter Hoolahan from utilising the departments of his play that he best exercises his genius could be a massive cause for concern.