Sign in to follow this  
Ooh Ahh Lee Power

Dilemma

Just wanted to share my dilemma and receive some much needed sympathy.

I am lead singer of a local rock band. This obviously fills me with joy, it is something I love doing, have done for a few years now and have played some great venues including festivals around the uk.

Well here comes my dilemma, this Friday we are due to play our biggest festival of the summer with thousands of people set to watch our 3 hour set. And of course Friday is the start of the season!

I am a season ticket holder and do not want to miss the first game, but what can I do??

Tough one! The only thing you can do is to try and get somebody to record it as it''s on TV, and you try not find out the score and watch it when you are back! What band you in?

if you havnt got sky find someone who has and record it. (i know its not quite the same) and then you can play the gig

3hours thats quite a long time. i used to do just a 1 and a half hour set with my band

If you truely are a muso, and love R&R, you''ll do the gig everytime.

If not, your a part timer with a nice hobby.

Tough call, but thats R&R. [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/music03.gif[/img]

I could sky plus it but this will be purely for the fact of seeing how good we played. There is absolutely no way I can go without not knowing the score.

And yeah its a well paid gig, although money isn''t everything.

I cant even hope its a drab game because I really want us to start off with a nice big win to completely forget about last seasons opening day!

mate sky plus it, there are lots more games, this gig might be the big 1 and you could end up touring the world, make a load of cash then retire and watch city home and away and never miss a game.

So gig it mate.

[quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]I could sky plus it but this will be purely for the fact of seeing how good we played. There is absolutely no way I can go without not knowing the score. And yeah its a well paid gig, although money isn''t everything. I cant even hope its a drab game because I really want us to start off with a nice big win to completely forget about last seasons opening day![/quote]

What band are you in?

[quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]I could sky plus it but this will be purely for the fact of seeing how good we played. There is absolutely no way I can go without not knowing the score. And yeah its a well paid gig, although money isn''t everything. I cant even hope its a drab game because I really want us to start off with a nice big win to completely forget about last seasons opening day![/quote]Then sorry, but you''re not committed to music fella, I would give my eyes teeth to have a talent to be like Gary Moore or a Ginger Baker.

[quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]I could sky plus it but this will be purely for the fact of seeing how good we played. There is absolutely no way I can go without not knowing the score.

And yeah its a well paid gig, although money isn''t everything.

I cant even hope its a drab game because I really want us to start off with a nice big win to completely forget about last seasons opening day![/quote]I should think it is well paid for a three hour set! That''s just over too much! Do you guys have some sort of elaborate stage show too? A la Spinal Tap? [;)]I''m guessing you''re predominantly a covers band? There isn''t a single band I can think of in Norwich who could play three hours of their own stuff.Hmm.....maybe someone like Egypt. My dad is a big Groundhogs fan, who were quite prolific, so it''s possible a band of that magnitude could do three hours. Are you from that particular beat combo??!Anyway. I reckon you should go and rock out and enjoy the gig. You''ll have plenty of time to watch City after the summer festival season is done. It''s just a pain it got moved to the Friday in your case!

[quote user="ryan1992"]

[quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]I could sky plus it but this will be purely for the fact of seeing how good we played. There is absolutely no way I can go without not knowing the score. And yeah its a well paid gig, although money isn''t everything. I cant even hope its a drab game because I really want us to start off with a nice big win to completely forget about last seasons opening day![/quote]

What band are you in?

[/quote]Is it the Pet Shop Boys?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Tough call, but thats R&R. [img]http://www.acidtrax.net/smileys/music03.gif[/img]

[/quote]Not often I agree with Wiz but he''s spot on!I missed most of my wife''s 30th birthday party to play a gig, got an absolute rollocking but I''d do the same thing again...

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Not often I agree with Wiz but he''s spot on!

I missed most of my wife''s 30th birthday party to play a gig, got an absolute rollocking but I''d do the same thing again...
[/quote]Respect Mook.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]It''s not the answer he wants to hear Wiz.  IMO you''re quite correct.

We''re called Lick And A Promise and we are playing at the Larling Beer Festival. Largest outdoor beer festival in Norfolk. Should be a good night. We are on from 9 - 12, mainly covers by bands such as Beatles, Stones, Free, The Who, T-Rex, and more modern, Stereophonics, Muse, Kings of Leon etc etc.

I hope I miss an absolutely awesome performance from the yellows!!

[quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]We''re called Lick And A Promise and we are playing at the Larling Beer Festival. Largest outdoor beer festival in Norfolk. Should be a good night. We are on from 9 - 12, mainly covers by bands such as Beatles, Stones, Free, The Who, T-Rex, and more modern, Stereophonics, Muse, Kings of Leon etc etc.

I hope I miss an absolutely awesome performance from the yellows!![/quote]Can''t you just get your front man to ask what the score was after 10pm, or find out during your break - I presume you ''re not playing 3 hours straight through?Good bands to cover, sounds good, hope it goes well.

The fortunate thing is I am the front man so I will hopefully be able to get regular updates. We will also get a 15mins break so all being well and signal is ok I check the scores on my phone.

Thanks Chops!!

[quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]We''re called Lick And A Promise and we are playing at the Larling Beer Festival. Largest outdoor beer festival in Norfolk. Should be a good night. We are on from 9 - 12, mainly covers by bands such as Beatles, Stones, Free, The Who, T-Rex, and more modern, Stereophonics, Muse, Kings of Leon etc etc.

I hope I miss an absolutely awesome performance from the yellows!![/quote]That was a close guess[:)]

Did you put this ''dilemma'' to your bandmates before you started consulting us?I think they may have wanted an opinion on the matter?Just a thought......

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Did you put this ''dilemma'' to your bandmates before you started consulting us?

I think they may have wanted an opinion on the matter?

Just a thought......
[/quote]

Yeah Scott, what do Charlie, Graham, Bryan and Jeff think?

[quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]Well here comes my dilemma, this Friday we are due to play our biggest

festival of the summer with thousands of people set to watch our 3 hour

set.
[/quote]"Thousands of people"?http://angel-larling.co.uk/Not being funny, but it''s hardly Glastonbury.

Missed the first game last season because I was in new york, turns out it was a good job I missed it!Therefore, come to the game, I can''t face watching a 7-1! Nah, go to your gig mate!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]Well here comes my dilemma, this Friday we are due to play our biggest

festival of the summer with thousands of people set to watch our 3 hour

set.
[/quote]"Thousands of people"?http://angel-larling.co.uk/Not being funny, but it''s hardly Glastonbury.[/quote]Ahhhhh! I wondered if that was where it was! It''s got a kind of shed thing on the other side of the road where they have the ''festival''........If there''s more than 200 people there I''ll eat my laptop.

[quote user="Ooh Ahh Lee Power"]Someone been checking out our website?? What do you think?[/quote]

What website? I just picked five random names Derek Acorah style...

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

It''s not the answer he wants to hear Wiz.  IMO you''re quite correct.
[/quote]

I think he has to do the gig, said you would.