Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Yesterday, Chris Martin, First Half...

Hey Guys,Someone I know went to the game yesterday and is going on about how diabolical Martin was 1st half yesterday! Apparently he didn''t look like he cared, was extremely slow, always fouling etc...is this true because I find it kind of hard to believe or is it just another of those people who hate Chrissy for no particular reason!

Words *, diabolical and appalling were used, is this true?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="canary_girl"]I thought he had a great game[/quote]Me too.[/quote]Thanks guys! Good too hear, I''m a big fan of the lad and was just curious! I will see on Wednesday and Saturday when I''m at the games[Y]

[quote user="Champions...Norwich"][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary_girl"]I thought he had a great game[/quote]Me too.[/quote]Thanks guys! Good too hear, I''m a big fan of the lad and was just curious! I will see on Wednesday and Saturday when I''m at the games[Y][/quote]Well he got man of the match and scored two goals, so if thats a bad game, I can''t wait for his good ones!![;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Champions...Norwich"][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary_girl"]I thought he had a great game[/quote]Me too.[/quote]Thanks guys! Good too hear, I''m a big fan of the lad and was just curious! I will see on Wednesday and Saturday when I''m at the games[Y][/quote]Well he got man of the match and scored two goals, so if thats a bad game, I can''t wait for his good ones!![;)][/quote]She said, he was good 2nd half, but 1st half....was he particularly bad?

Hi

I was at the match yesterday and totally agree that he had a dire first half.  He did seem sluggish and didn''t try and chase anything.  However I have to say he came out a different person at the second half and think he had had three shredded wheat or something because he played really well.

Thought Wes Hoolahan deserved man of the match more than him and he did not play the whole game!

[quote user="Champions...Norwich"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Champions...Norwich"][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary_girl"]I thought he had a great game[/quote]Me too.[/quote]Thanks guys! Good too hear, I''m a big fan of the lad and was just curious! I will see on Wednesday and Saturday when I''m at the games[Y][/quote]Well he got man of the match and scored two goals, so if thats a bad game, I can''t wait for his good ones!![;)][/quote]She said, he was good 2nd half, but 1st half....was he particularly bad?[/quote]Newcastle had a bit more of the game, so he possibly didn''t see as much of the ball, but I wouldn''t say he was bad.

[quote user="rich2408"]

Hi

I was at the match yesterday and totally agree that he had a dire first half.  He did seem sluggish and didn''t try and chase anything.  However I have to say he came out a different person at the second half and think he had had three shredded wheat or something because he played really well.

Thought Wes Hoolahan deserved man of the match more than him and he did not play the whole game!

[/quote]

This is the person that told me^^[:D]

Well i just think, he definately wasnt our best player particularly in the 1st half! i was not slagging him off in regards of the 2nd half.

I didnt use the words as stated above! just merely stated he didnt play as well as i expected

[quote user="rich2408"]

Well i just think, he definately wasnt our best player particularly in the 1st half! i was not slagging him off in regards of the 2nd half.

I didnt use the words as stated above! just merely stated he didnt play as well as i expected

[/quote]Liar!

[quote user="Champions...(Norwich)"]Hey Guys,Someone I know went to the game yesterday and is going on about how diabolical Martin was 1st half yesterday! Apparently he didn''t look like he cared, was extremely slow, always fouling etc...is this true because I find it kind of hard to believe or is it just another of those people who hate Chrissy for no particular reason!

Words *, diabolical and appalling were used, is this true?

The person you know must like a lot on tis forum - He/she sees a different game to the one played!

Goals apart (1st one was laid on a plate by Hoolahan and the 2nd one hit his head rather than he headed it!) Martin looked very strong and assured and was using the ball well. He gave Newcastle plenty of problems and Alan Smith had to resort to fouling him cause Martin was shielding the ball so well!

Chris Martin was the best player on the pitch yesterday.  I can only conclude that he makes difficult things look so easy people don`t notice how good he is.  Ask yourselves how often he wastes possession?   How often does he control a difficult ball whilst holding a big,ugly defender off before making an intelligent pass?  Some of his flicks and touches yesterday brought oohs and ahs from the fans around me.

The boy is a class act and as i posted about a year ago- enjoy him whilst we`ve got him, because if he keeps his head screwed on and keeps learning he`ll leave us for big money.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Chris Martin was the best player on the pitch yesterday.  I can only conclude that he makes difficult things look so easy people don`t notice how good he is.  Ask yourselves how often he wastes possession?   How often does he control a difficult ball whilst holding a big,ugly defender off before making an intelligent pass?  Some of his flicks and touches yesterday brought oohs and ahs from the fans around me.

The boy is a class act and as i posted about a year ago- enjoy him whilst we`ve got him, because if he keeps his head screwed on and keeps learning he`ll leave us for big money.

[/quote]

As we all know, there are some fans for whom Chris can never do right and there is little point in trying to open their minds. He never will charge around like Holty for 90 minutes, ergo he''s lazy and has a bad attitude. You''re banging your head against a brick wall, I''m afraid.

[quote user="rich2408"]

Hi

[/quote]

I have to say that this sums up how Britain as a whole seems to view football at the moment. If you don''t run around like a headless chicken you have a bad game . . . . . I would advise people to get hold of a copy of the docu-film made on Zidane and watch it all of the way through.

A hard working player covers a lot of ground, a quality player doesn''t because they know when to move, and when to hold their ground etc. Football isnt about running about the place like a looney, its about being in the right place at the right time.

Martin was quite obviously leading the line against the toon. He had a good first half and a better second but at no point was he diabolical. He was every bit as good as Hoolahan who was good but was not at his best, hung onto the ball a couple of times when he should have released it and then lost it, played a blind ball to left back not looking up to see that Lovenkrands was between him and Drury and so played him in. I think Francomb scuppered that one luckily.

Martin was strong and skillfull all game, he gave them all sorts of problems and then in the second half, boyed by the confidence of having scored a goal in the first half he stepped it up even further. I thought he looked a different class, some of his touches were just sublime. The whole team played well but he had some difficult balls passed into him and yet he made them look simple and easy to deal with.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

As we all know, there are some fans for whom Chris can never do right and there is little point in trying to open their minds. He never will charge around like Holty for 90 minutes, ergo he''s lazy and has a bad attitude. You''re banging your head against a brick wall, I''m afraid.

[/quote]

I have a habit of doing that.....![:S]  People would probably prefer him if his touch wasn`t so good, so he had to run around like a headless chicken trying to win the ball back after he`s given it away.....[:|]

Great post Chicken btw, definately not pointless drivel [;)]

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="rich2408"]

Hi

[/quote]

I have to say that this sums up how Britain as a whole seems to view football at the moment. If you don''t run around like a headless chicken you have a bad game . . . . . I would advise people to get hold of a copy of the docu-film made on Zidane and watch it all of the way through.

A hard working player covers a lot of ground, a quality player doesn''t because they know when to move, and when to hold their ground etc. Football isnt about running about the place like a looney, its about being in the right place at the right time.

Martin was quite obviously leading the line against the toon. He had a good first half and a better second but at no point was he diabolical. He was every bit as good as Hoolahan who was good but was not at his best, hung onto the ball a couple of times when he should have released it and then lost it, played a blind ball to left back not looking up to see that Lovenkrands was between him and Drury and so played him in. I think Francomb scuppered that one luckily.

Martin was strong and skillfull all game, he gave them all sorts of problems and then in the second half, boyed by the confidence of having scored a goal in the first half he stepped it up even further. I thought he looked a different class, some of his touches were just sublime. The whole team played well but he had some difficult balls passed into him and yet he made them look simple and easy to deal with.

[/quote]That is exactly what I think [Y] He is a great talent, and one Norwich City are very lucky too have. As Mr Carrow said if he keeps improving at a steady rate, in a few years he could be off for good money!This person also said he is an arrogant git, who thinks he is more than he is...

[quote user="Champions...Norwich"]This person also said he is an arrogant git, who thinks he is more than he is...[/quote]Well there''s a shock. A young man with lots of money, testosterone and talent in "arrogant git" shocker. NEWSFLASH - most footballers are arrogant gits! In many cases it''s the supreme self-confidence and belief that got them to the top in the first place. I frankly couldn''t care less how arrogant he is, or how much he thinks of himself. Chris Sutton was famously a total TWUNT and I''d still put him in the top 5 best players ever to play for us.As long as he''s not a criminal, and he''s not a violent thug on or off the pitch, why can''t people just be proud that we''ve finally grown a talent that we can be proud of?!?

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Champions...Norwich"]

This person also said he is an arrogant git, who thinks he is more than he is...
[/quote]

Well there''s a shock. A young man with lots of money, testosterone and talent in "arrogant git" shocker.

NEWSFLASH - most footballers are arrogant gits! In many cases it''s the supreme self-confidence and belief that got them to the top in the first place. I frankly couldn''t care less how arrogant he is, or how much he thinks of himself. Chris Sutton was famously a total TWUNT and I''d still put him in the top 5 best players ever to play for us.

As long as he''s not a criminal, and he''s not a violent thug on or off the pitch, why can''t people just be proud that we''ve finally grown a talent that we can be proud of?!?
[/quote]

Also, this requires an assessment of what "he is".  In the opinions of some posters, it would be impossible for Chris not to think he is more than they think he is.   In that definition, arrogance would be unavoidable.

Whilst i would prefer all City players to be fine and modest men, it is how good he is that is the main issue.   No one is suggesting that he is Cole or Terry after all and there are plenty who think even those deeply unpleasant men are forgiven if they play well.